The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Photo Psyche (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of NeilS
A little while ago Stephen Young shared with me the images he was going to use in his latest release, Photo Psyche. As Steve is a professional photographer, the images were not only superbly composed but with each highly evocative.

Today I received the actual printed set and they surpass expectations. They handle nicely, the images outstanding and the back of the cards very intriguing (and useful!) Although the cards have been primarily designed for readings, they also lend themselves well to mental effects including being an excellent and visual alternative to ESP cards.

For the reader the cards are great for interpretation and are almost like a photographic tarot.

Steve has come up with something very special here and with Photo Psyche capable of so many uses.

I should have occasion to try these cards out very soon in the real world and will report back on how they are received.

Neil
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
I also received a set of cards today. I intend to post a review of Photo Psyche soon. I can only agree with Neil, the cards are beautifully produced and handle very well. The images are SO good, they make readings incredibly easy. Each image shouts at your imagination. A full review will follow soon.

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
I look forward to the review as I use the Tarot a lot. It will be interesting to see what you make of this system.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
If anyone has any questions I'll answer as fully as I can.

Steve
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Just to let people know I've set up a Facebook group specifically for Photo psyche owners to access once the have the effect in hand.
And the first great bit of news is that Peter turner is busy writing up one of his brilliant ideas for Photo Psyche.

It will be probably not be ready in time to go in the PDF but will be added to the Facebook group page and/or emailed to owners as soon as it's ready.

Steve
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
353 Posts

Profile of espkeith
This looks really interesting. Curse you, Stephen! Smile
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
Can't wait to get mine. Will pass on my thoughts when I do.
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3091 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I know mine are arrived and I cant wait to come back home next week to play with these cards!
I have already some ideas...a nice psychometry routine will be really good with these....
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1873 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Really nice....coming to TM?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Just putting the finishing touches to the PDF this weekend.
A couple of last minute things to include, with great thanks to Peter and Kenton.

Steve
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
@Todd Was the TM question for me?

If so I'm very much hoping to be there.

Steve
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Photo Psyche

I think this is quite innovative. Photo Psych come from the creative mind of Steve Young. Over the last couple of months I've been privileged to receive several draft copies of this product. Believe me gentlemen (and ladies) this has been a long hard labour of love for Steve. This isn't some cheap trick thrown together off the back of some scribble in a note book. Steve has put a LOT of time and effort into this creation.

So what is Photo Psyche and what do you get for your money?

Well, It's a set of cards you can use for readings (and a whole lot more). I believe at the time of writing this Steve is also going to provide a digital version of the images for your smartphone.

The accompanying pdf is massive. The copy I have is over 90 pages in length but I've recently read about a few additions which I would imagine take the pdf to over 100 pages.

The pdf starts with a lot of background information. Steve talks about how the project came about and why he decided to use photographs. Steve's reasoning is logical, sound and well thought through. It's quite an in depth discussion and makes for a very interesting and thought provoking read.

Steve then discusses the deck itself and how the deck is constructed. Again Steve goes to great lengths to discuss the reasons for each aspect of the decks construction.

The Cards - This section of the pdf explores each of the 65 cards in detail. Here we learn about each individual image, suggested insights we can glean from the image and questions we can put to the sitter relating to that specific image. When one begins to explore each card, it becomes obvious that this isn't just a set of 65 random pictures but a very calculated and carefully chosen set of photographs. This must have been a considerable task for Steve.

To be honest the photographs themselves are beautiful. Each one is quite different and interesting. Steve is a great photographer and has captured some really nice images. The actual cards feel great and are a joy to handle. My cards arrived in a neat little drawstring pouch, nice touch Steve! This is a QUALITY product.

Steve discusses the back design. Again he explains in great detail about the development of the design and how it can be used with great effect.

The remainder of the pdf covers suggestions for readings, mentalism effects, the smartphone version and how you can use your own images.

Lastly there is an interesting list of people and things Steve gives credit to.

I am a Tarot reader and was hesitant to explore a new oracle. I do however like Photo Psych, I like it a lot actually. The photographs are great and readings are real easy. The images allow your intuition and imagination to flow readily and naturally. I've found it quite eciting to give readings with these cards as the combination of pictures makes an interesting tapestry for both the sitter and reader.

This is a quality product. It's ideal for seasoned readers, novices and mentalists. The cards and images are a joy to own and look through. Steve has created an oracle that can be used in many different ways. I suggest you snap this up when it is released.

Derek

FACEBOOK
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
...I should also mention that some well known names are becoming involved in this project, submitting routines, related work and offering example readings.

Exciting stuff!

FACEBOOK
davidmag
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of davidmag
What are the dimensions of the photos?
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Thank you for your very kind review Kinesis.
It was a deliberate ploy to send review copies to people who were firm tarot users.
I wanted to send it to people who would be most likely to find fault with it.

I believe in honest advertising so, although Kinesis has stated that Photo Psyche is for experts and beginners alike, I would like to state that if you have never ever attempted readings before then some study of the subject is advisable to get the most out of Photo Psyche.

@davidmag
I decided to have the images produced on card stock, and to make them poker size.

Using regular photos made the set difficult to handle. They would not separate easily making it difficult for a sitter to easily scan through the images.
I toyed with the idea of making them a larger size, but that would have put the cost above the level I was happy with.

However, each set comes with a CD that contains the instruction PDF but just as importantly also a file containing all the images in digital format.
Should anyone wish to have the images larger for stage use perhaps, then they can do that for very little cost at any local photo-print shop.

Steve
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3091 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I finally put my hands on PHOTO PSYCHE, absolutely wonderful job Steve!
Very, VERY useful cards! And absolutely easy to do reading with!
I also got the OAP Sharpies and finally I can use them with my routine (you know Steve what I am talking abnout)
Look forward for the pdf now Smile
Thanks again Steve, you are a true gentleman and your customer service is great!
Luca
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of NeilS
My wife is a teacher and last night was discussing a creative writing exercise she was planning for today and needed some visual input. I showed her the Photo Psyche cards and she was immediately taken with them - for a dreadful moment, I thought I had lost them - with her saying, 'I like these a lot.'

Not only was she referring to the pictures themselves but also the way so many were perfect for interpretation. Once she had decided upon an image to use with her class, I asked her what she saw in the picture (and with this a useful question to ask when giving a reading) and she saw so much it resulted in a fascinating discussion.

So Photo Psyche has not only got an enthusiastic thumbs up from my wife (who, for some very strange reason, looks so suspiciously at much I show), but what arose last night just shows how excellent these cards are for interpretation and exploring personal thoughts. For my wife to be so impressed is a major accolade!
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Funnily enough I was discussing this about a week ago with someone.

Imagine the scene.
One of those interdepartmental meetings that companies have.
Usually the first thing is everyone has to stand up in turn and "tell us about yourself"
Complete nightmare for all involved.

Now imagine that as they come in there is a table with the Photo Psyche images scattered on.
Each person picks one.

Now when they stand up they are to talk about the image they have chosen and why.
Every one has something to talk about that isn't putting the focus directly on them.

Now change the scene to a Psi Party.
At the beginning you know nobody (the host perhaps)but then you go through this exercise. How much info can you glean for later, under the guise of a little ice breaker exercise?

"Photo Psyche rocks, and I commend it to this house."

Steve
PS Neil, say thank you to your wife for me.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Message has been passed on Steve.

In fact the lesson was such a success, my wife has now earmarked another image for a follow up exercise. She is now using the cards as much as I am!
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2051 Posts

Profile of aligator
I guess you need another set Neil.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Photo Psyche (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL