The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » John Kennedy's Jump! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ecno
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ecno
I bought this one a while ago but I just don't use it enough. I was wondering if you guys happen to know whether I can make something with it or do a nice little trick with it.
It's hard to explain what you can do with it without exposing it. This should give you an example:

http://www.hanklee.net/cgi-bin/quikstore......arch=yes

One other thing you can do with it is take a helium balloon. Let it go up and suddenly make it come down. I hope I'm not telling too much.
Any other ideas on what I can use it for ?
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
hhhhhmmmm........IM me how it works and I'll try to come up with something....sounds good from the description. Smile
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
hhhhhmmmm........PM me how it works and I'll try to come up with something....sounds good from the description.

Sorry PM not IM Smile
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
I use it to cause a book to fly out from a shelf.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
ecno
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ecno
aren't people seeing the ***you know what*** ?
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4696 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Nope.

Since I don't call attention to what's about to happen before it happens, the gimmick is psychological invisible. I place it in front of the row of books and then put the book I wish to fly out in place so that part of the gimmick is behind the book. The end is not anchored too securely, so once it goes off, there's no evidence to be found.

At the appropriate time, the book flies out of the shelf, and I act as surprised as everyone. Then I 'wonder' if there's a message for someone to be found in the book, and sure enough, there is!

:evilgrin:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I've used it to make soup suddenly splash... the "you-know-what" was hidden by the spoon. It was a bit messy, but everyone was startled at the table. And I made my hair move once as a joke, but that startled them more than I expected. I"ve since put it away, but now you guys got me thinking about it again.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Andrew Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of Andrew Wong
i think thatthe ***you know what*** is quite visible! Smile
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
I agree, I don't see how you could charge $80 for it. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Say yes to getting more emoticons!!!
ecno
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ecno
Yes, it's quite visible.
Maybe I should just replace it with something more visible. That way they will obviously see it but so what, as long as you take them by surprise with another effect.
I mean, maybe I could attach a card to it. Put it on the other side of the table and suddenly it will come back to me. They will obviously see how this is done but what if I were to make to card pass through a box, you know something like a black hole and this makes the card disappear. The box can be fully examined afterwards ... and where's the card ? It's in someone's jacket!
Any ideas on how this can be done?

A big BANG or a flash or some smoke would be nice Smile

Or maybe I should tell them what is about to happen. The card is about to disappear as soon as it goes through the box but it's I have never done it before so I don't know whether it will work.
I tell them the timing has to be right. Maybe I should have them operate the flashsystem so I can tell the person responsible for it "you didn't have your timing right and look what happened ...
the card didn't disappear!
But wait a minute .... the card was a 5 of hearts but it no longer is. The card is blank! Even your signature is gone!

Any ideas on how this can be done?

I want them to help with this trick. Someone is responsible for the black hole box - flash, someone pushes the button, and another one is actually holding the card (... in a dark colored glass or rolled up paper ?)

It's just an idea. I need some help.
Try not to make me spend another 80 bugs Smile
I also prefer to use normal stuff, stuff that can be found in restaurants, just to set up the trick.

Other ideas are welcome.
mrbungle
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of mrbungle
i have got no cleu how it works, is it some sort of spring with a remote? Anyways, place a couple of objects on a table and force one to the spectator, step away from the table and make him think/stare at his object. Tell him you are trying to lock on to it also. Now both of you are staring at the same object. to show him what object you think of you will try to lift it with your E.T. powers. I think they will freak out. Fall unconsious on the table and start to scream. This will be enough misdirection to take the gimick away........ok sorry, i got caried away.!
Grandia Enterprises inc. 1974
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » John Kennedy's Jump! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL