The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » M-U-M magazine is simply amazing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cluckdini
View Profile
New user
This stunt chicken telekinetically typed
62 Posts

Profile of Cluckdini
Since I have been enjoying reading each month's M-U-M magazine cover to cover for the last four or so years, I am way overdue for expressing my appreciation for this amazing magazine. The quality and quantity of useful information each month is simply astounding. Thank you all for putting this wonderful resource together!
Cluckdini
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Cluckdini
One of the things I value is the insights spread thru every column and review. For me, and I assume for other isolated magicians, reading M-U-M magazine is actually a most of my interaction with other magicians. I live more than an hour's drive from both assembly 2 and assembly 112 (or a magic shop for that matter). Despite desire and being a SAM member for four years, I have not been able to make it to a meeting yet (almost all time being consumed by two small children who don't like to sleep) . I read their assembly news (and ones for cities I may visit soon) and continue to try to find a way to make a visit to work.

I really appreciate when a review or article mention specifics about effects or techniques that they consider the benchmark, best in class, or especially strong. Some of the most useful reviews have contained pointers to stronger effect than what is being reviewed. Without folks in the know expressing opinions based on their personal experience, it is hard to develop the discernment between good and great magic. I want to perform consistently great magic and it is with this mindset that I read M-U-M magazine.
Cluckdini
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Cluckdini
I should have added that the new "The High Road" column by Mick Ayers has been particularly useful for me right now in my pursuit of stronger magic performances.
mclose
View Profile
V.I.P.
306 Posts

Profile of mclose
Thanks for the kind words!

Glad you're enjoying the magazine.

Best wishes,

Michael Close
Editor, M-U-M
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1405 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Quote:
On 2013-03-14 08:57, mclose wrote:
Thanks for the kind words!

Glad you're enjoying the magazine.

Best wishes,

Michael Close
Editor, M-U-M

I definitely enjoy the magazine Michael. Keep up the good work.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
990 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Quote:
On 2013-03-13 18:51, Cluckdini wrote:
I should have added that the new "The High Road" column by Mick Ayers has been particularly useful for me right now in my pursuit of stronger magic performances.

You just made my day, C'dini. It's nice to get some feedback!

Warmest regards,
Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
British Columbia
1405 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Mick, your comment; "Believability is the soul of effective conjuring" is so true. Your writing style is entertaining and definitely educational. Please keep up the good work. You are appreciated.

Ray
EnterTRAINment at its best. Keeping the Magic Alive in Northern BC
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1917 Posts

Profile of DT3
There is pure gold in "The High Road" column. I'm learning so much from it. What I love about that column is that each month there is a great essay and lesson from someone who has totally been there and done that. And as if that is not enough, he always gives a great effect at the end to illustrate the points he made in the article. Great material indeed.
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
990 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Hey Ray...Hi Don,

Thank you both! Michael Close asked me to contribute useful advice supported by a revelant effect. You guys have me thinking I'm closer to the bullseye than hoped.

Thanks again,
Mick
THE FIVE OBLIGATIONS OF CONJURING: Study. Practice. Script. Rehearse. Perform. Drop one and you're done.
Cluckdini
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Cluckdini
Quote:
On 2013-03-17 20:21, Mick Ayres wrote:
Thank you both! Michael Close asked me to contribute useful advice supported by a revelant effect. You guys have me thinking I'm closer to the bullseye than hoped.
Mick

All I can say is that your advice is definitely resonating with me. Smile Literally in the middle of reading each of your columns I have been stopped by the realization of how I could make an effect I have been doing for years much better. Following those ideas has led to new premises for old favorite effects, making them like new to me. A little surprising to me, it also has led to much better, more justified methods in some cases. Thank you!
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
527 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Quote:
On 2013-03-17 10:20, DT3 wrote:
There is pure gold in "The High Road" column. I'm learning so much from it. What I love about that column is that each month there is a great essay and lesson from someone who has totally been there and done that. And as if that is not enough, he always gives a great effect at the end to illustrate the points he made in the article. Great material indeed.

I totally agree with you about "The High Road" column. I have been reading and re-reading that column. It is one of the first ones I go to now.
Mick Ayres
View Profile
Special user
Hilton Head Island
990 Posts

Profile of Mick Ayres
Thank you both for the kind, encouraging word, gentlemen. Knowing the message is being heard and making a difference means everything.

Warmest regards,
Mick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » M-U-M magazine is simply amazing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL