The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Great Dante - Sawing A Woman In Half (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
Despite all of the new versions with thin boxes, clear boxes, no boxes, etc. etc., this would still fool an audience today.
Note the subtle touches and how open and fair everything looks - especially at the end.
While Dante was past his prime on this show (You Asked For It - 1953) every illusionist can learn something from this.
Enjoy ...

http://youtu.be/r3Fbp5wWhgE
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Thanks David. That's a wonderful clip. But where are the strobe lights and the dancers? Smile

John
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
Moi Yo Miller - one of the greatest assistants of all time is good enough for me!
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Dante certainly knew his showmanship. I bet he could have presented any version of sawing and fooled everyone.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1396 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I saw this performed live at the Castle by Jonathan Levit (as Thurston), assisted by David Regal and Rob Zabrecky, under the direction of Jim Steinmeyer.
It was brilliantly entertaining, and garnered gasps from the audience. One of the best sawings I have ever seen.
It's all in the reflexes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » The Great Dante - Sawing A Woman In Half (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL