The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coins Are The Answer and The Lightbulb That Went Off Above My Head! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yeah, Todd, it certainly does have to have all those benefits attached to it to do it full time. People used to tell me that also, like "what are you doing here, when you can do all that?" Smile

And Daf, well, I stopped in at the local AT&T store in Bergen County, NJ at the mall to just say hello to an old friend that works there. He immediately asks me to do something for the new guy, a younger guy sitting across the store from him. There were other people in the store at the counters but as I stepped out into the new guy's space and took out 2 coins (a half dollar and a dollar size Chinese coin), all eyes turned my way as I openly displayed them and intentionally eye-balled them all, Smile with my friend standing up and having the biggest smile as he knew everyone was going to be in for a treat way beyond their ordinary day there (They were certainly going to get more than new phone or pay a bill, that's for sure). Smile My friend has seen my magic before and truly enjoys it. Smile I then proceeded to do one of my most favorite impromptu effects, ReViSiTed! This is where I openly show 2 coins, and a half dollar (no sudden moves) visually changes places with a larger Chinese coin, then the half dollar vanishes completely, then with a magical blow the Chinese coin changes into the half dollar, and then as magically back again with my hands cleanly shown behind each miracle. Smile I finish by asking the specs do they wonder where I keep the silver coin? And then I remarkably pull the half dollar out of the little hole in the middle of the Chinese Coin. You should see their faces. Smile Sorta looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5J7W-5ter1k

It seems like it's all over and everyone's eyes are bulging at the impossibilities they just saw, especially that coin coming up out of the hole. Smile And that's when I hit them with an even greater finale...I tell them that sometimes 2 coins can be too hard to follow, so I ask another spec to hold the half dollar for me and I gave the big Chinese coin to the new guy and asked him to check it out, make sure everything is good, especially that hole. Smile I take back the coin and clearly toss it back into my left hand a couple of times, squeeze it tightly, ask another spec to simply blow on it, and open my hand to show that under such great pressure and assistance the big gold Chinese coin the new guy just checked out has magically now become a gold ring in front of everybody. Smile I openly place the ring on my finger and take back the half dollar from the spec holding it for me, showing my hands cleanly, smile and take a bow. Smile I usually do this all standing where it appears a lot more dynamic, and I feel in much more control of the moments to move about and better accentuate things. Smile

I had time so I decided to throw in this new finale, I call this new part my "Ringa-Dinga." Smile It's a killer finale, where I change of a coin to an impossible item. Everybody in the store was watching by now and everyone is in the palm of my hands, "classically" so to speak. Smile This ReViSiTed! effect is one of my very best as it brings together the core of my work, a series of moves that when mixed just so, create some powerful magic in the hearts and minds of people. Smile

I have as much fun presenting it as they do watching it. Smile I feel good about myself and all I've learned to be able to put it all together and change people's reality with just 2 regular coins via the journey of learning how to do just that. And it was all worked on and hammered out in doing bits and pieces of all this here and there for all sorts of people, all over the place, from home to work almost everyday. I developed this routine from a few different smaller effects, just kept playing with it, connecting this with that until I streamlined an effect that ain't that hard to do really, and is completely modular, that is that it can be done in parts if you like and still amaze people...What's not to like? Smile This was all so much fun, and it always is whenever I do it. Smile I can do a lot of stuff but I have found that this effect is the only coin trick I ever have to do, and like my friend Todd here said, you are instantly, most honorably and forever crowned, "The Magic Man." Smile And though you never know when, there's quite a few of us walking around here & there bringing unexpected/unreal happiness and magic to people, big, small and all. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Coins Are The Answer and The Lightbulb That Went Off Above My Head! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL