The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rabbit Wringer options (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
I was given a Rabbit Wringer. I don't work with livestock, but I don't want to see this go to waste. What are some other things to do with a Rabbit Wringer other than produce or vanish a rabbit? Any thoughts?
Lou
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Use a flat piece of felt and two fake rabbits.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Barry Mitchell had a nice recycling show where the rabbit wringer became a garbage compactor.
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Great idea on the garbage compactor
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I'm not sure what your rabbit wringer looks like, but one idea I have if you can do this, is to do it in reverse. You could maybe draw a picture on something and wind up your picture inside of the box instead of the other way. Then you can produce what you drew out of the wringer.
I can show my wringer empty before hand if I want to.
Now I must say I LOVE this, and I have 2 different sized ones, but that being said, I do use mine to produce a real bunny.
Now if you do not really plan on using it, then I'd suggest you sell it.
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Wizardpa,
Good Idea. I'll see if I can reverse the trick. I have tried to sell it here on the Café and had no takers. Shipping may be a killer.
Billy Joel
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
I always did rabbit wringer in reverse. Better to make a rabbit appear than "Kill" one.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Boy that is the truth Harry.

I use mine in conjunction with a production box, Puppet rabbit produced, and placed in the wringer, and then the flat rabbit placed in a circus wagon, and then that is turned into a real rabbit to end my show.
Julie Carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
Watford
139 Posts

Profile of Julie Carpenter
I bought a beautiful looking rabbit wringer - I used it twice, then sold it on. I work alone and the bunny was in the box for too long.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I designed my routine so that the rabbit was never in the box for more than a couple minutes at a time...and even the rabbit caught on to that. I wouldn't have an animal do something that I wouldn't do, if I could. Heat stroke is a horrible way to die. I had the onset of heat stroke, many years ago - won't go back to Cedar Point because of it.

I don't use a rabbit anymore, thanks to the tales of the USDA gestapos.
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Have one that I soon will be selling. I used it for my rabbit for a short time, used it mostly for a rubber pig to 6 feet of sponge sausage. Lots of funny pig lines.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki built the opposite of a rabbit wringer that he calls a rabbit inflator. He uses it as an ending to his "Bunny Business" Card Tricks now showing up in Wizards' Journal #25. He usually takes the Bunny Card known as "Bob" and inflates it in his Inflator Box that is attached to an old bicycle pump, then producing the "live" Bunny Bob for the ending. His live Bob is a very realistic Folkmanis puppet that fools small children who even pet it and don't catch on that it is a puppet. Older kids may guess that it is a puppet, but Qua-Fiki tells them to keep it quiet so they won't hurt the bunny's feelings, and that seems to work on them as well. Eventually he may decide to use a Rabbit Wringer box to flatten the bunny into a bunny card for Bunny Business, but the problem there is the same as with any vanish- the box is highly suspect even after apparently showing it empty. We have a version of a bunny vanish where the box is taken apart and the pieces handed out to the helpers, but it doesn't have the wringer rollers... yet. That would be the way to do it, I think.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rabbit Wringer options (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL