The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Be on the Lookout for the Lookout Wallet! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1112 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
The Lookout Wallet will soon be available from your favorite dealer!

The Lookout Wallet is a beautiful leather business card wallet with an amazing peek feature!

The Lookout Wallet is perfect for formal or casual settings and holds plenty of business cards (it easily holds 40), and it looks completely ordinary. However, it allows you to get a peek in a way that is undetectable to your audience. The angles are good, and the peek can be obtained in more ways than one.

With the Lookout, the spectator can freely handle the wallet and can even insert the card with their drawing/writing on it themselves!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
Boudje
View Profile
New user
France
89 Posts

Profile of Boudje
Hi, the size of the wallet is the size of a deck of cards?
I'ld like to know if I can put my Identity Card in it (French one).
mickym
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of mickym
Is there a preliminary link showing it?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
There's a link in paul's signature...see?

as for the french ID... watch the vid, and compare your ID to a pack of cards?!
I've asked to be banned
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1112 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Thanks Iain!

You can more info in the Mentally Speaking forum here on the Café, or on the link in my signature.

I'm not sure what the size is of French ID's, but if it is the size of a poker sized card (or smaller) it will fit into the wallet.

I hope that helps!

Thanks for the interest!

tricktac
View Profile
New user
U.K
73 Posts

Profile of tricktac
Looks awesome,well done, I'll be picking one up for sure!!
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
The Lookout Wallet is superb! I recently got to see it in action over and over and it never failed. It's as good as it looks in the demo and even better... and I'm very picky about these things...
Check out the demo here....http://www.mentalvoyage.com/index_files/TheLookout.htm
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1112 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On 2013-03-17 01:43, ranpink wrote:
The Lookout Wallet is superb! I recently got to see it in action over and over and it never failed. It's as good as it looks in the demo and even better... and I'm very picky about these things...
Check out the demo here....http://www.mentalvoyage.com/index_files/TheLookout.htm

Thanks for posting the link!

Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1112 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
I was excited to come home today to 2 big boxes full of Lookout Wallets. This is the second batch, as the first batch had errors and had to be remade. I was excited that I'd be able to ship in May even due to the remaking of the wallets.

However, this batch, too, has a major error and these will have to be remade as well. The second batch took about three weeks to get to me once the production started, so I hope that this third batch will arrive as quickly, and error free.

I apologize to those of you who were anxiously awaiting the arrival of The Lookout (I have sent an email to all of those who have pre-ordered).

I will keep you posted as to any further progress.

Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1249 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
What will you be doing with the problem ones?

do pre orders get any thing while we wait?
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
I appreciate Paul's holding the manufacturer's feet to the fire to insure a quality product. I don't know why you would ask for a freebie, Olympic. If you are unsatisfied with having to wait for a properly made wallet, I can see asking for a refund, but hinting for something free, especially when Paul is looking out for us customers, is not just passive/aggressive, it's declasse. And you all dressed up so nicely in your tux.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1249 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
It seems everything I preorder is delayed for some reason and I feel that sometimes a form of compensation is valid, yes we can all be friends etc and wait but at the end of the day, we are waiting for products for some reason, be that poor project management or whatever but to have to wait two further batches is a little frustrating

I have no doubt that the wallet will come and be of the highest quality, but I kept up my end of the deal by paying a long time ago,

It's not about wanting a freebie, it's about compensating in some way if it's appropriate, I'm not saying it is, I'm just raising the point

What you can't see in my photo is my legs and as a customer my feet are what I do my talking with (mostly clicking these days)

I gues the main question is, ok, they are delayed but what does that mean for me except a late product as a paying customer?
Richard Doyle
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
125 Posts

Profile of Richard Doyle
You make some good points Adam
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4845 Posts

Profile of RNK
Though points are made- we ALL know the risks of pre-ordering. Pre-order items almost are always delayed for some reason or another. This is always talked about here on the café. Again- it comes back to the consumer- Pre-order at your OWN risk. If you are not willing to wait then do not pre-order. I would agree that if a creator putting out a product makes the GUARANTEE that if you pre-order you will receive the item by XXX date- then Yes, the creator should be held to it and offer something in return if you did not get your item by the date proposed. In saying that- I do not know what Paul states in his policy regarding this item.

Just my two cents....

RNK
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I nearly pre-ordered the Annihilation Wallet over a year ago because a release was imminent. It's still not out and still taking pre-orders. I think it's been on pre-order for a couple of years now! Thankfully I kept my cash.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18823 Posts

Profile of IAIN
None of the problems are of paul's doing...

I would say that if I were him, I'd be getting my money back from the company and going elsewhere...

however, paul has been honest and upfront in all of this and I see absolutely zero reason why anyone needs to be compensated personally...

I mean, he could arrange a timeshare of his working wallet and we ship it between us all until the new ones are ready...

or we could just forget about the lateness and understand that s**t happens and we'll get it when its ready...

no one has died...
I've asked to be banned
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1249 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
I understand what you are saying RNK but the fact that a risk exists doesn't really make it ok to just delay an item's release, yes we must live with that risk but surely if someone wants to sell a product they should be aware of this risk from their end

Sean, I echo your thoughts on the Annihilation Wallet entirely

Services like Paypal only offer a fixed period of time to object about a transaction

Pre-order items should NOT be delayed, it's not an excuse to muck about and not have an appropriate plan in place (and a contingency if something goes wrong), if they are delayed there should be some action taken to both rectify it and make up for the delay

While I don't want to single out this release as being the only one to not be delivered on time, ALL the points are still valid

Yes, you do pre-order at your own risk but you say 'if you are not willing to wait then do not pre-order', well I WAS willing to wait until the date described in the advert (when I handed over cash)

The point of a pre-order isn't 'well I'll hand over my money and whatever happens happens'
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1249 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2013-06-07 12:02, IAIN wrote:
None of the problems are of paul's doing...

I would say that if I were him, I'd be getting my money back from the company and going elsewhere...

however, paul has been honest and upfront in all of this and I see absolutely zero reason why anyone needs to be compensated personally...

I mean, he could arrange a timeshare of his working wallet and we ship it between us all until the new ones are ready...

or we could just forget about the lateness and understand that s**t happens and we'll get it when its ready...

no one has died...

the problem sadly falls with Paul,

He is in charge of meeting deadlines he set, he is in charge of who he contacts to make his wallets, he is in charge of the time management aspect of selling a product, he is in charge of ensuring a product is ready for duplication before selling it with a date, not anyone else

he has kept us informed at each stage, you are right

we could forget about the lateness but why should we, we paid money for a product and it hasn't arrived

of course no one has died but rarely when I buy something does someone die, we aren't talking life and death we are talking about paying for something that doesn't appear to show any progress and general customer service
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1249 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
I doubt too many people would want to give us a product and we 'pay when we are ready'
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14063 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
What's the price range going to be?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Be on the Lookout for the Lookout Wallet! (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL