The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Be on the Lookout for the Lookout Wallet! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
Hi Paul,

I'm gonna visit your site this evening and place my order. This looks to be one of the best and most naturally motivated p**k wallets ever released.

Best of luck with the product.

Chris
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1112 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On 2013-06-17 09:54, bond19 wrote:
Hi Paul,

I'm gonna visit your site this evening and place my order. This looks to be one of the best and most naturally motivated p**k wallets ever released.

Best of luck with the product.

Chris

Thanks Chris!

I'm glad you like what you've seen...I hope to be shipping these soon!
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2075 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On 2013-06-07 22:39, Gerry Hennessey wrote:
Paul is not only one of the most creative mentalists in the business, but also one of the most ethical in all his business practices. When I met him at MINDVENTION some years ago, I formed an opinion regarding his views on creativity and business. I am not one to easily impress in business, but he impressed me and my opinion since has never wavered.

When you order from him you will never get less than the best product he can . I wouldn't have it any other way.

Gerry, you couldn't be more right. Paul is both brilliant and honest to a fault. I understand that it may be frustrating to some when they expected an earlier release, but when the product is from a creator who's a perfectionist, and has ONLY turned out well-conceived, top-quality, original, very reasonably-priced effects, I scratch my head. No one wants this to be perfect more than Paul. The Lookout requires extremely specific, precision work, and Paul, as he should, will settle for nothing less than the best. IMO, Paul's "Pac-Stack" is the most deceptive business card p**k I've ever not seen. He performed it for me (twice) and I thought it was impossible.

Too many creators (as well as major magic vendors) allow inferior, shoddy effects to hit the shelves in order to hit a release date. And, of course, dealers release plenty of crap without a hard deadline, too. Guarantee, no one will be complaining once they get this wallet in their hands. Like Gerry, I wouldn't have it any other way.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2372 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Paul takes great pride and care in what he releases and I know The Lookout will be well worth the wait.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3821 Posts

Profile of JanForster
That's it, Neil. Who knows Paul knows why. I am patient! Smile Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1112 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Gabe, Neil and Jan,

Thanks so much for such kind words...I know this wallet will make its purchasers happy...but only if it's perfect!

(as I've posted in another thread):

I still don't have a completion date, but Magician Alan Wong is overseeing this project and I am confident that he will make sure the job is done correctly. I hope to have further updates soon!

Alan is well known for producing quality products, and I know he'll get this done right.

Thanks again!

Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1112 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
I have an update:

I've seen the latest sample and have approved it, and the 3rd batch (I can't believe its taken so many tries!) is scheduled to be completed on Tuesday!

If all goes as planned, I should have the wallets by Saturday of next week and should be shipping the wallets later in the week (the week of July 28th).

Thanks again to all of those who have pre-ordered!

Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Is this like your wallet cards such as "Test Conditions" where you're expecting to be wrong 50% of the time? To quote the instruction, "Be sure to call attention to how close they were on any of the missed items." Or is this something I can actually count on to not embarrass me 100% of the time? Figured I'd ask here because your ad copies don't mention the percent of failure in your products.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1892 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Gave up waiting for this one...
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2372 Posts

Profile of NeilS
This will definitely be worth the wait. I have yet to be disappointed by anything Paul has released.
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
I agree, Neils. Paul's products are quite good.

As far as the wallet is concerned, Paul has kept us informed about the delays and the reasons for them. I appreciate that he quality controls the wallets.

Robvs, if you want a perfect outcome every time, you probably should stick to magic tricks. There's nothing wrong with that. Life isn't 100%; why would you expect a mindreader never to be off by one or err occasionally?
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-07-21 11:20, gypsyfish wrote:

if you want a perfect outcome every time, you probably should stick to magic tricks. There's nothing wrong with that. Life isn't 100%; why would you expect a mindreader never to be off by one or err occasionally?

I'd venture to say that there are lots of mentalism effects out there which are 100% each time.
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
366 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
You miss my point. By occasionally missing a prediction/outcome, or by being a little off, you appear to me a 'real' mindreader. For example, if you are divining a person's place of birth and the spec is from Rhode Island, but you say something like 'I see island, you are from an island, not Hawaii, not Martha's Vineyard, I'm not positive, but it's on the east coast (of the USA), I see island, island, Where are you from?' and the person announces Rhode Island, I think the audience would be impressed. Obviously you don't want to end with a near miss, but somewhere in the middle of your act, it can be a convincer that you have legitimate mindreading abilities.

I agree that there are many 100% mentalism effects and I own my share of them.

I predict that my explanation will not satisfy you.

Shad Schroeder
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2075 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 22:12, Robvs wrote:
Is this like your wallet cards such as "Test Conditions" where you're expecting to be wrong 50% of the time? To quote the instruction, "Be sure to call attention to how close they were on any of the missed items." Or is this something I can actually count on to not embarrass me 100% of the time? Figured I'd ask here because your ad copies don't mention the percent of failure in your products.

You can be as wrong as you wish to be. The Lookout Wallet, however, will enable you to be right 100% of the time, should you so desire.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1892 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On 2013-07-21 13:49, gypsyfish wrote:
You miss my point. By occasionally missing a prediction/outcome, or by being a little off, you appear to me a 'real' mindreader. For example, if you are divining a person's place of birth and the spec is from Rhode Island, but you say something like 'I see island, you are from an island, not Hawaii, not Martha's Vineyard, I'm not positive, but it's on the east coast (of the USA), I see island, island, Where are you from?' and the person announces Rhode Island, I think the audience would be impressed. Obviously you don't want to end with a near miss, but somewhere in the middle of your act, it can be a convincer that you have legitimate mindreading abilities.

I agree that there are many 100% mentalism effects and I own my share of them.

I predict that my explanation will not satisfy you.

Shad Schroeder

Totally agree!!
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Claiming to be a real mind reader? Belong on TV with Silvia Brown.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1112 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 22:12, Robvs wrote:

It seems that you did not read the entire instructions, as the 'Test' you are referring to is a test to determine the participant's ability to "receive thoughts". So if there are "misses", it is not the performer who missed, but merely an indication the the participant isn't yet proficient at "receiving" thoughts...which would, of course, be a great segue into:

"...but let's see how good you are SENDING thoughts..."

I assume that asking if the wallet works 100% of the time is a rhetorical question.

Shad,

Great input...thanks for chiming in!

Gabe,

Thank you too...of course, the wallet will let you tell the participant what they are thinking 100% of the time.

Best,

PC

Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
OH! They have to believe to receive!? I get it. Let's make all of our spectators feel incompetent.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1112 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
No...you don't get it.

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Quote:
On 2013-07-21 23:15, Robvs wrote:
OH! They have to believe to receive!? I get it. Let's make all of our spectators feel incompetent.

Wow, you really don't get it.

If you want mentalism to be 100% all the time then buy those types of effects. They are under mental magic found in the magic section. Good luck.

Ray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Be on the Lookout for the Lookout Wallet! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL