The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Instant Download Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

renzo75
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of renzo75
Hey guys,
I have a soon to be 4 y/o girl who's having a party at my place, and keen on putting on a little imprompty magic show with my little 6 y/o boy.. (it's a month away)
I've got Dan Harlan's kids birthday show, and have good ideas from there, but after anything else which may keep a 4 year old's attention span (I know it's me and my boy's personality.. but you know what I mean)...
After something more age appropriate and pref an instant download so we can have a start straight away (I've checked Penguin Magic already)..
I'm doing some youtube-ing of some balloon twisting and I'd like to add a bit more...
I've got colouring book (from Magicnook) and want to get a few more little skits..
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
Regards,
Renzo.

Thanks.
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Oh, and since you're going to be doing balloon stuff, I really like this routine that was published on the Magic Bistro:

http://www.magicbistro.com/index.php?opt......emid=155

I would imagine you can combine this with the stuff from Dan Harlan's DVD and get a really fun, long, balloon routine. For a short show, that could almost be the whole thing Smile

Good luck!
renzo75
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of renzo75
Hey TDK,

Wow - Thanks heaps...
I've gotten a video called Balloon Structures and I'm surprised how easy it is to do these things...
Combined with the above, niiiice...
I really like Dan's stuff so will have a look at his Kid's birthday show...
May do a few test run's with the family first Smile (all 4 of us hehe)... and I got the month wrong - it's June so plenty of time to practice...
I got the Coloring book from Magicnook so with all these, I'm armed - just need to train now Smile

Thanks heaps once again! So much fun!
Regards,
Renzo.
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
If you don't have Dan Harlan's DVD yet, I'd actually suggest you hold off. The balloon routine was fun (but actually had no magic at all, it was just a funny balloon routine), but I didn't really like the rest. I think the DVD you'll get the absolute most from is Silly Billy's DVD, Seriously Silly. I actually just watched it the other day... it really explains the theory behind making a magic routine for kids. There's also a really good coloring book routine in it which would be helpful for you Smile
renzo75
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of renzo75
Yeh,
I've had a look for it online as an instant download from Penguin Maybe, but may have to buy it overseas - everything is so expensive here in Aus... I've heard excellent reviews about it too...
Thanks.
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
I like Penguin a lot, but I don't think they're likely to push a lot of kid show stuff. They like to market stuff that a certain "sexy" quality. Kids' show stuff is sorta the opposite of that. I actually just saw Ken Scott's lecture last week at a convention. He opened by asking how many people do kids' magic. A few hands went up. So then he asked how many people do kids magic but don't like to admit it. It was funny when he said it. But the point was that to a lot of sleight of hand guys (the people that Penguin mainly markets to) kids' show magic is somehow beneath them. Ken made a joke out this, but it's true. I wish I knew about some streaming stuff, because I'd let you know about it. But I can't think if anything other than that awesome free series on YouTube by Christopher T. Magician.
NocturnalMagic
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of NocturnalMagic
I would suggest buy a cheap change bag and mismade flag, super simple, packs a wicked punch. Not much stronger of an effect for all ages, with zero slight of hand.
renzo75
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of renzo75
Nice idea... thanks... I love these ideas as I'd like to be the balloon guy, then walk around, get a little group, do a trick, let the wife do her stuff while I rest and then repeat...
Checking all these out now as I type Smile
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
I would recommend Mark Wilsons course in Magic in DVD or book form. Victory Cartons would be a good illusion to perform with your son. You could also create a large square circle effect to produce him. These are discussed, as well as a ton of great effects.
renzo75
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of renzo75
You guys are going to send me broke, abeit being extremely helpful Smile
Thanks all...
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
renzo75
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of renzo75
Holy Cr@p... Guess I'm spending tonight going through a lot of reviews... wow...
Mind officially blown...
Not that I'm old (38), anyone here remember the good old days where you could go into a shop and there would be 2 choices for bread... white and dark...
Same thing with magic... 1 or 2.. now there's 200 choices... guess it's good in some respects...
Thanks...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Instant Download Show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL