The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotised but Unresponsive to Suggestions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
There y'go
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Remagicon
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere over the Rainbow
124 Posts

Profile of Remagicon
Try taking a more graduated approach in a waking hypnosis manner. Trying to do a hand stick while the subject is awake can be a great convincer when you do it right. Plus you involve the subject instead of just giving orders.
"Ars Est Celare Artem"
It is art to hide art
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Furthermore, I would strongly advise you exercise extreme caution when you work with people like this.

What happens if they are so unresponsive they don't respond to your suggestion that it's all over once you're finished with them?

Quote:
On 2013-05-03 16:37, bobser wrote:
There is NOTHING wrong with what you are doing.
There is a whole world out there of people who go into hypnosis but then become what we call: sleepers.
It simply happens. They do exist. It IS a fact.
The problem is that there are some hypnotists who are NOT as experienced as they themselves believe they are, and instead of asking questions to develop and grow they would rather, well lets call it what it is..... talk utter ****e.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Or they refuse to pay?
quicknotist
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of quicknotist
Exactly!!

Quote:
On 2013-05-06 18:06, bobser wrote:
Or they refuse to pay?
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
LOL!!!
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Uncle Bob read the original post he said they respond to "wake up" suggestions so they are not sleepers who don't and can be difficult to wake up. People are unresponsive for all kinds of reasons. If you are doing shows and getting a high percentage then their is something wrong with what you are doing. Some of the most initially unresponsive subjects can turn out to be among your best ever subjects when handled correctly. Other times they don't.

But like Danny I thought we were talking about professional stage hypnosis. it looks like by most of the replies we aren't.
White Rodent
View Profile
New user
Australia
84 Posts

Profile of White Rodent
It is very difficult to advise without seeing the show in person. Do you even have a video of it so that we can get an idea? All we can do is speculate and there is a high chance that the speculation is wrong. It would be wonderful if you could find an experienced stage hypnotist to go to your show and advise you afterwards. Of course that may not be possible.

It doesn't sound as if you are doing these demonstrations in public. That might make an enormous difference. Let me tell you how I learned stage hypnosis. I tried and tried and tried to do one to one stuff but it plain didn't work. However, the success rate improved significantly once I got on a stage. I was astonished at the reaction of the subjects and in fact I was far more amazed than the audience.

It really is nigh on impossible to advise you without seeing you in action. Get someone with a camera to video you and be brave enough to post it here. It might be a brutal experience but I have no idea how else we can help you. I bet once we see what you are up to we will figure it out instantly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotised but Unresponsive to Suggestions (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL