The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bicycle's Club 808 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
289 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
Has anybody joined this new club that Bicycle has started? I tried a search but didn't come up with anything.

It's $18.95 a year for "exclusive access to fascinating interviews, unique content, member-only contests, and of course, one-of-a-kind Bicycle® brand decks and merchandise that can only be purchased through Club 808." It also comes with a custom deck for "members only." I'm just wondering if they've offered members anything tangible since they began on January 1. After reading about the Real Secrets fiasco, I'm reluctant to shell out even $20 if I don't know a little more about what I can expect.

Thanks!
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
Members received a package of items to bring back card playing night at home or with frieds.

They gave you a brick (12-decks) of Bicycle 808 Rider Back Decks. You also received 8 coasters, 8 plastic cups, score pads, window clings, pen, chip clips, and a poster. This was all "Free." (You had to be a club member.)
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
Not bad for $18.95.

Plus you get the "Exclusive Deck", which is kind of nice for card collectors.

:bat:
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Thanks folks. It sounds like they're off to a good start!
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

I joined. It sounds like I missed out on that Play Cards Day bonus with the poster, coasters, etc. (and a brick of 808 Riders that pretty much paid for the membership!), but I like what I see so far. The Griffin deck they're offering members is beautiful, and the uncut sheets for $9.95 are really a surprise. Looking forward to seeing what comes of this, and hoping Bicycle makes up another holiday if it gives them an excuse to send out a whole bunch of cool stuff.
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Bicycle announced some new products and policies for the 808 Club today and I have to say I have mixed feelings about them. On the plus side, they've officially introduced a new member-exclusive Cigar deck alongside the Griffin deck they released earlier this year. But they've increased the purchase limit of each deck from six to 24, which suggests to me that these decks (limited to 5,000 each) aren't exactly flying out the doors. The new limit of 24 makes the appearance of these decks in the general marketplace more likely, thus reducing one of the incentives the join the club.

That said, the uncut sheets for $9.95 (limit four) are still an incredible bargain, and I'm sure this month's recipe for the Queen of Hearts mint julep will refresh and satisfy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bicycle's Club 808 (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL