The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Psypher by Robert Smith - Product Review... anyone know? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-03-18 20:46, Ulises Galeano wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-18 18:28, saysold1 wrote:
If you do get it, you must remove the protective plastic film on the gimmick. Most people don't do it as it isn't mentioned anywhere about the plastic film - hence many find the imp suck. Read the thread here on the Café and many of us contributed to lots of helpful hints.

I literally use it at least 6 times a week, when I go to the bank, the grocery store, the bathroom, and it has always worked for me, I didn't know I was supposed to remove it lol!

Yes the protective plastic film is like a "raincoat" - much better without!

Your results and mileage may vary lol.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
yankay37
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
176 Posts

Profile of yankay37
Quote:
On 2013-03-18 22:32, mentalist.kin wrote:
Psypher is a great tool for imp***n and the price is good.
I prefer Mind Buster more (When I do a stage performance)
Psypher is good for Close up / Street etc.

Wow... Mindbuster isn't cheap. I think I will still with the simpler one for now. Smile
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
I prefer the butterfly by riggs as the imp I get is more visible to me in a less then average lighting situation.
yankay37
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
176 Posts

Profile of yankay37
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 15:21, Michael_MacDonald wrote:
I prefer the butterfly by riggs as the imp I get is more visible to me in a less then average lighting situation.

Thanks - sounds interesting.. however, I havn't been able to find a good place to buy it.
All I found was this.

Do you know any other stores? (something that looks a bit more legitimate?
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 15:26, yankay37 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 15:21, Michael_MacDonald wrote:

Thanks - sounds interesting.. however, I havn't been able to find a good place to buy it.
All I found was this.

Do you know any other stores? (something that looks a bit more legitimate?

A bit more legitimate? Not sure what you mean as the site you link to IS John Rigg's site. Jon Saint Germain is his stage name.

Good thoughts,

Bob
yankay37
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
176 Posts

Profile of yankay37
Ooops... I'm sorry Smile

I didn't realize. I just saw a very very outdated website, and I'm reluctant to give my credit card information to a website like that.
I should have looked into it better. My apologies!!
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
I never use the Café search function,

site:themagiccafe.com what I want

is the best thing to use
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
brucewilcox
View Profile
Loyal user
Readers advised to disregard most of my
266 Posts

Profile of brucewilcox
I recently received my first Butterfly pads from John Riggs (actually a Butterfly, a Papillion and Superfly). These are my first "real" impression pads. I've not used Psypher or the ParaPad.

I'm absolutely loving the Riggs pads! Excellent impressions, and a wide variety of writing implements can be used - pen, pencil, even ungimmicked Sharpies.

If you buy pads from John:

- Take his warnings seriously about the wait times. John's a busy working professional and makes these items as he has time available.

- These are literally home-made. I think they're excellent, but be ready for little things that only you'll see that make that evident (e.g., raggedly-torn tape, etc.).

- Get John's DVD on the use and maintenance of his pads. Worth it 4 times over, I think.

Did I mention that I kind of like these pads? Smile
...in the Land of the Free, and the Home of the B'Wave.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Another admittedly unsolicited vote for the ParaP*d. There is no better device for all lighting situations and all pen "pressures."

Riggs imps are very good. I use mine primarily for drawing dupes.

I have found Psypher to be of very limited use...so I don't use it.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 20:52, David Thiel wrote:
Another admittedly unsolicited vote for the ParaP*d. There is no better device for all lighting situations and all pen "pressures."

David

David, David, David...Oy (finger wagging a little) - I recall in your EARLY (2011) DAYS (prior to fame and fortunes) that you said Psypher was pretty groovy. You did!!! I re-read the thread.

Then you went and got all spoiled with Parapad - the ultimate imp pad.

German engineered perfection. It really is.

I have both and I agree 1000% that Parapad is the ultimate driving machine - so really there is no comparison.

But for me Psypher does what I need it to do when I need it... and so for a starter mentalist or someone who doesn't want to shell out the extra $$$, Psypher is a pretty cool little tool.

Now I feel better Smile Ahhhh.....
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
yankay37
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
176 Posts

Profile of yankay37
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 18:48, Olympic Adam wrote:
I never use the Café search function,

site:themagiccafe.com what I want

is the best thing to use

Will do. Thanks!!
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 23:13, saysold1 wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 20:52, David Thiel wrote:

David

David, David, David...Oy (finger wagging a little) - I recall in your EARLY (2011) DAYS (prior to fame and fortunes) that you said Psypher was pretty groovy. You did!!! I re-read the thread.

Then you went and got all spoiled with Parapad - the ultimate imp pad.

German engineered perfection. It really is.

I have both and I agree 1000% that Parapad is the ultimate driving machine - so really there is no comparison.

But for me Psypher does what I need it to do when I need it... and so for a starter mentalist or someone who doesn't want to shell out the extra $$$, Psypher is a pretty cool little tool.

Now I feel better Smile Ahhhh.....

Hey Brett, did you ever thought about to go into politics? Smile

You should! Smile

Cheers my friend
Th.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Brett, Brett, Brett...

If you're driving a Yugo and someone puts the keys to a Porsche into your hands, do you close your eyes and hop back into the Yugo?

David

PS: The last time someone waggled a finger in my face I bit it off. OOPS...that case is still before the court. I should have said "The last time someone waggled a finger in my face I ALLEGEDLY bit it off." Smile
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
OUCH!

Love you David Smile

I wonder if anyone knows what a Yugo is these days? That was one hot car.
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Not trying to me 'smart' but the cheaper types of pads are more or less disposable. So to use the car analogy, do you want one really nice Porsche or a garage full of Yugos and Ladas that you can just abandon at will?
I've not seen the Paralabs pad so I'm only following others' judgements that it truly is the equivalent of a Porsche Smile I do, however, have a box full of (Tommy Pad and Scanner) Yugo/Lada parts.
T.
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
913 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Well, Ted, just in case someone is asking - please give me advice Smile :

Should I recommend either a 'Porsche-like' set of UK-made ESP-Cards for a comparatively higher price ...
... or should I rather recommend the questioner any of the cheaper 'Yugo-alternatives' - I mean, with a little research you may get at least two or even more sets of the cheaper ones for the price of a 'Porsche-set'.

When I'm asked the next time, Ted, which ones should I recommend?
Just asking, ... Smile

My Granny used to say (forgive me the clumsy translation) "Buying cheaply - buying doubly!" - and while this obviously may be an illegitimate broad statement, I found a truth in her words more often than not ... as my Granny was a wise woman.

Cheers
Th.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Granny's usually are.

I once asked mine "Granny, when you was little girl, what did pterodactyls look like?"

She kept wisely silent as I recall.

Steve
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I have to agree that the Para Pad is the Porsche. I too have Tommy pads and other imp devices but the biggest problem with pressure based imp pads is the higher chance of failure. I have had 3 occasions where the tommy pad has failed due to lack of pressure, the para pad will get a perfect impression no matter how lightly they write.

Tommy is cheap and disposable so it is my daily use pad but when I absolutely need to get the imp it has to be the Para Pad.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1528 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On 2013-03-22 10:39, ParaLabs - Thomas wrote:
Well, Ted, just in case someone is asking - please give me advice Smile :

Should I recommend either a 'Porsche-like' set of UK-made ESP-Cards for a comparatively higher price ...
... or should I rather recommend the questioner any of the cheaper 'Yugo-alternatives' - I mean, with a little research you may get at least two or even more sets of the cheaper ones for the price of a 'Porsche-set'.

When I'm asked the next time, Ted, which ones should I recommend?
Just asking, ... Smile

My Granny used to say (forgive me the clumsy translation) "Buying cheaply - buying doubly!" - and while this obviously may be an illegitimate broad statement, I found a truth in her words more often than not ... as my Granny was a wise woman.

Cheers
Th.

Ha! Smile

I think Mark's point above is very valid - that of reliability. And working conditions. For example, p**-sh** work may not need a first class device because, if you get a problem, you could possibly have another go (with someone else). But live work would be a different kettle of fish.

As for my recommendation, Thomas? Follow your Granny's advice, of course! Smile
T.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Psypher by Robert Smith - Product Review... anyone know? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL