The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Psypher by Robert Smith - Product Review... anyone know? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
chado158
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis, IN
80 Posts

Profile of chado158
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Here is a phto of the imp I received from a performance with Psypher ths evening (card box - name and card routine).

This is typical for me and highly legible as you can plainly see - no issues.

One little trick/hint is that I inserted 2-3 blank glued business cards to the inside (back) of the playing card box. This helps to keep the playing cards more tightly pushed forward, so the gimmick receives a better (more clear) imp.

I still use my Psupher often and it has never failed me...

It packs a very powerful punch.

I really enjoy saysoldl's enthusiasm over the psypher pad. It encouraged me to buy one a few months ago and I'm extremely impressed with the results. I think it's failed me like 3x BUT it was my own fault Smile
Just curious if you (saysoldl) ever perform 4DT using the psypher pad?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10316 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2014, chado158 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 19, 2014, saysold1 wrote:
Here is a phto of the imp I received from a performance with Psypher ths evening (card box - name and card routine).

This is typical for me and highly legible as you can plainly see - no issues.

One little trick/hint is that I inserted 2-3 blank glued business cards to the inside (back) of the playing card box. This helps to keep the playing cards more tightly pushed forward, so the gimmick receives a better (more clear) imp.

I still use my Psupher often and it has never failed me...

It packs a very powerful punch.

I really enjoy saysoldl's enthusiasm over the psypher pad. It encouraged me to buy one a few months ago and I'm extremely impressed with the results. I think it's failed me like 3x BUT it was my own fault Smile
Just curious if you (saysoldl) ever perform 4DT using the psypher pad?

Thank you!

Uh no I've never done Bob's 4DT with the Psypher - actually never thought of doing it that way. Good?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
No. Bad idea, for the reasons I discussed at length in my "A Journey Through the 4th Dimension." Using an impression device for the routine is an old idea, but it has inherent problems- the foremost of which is that the entire routine is shot if the impression doesn't come out. It is far better to look at original copy and to use traditional billets rather than having anyone write anything on a pad of any sort. (And, believe me, I have experimented with virtually every method that has been used for the effect.)

And if you did it with an impression device it would no longer be my version of the effect. It would be closer to Al Koran's (which used an NCR pad).
chado158
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis, IN
80 Posts

Profile of chado158
The way I perform it is actually similar to the Ultimate 4DT in the same book using it in the envelopes. No one ahead needed! How often have you performed it this way compared to your normal way with the sh**** env?
Sebastian Proude
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
6 Posts

Profile of Sebastian Proude
It isn't bad and does get the job done. If you get it, you should probably switch out the marker for a sharpie pen (as Smith suggests and explains). But, yeah. There are better imp pads out there and I do continue to hear great things about the ParaPad (though I have not actually used it). All that failing? Make your own (i.e. something like the Scanner pad from Prager's "Goat's Grimoire")
"Grunt, foam at the mouth, and otherwise get psychic"
-Annemann
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2014, chado158 wrote:
The way I perform it is actually similar to the Ultimate 4DT in the same book using it in the envelopes. No one ahead needed! How often have you performed it this way compared to your normal way with the sh**** env?

I never perform it that way anymore. I prefer to look at the original writing/drawing whenever possible.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Methods. Searchable forum. Trivialising the art. Downstairs?
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
MagicBarMan
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of MagicBarMan
Anyone have a review of the re-release of psypher? Is it as good as the original?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11438 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2013, parmenion wrote:
This one is far better it fails only 73,2% of the time.

lol. I miss you!
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Aaron Vlack
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Aaron Vlack
Not reliable. Nothing beats John Riggs pads
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Psypher by Robert Smith - Product Review... anyone know? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL