The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » 2 minute routine. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
130 Posts

Profile of coachc
........my daughter is in a Miss Teen contest. Shes always done magic in variety shows. I need some input on what you think would be a great 2 minute routine.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Not knowing what your Daughter can perform,and only 2 minutes...

This may be a idea for,her!
Simple,but visual!

"*rowing *hrinking *ead *llusion"

That would give her,presentation time of a minute for each one!

Best Wishes!

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Quote:
On 2013-03-19 02:35, Godzilla wrote:
"*rowing *hrinking *ead *llusion"

Is this a joke? No need to "disguise" the name of an illusion, unless you think another contestant is going to steal the idea. I would not recommend this illusion at all for such an event. It would not be perceived as requiring any skill or talent. Whatever is selected has to bring out the performance and talent of the contestant. Having a new bent to the piece should also be a strong consideration. I do not know enough about your daughter to offer any suggestions.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Presentation is Skill! Audience Management...
Also,said about not knowing what his daughter could perform.
And,it was spelled so not to bring any searchers to the Café,nothing to do with a contest!
But,thank you so much for being so smart! Smile
Maybe,you were worried about someone stealing your act,and you did not want a young girl doing it!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
130 Posts

Profile of coachc
Thanks for the idea. She is very well versed in magic. I was wondering what tricks some of you would see as having a wow factor in the allotted time. Ive routine longer routines for her and was looking for that jump out and make an impression. Im staying away from doves and animals because of controversy. Originally we were going to do a brief olec, so that's out. What do you think of a silk routine with a fountain at the end. colorful.
coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
130 Posts

Profile of coachc
Shes very good with the dancing cane......might go with that.
paulapaul
View Profile
Regular user
Nevada
173 Posts

Profile of paulapaul
I'd sure like to know how this turned out. What did she do? Two minutes is a lot harder to put together than 10.
RobFromNZ
View Profile
New user
New Zealand
99 Posts

Profile of RobFromNZ
Or something with silks could be nice and showy as well as elegant?
paulapaul
View Profile
Regular user
Nevada
173 Posts

Profile of paulapaul
I know this thread is pretty old. But, doing a 2 minute routine is a great subject any day ...

A splashy, flashy ending to a silk routine can be tumbling pearls. 100 feet of "pearls" can arch and cascade for 5-7 seconds, and this builds quite a crescendo for an ending. PM me for more on this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » 2 minute routine. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL