The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » CP One from a group (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mindpirate
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
186 Posts

Profile of mindpirate
Does anyone have any tips on CPing one coin from a group with silver dollars? I have read Mr. Roth's technique from Coin Magic, and continue to study it. As I push it into CP it's in the wrong spot in my hand. Right now the other coins seem to keep from putting it in the right spot.
~MindPirate~
www.magicianschoice.net
www.magicofben.com

It can not be...and yet...it can
- Tommy Wonder
OliveroG
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of OliveroG
I never classic palm coins from groups when using dollar sized coins, I find it awkward and unnecesary. I think it's better to retain the coin in any other palm (i prefer finger palm), and THEN I can classic palm it without any heat on the dirty hand.

On an personal note, I'm a fan of the Fingerpalm and the ramsay subtlety, I think the classic palm is a little too "classic" (And with that I mean overused).
I hope you understand, my dear friend, that everything you are seeing is a lie, but everything you are feeling holds true.
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4857 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Why don't you just show them all In palm and them drop the rest to Fingertip Rest! Smile
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5184 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
What are you trying to accomplish? I had a lot of trouble cp'ing 4 halves at a time from the rim of a coin box. Took a lot of practice and to tell the truth, I gave it up to work on other moves that I found more useful
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
mindpirate
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
186 Posts

Profile of mindpirate
I am trying out Chris Kenner's O.O.S.P.C.A from Totally Out of Control. In his description he CP's one from a group rather than displaying in palm and then letting the others fall onto fingertip rest. As I have been practicing this effect I think I would like to be able to mix the techniques to get a more natural handling for me. Plus I think being able to do it from a group gives me an out should a coin slip out of palm for some reason. I'm open to alternatives, but at the same time I think it would be a good technique to have.
~MindPirate~
www.magicianschoice.net
www.magicofben.com

- Tommy Wonder
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
Quote:
On 2013-03-21 02:21, mindpirate wrote:
I am trying out Chris Kenner's O.O.S.P.C.A from Totally Out of Control. In his description he CP's one from a group rather than displaying in palm and then letting the others fall onto fingertip rest. As I have been practicing this effect I think I would like to be able to mix the techniques to get a more natural handling for me. Plus I think being able to do it from a group gives me an out should a coin slip out of palm for some reason. I'm open to alternatives, but at the same time I think it would be a good technique to have.

Do you have very big hands? Kenner did that with halves
mindpirate
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
186 Posts

Profile of mindpirate
Yes, my hands are pretty big.
~MindPirate~
www.magicianschoice.net
www.magicofben.com

- Tommy Wonder
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10784 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Contact Mano Tejeda he is a master of this technique and a member here on the Café
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » CP One from a group (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL