The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fire Eating and liver problems (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

Profile of Kameron Messmer
Hey all. I have a question. But first a bit of background. Ive been eating fire for about 13 years, give or take. I do it about every show and have maybe averaged 50 shows a year. I just went to the Dr. and they took a blood test. The liver enzymes were high. I figured it was from alcohol. I am not an alcoholic, but have drank more in the last year than I had ever before. I stopped drinking that month and took another test. They said it was still high and want to do an ultrasound.

Question: Has any one else been in a similar situation? What happened?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
How long between the tests? From what I recall the liver is pretty good at repairing itself. But it takes time - depending on how much damage has been done.

But I'm no Dr (well I am Dr Matkin ..... But that's just by using lower case for my second name). Did you ask them if it the results were going in the right direction? Everyone is different so recovery time can vary a lot from person to person. ...... Did you tell them that you eat fire? DON'T answer this next question on the open forum but what fuel are you using ......I guess that could be an issue? ........ Is the fuel slowing your recovery? I assume you gave them a full history?

So no never happened to me, lots to think about for you though! Hope all goes well Kameron ! All the best and my thoughts are with you.
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

Thanks, Dave. I have heard the liver is awesome at repair and others say it's not. I did not tell them I eat fire cause I actually went in for something totally different. I didn't even think liver stuff would be a problem. I will now. It was only a month between tests. I have an ultrasound on monday and talk to my dr. wednesday.
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Profile of Eric the Excellent
I just had a physical earlier this month, and my liver enzymes were in the normal range, but I have not been performing as long or as regularly as you.

Make sure to tell them that you eat and spit fire, and what fuel you use. In addition, it might be good for you to look up the MSDS on the fuel to see what it's effects may be.

And ultrasound might be a good idea to see if any liver damage is present, or if it might just be something else elevating your levels temporarily.

If you have any further questions/concerns, please PM me either here or on Facebook. I do not claim to be an expert by any means, but I did just obtain my R.N. so I might be a little help.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
There is no such thing as healthy fuel, though some burn cleaner than others. Dribbles can do significant damage to lungs, if swallowed wrong, producing chemical burns. And yes, the liver processes the residuals eventually.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

Thanks, guys. I'll let you know when I know.
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
278 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
What particular kind of fuel do you use?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Dorian, welcome to our small area of the world!

It's common for people to come to this discussion area, asking questions about things that are dangerous. We don't generally discuss specific techniques in open forum, or with people we don't know.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
278 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Fair enough. Fire eating and breathing is already a part of my act, but I was asking because some people have a preference to the fuel they use. Whichever fuel they use might be worse than some on the liver.
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

I went to the Dr. today, and it could be a couple things. I told him about the fuel and he didn't know, as that's not super common. It could be a weight issue, it could be hepatitis. We are doing a blood test. Sorry nothing conclusive for fire eating!
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Profile of Eric the Excellent
Thanks for keeping us in the loop!
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

Looks like it is a weight issue. I still think the fuel might have helped it along, but I'm not stopping...
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Over or under?
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

Over or under weight? Over. I am at 227 and 5' 8" ish. According to the chart I should be closer to 150, so 70 lbs to lose. Most people that know me don't think I should be THAT thin...
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Speak English ya bugger! What's that in pounds and stone?

I'm going to ave to do conversations now ....... Google here I come!
Kameron Messmer
View Profile
Special user
Billings, MT
742 Posts

Lol, I thought of that later... sorry
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Oh don't worry we are "metric" over here but we are not ...... Even young whippersnappers like me (37years, 11 months and 11 days ..... 19 days to my b-day) who were born post modernisation to this new fangled metric system still think in stone, feet and inches and miles! Funny ain't it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Fire Eating and liver problems (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL