The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Dr's Billet Tear (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2853 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Other than the ads needing to go up The Dr's Billet Tear is ready! This is a 34 page ebook with four embedded videos.

Here is what one familiar fellow has to say about TDBT:

“I use my own Perfected Center Tear all the time. But I have to tell you this; I use a piece of paper from my pad. When I saw how clean Bill’s version looked with a business card, I had to learn it, too. It is smart to have a variety of methods at your disposal. Dr. Bill’s Billet Tear is top notch and as good as it gets. If it means anything from a guy who has been ripping paper up for most of his life, take my advice and get this!” - Richard Osterlind

And from the other end of the performance spectrum:

"The Dr's Billet Tear gets my highest recommendation and final endorsement as the best, most practical and undetectable center tear in history. Yet another amazing addition to the new generation of ultra-smooth billet work, this one is simply too good to miss! I've been using TDBT exclusively in my own private shows and public performances and several months in I'm still unable to find even a single fault in its psychology, timing, construction, execution and nearly infinite applications to everything I do." - Jerome Finley

There are more but I'm blushing all over my keyboard!

The sequence itself is taught in 10 pages, including 18 "ParaLab style" illustrations by Thomas Heine making everything classy and crystal clear. This may not only be the best, but the easiest tear you will ever learn and perform. In its simplicity lie its strengths. OK, on that note, one more apropos comment:

"Here’s a word I think describes the pinnacle of billet work of all kinds, MUNDANE. Do not be afraid or disappointed. By mundane, I mean that it is an everyday looking occurrence. Harmless, normal, unremarkable...so simple and honest looking it IS only WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE. And that's what you see with the good Dr.'s tear. Seeing someone use it looks mundane. Like they are doing exactly and precisely nothing but ripping up a small folded piece of paper or card. The technique involved is as simple as it needs to be, honest looking and gives you plenty to look at! I have thoroughly enjoyed learning and using this - it’s taken the place of the other CTs that I had learned before..." - Iain Dunford

TDBT is robust. You can perform it with paper, index cards or business cards. While in essence "instant access" there is a small variation allowing for a delay that you will find very useful in certain performing situations.

The videos show you the tear and its options in EXTREME close-up, three from the perspective of the audience and one from that of the performer. They may be overkill given how well the instructions and illustrations teach TDBT but I want you to have every nuance and some things are easier to show than put into words.

I've also included a section on my ideas about what to peek. Among other things, you will learn how to limit the range of choices while appearing to increase them! There is also a section on practice tips that includes concepts many of us know but don't use to our full advantage.

My effect 7 Deadly Sins is taught in its entirety, newly choreographed for use with TDBT. When first printed in Mind Index, I had to say "use your favorite tear." No more.

Besides being my favorite thing to do with a CT, 7DS is a lesson in the art. You will no longer have to worry about why you are having something written down, why it is being torn up soon after or making sure the writing is large, legible and just where you want it. All this is accomplished without having to be directive and can be applied in many different kinds of routines.

Finally, as a bonus, I've included my essay, "Justifying Your Gaze," originally printed in my ebook Suggestabilities. The title pretty much says it all.

The Dr’s Billet Tear is $35. Get your copy stat! Until the ads are up, please remit via PayPal to wcushman@bellsouth.net
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3221 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
It looks great!!
:)
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Bill,

Just sent payment. I am sure it is a terrific tear. I look forward in learning and using it.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2853 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks Luca! I look forward to hearing back from you once you've have had a chance to read/watch and test drive TDBT, Michael.

Mauricio Jaramillo, as with Trybil and Dr. Bill's Bend, took my chaotic efforts and wove them into a cohesive and elegant whole, particularly given the task of embedding video. It is nice to have so many talented friends!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6475 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I could go on and on.... just get it. You won't be sorry.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-03-22 22:21, Greg Arce wrote:

Greg

The Prodigal Son returns to The Café!

Mr. Arce, your valued opinion is gold!
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6475 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Man, I wish I could turn in that valued opinion for some real gold. Smile

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Smile
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3971 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2013-03-22 22:21, Greg Arce wrote:

Greg

Yes get it, it is really really good - and the production is crystal clear and beautifully produced. Thumps up! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
I'm just starting to work with this but, from what I see now it will be one of the major center tears I use. The pdf and imbedded dvds are very good.

I would suggest ordering it.

Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
873 Posts

Profile of nique
Hi Bill,

Just sent payment!
Looking forward to learning this.

~ Nique
"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I read the pdf. It is clear and very thorough. The drawings are excellent. The attached videos are also excellent learning tools and you see exactly how the tear should looklike. I wish more pdfs have this type of video incorporated within the text. The tear itself is extremely easy, natural in appearance, and deceptive. I also like the fact that you can show both sides of the billet/business card while tearing it. While you can do this with a business card, youcan do it with any type of paper. Learning the tear is simple, but of course you should practice to make it look as natural as possible. Highly recommended.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4334 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Always looking for a great tear, thanks for the info on this.
BenCummings
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of BenCummings
I've been lucky to become friends with most of the world's full-time performing mentalists, through my Conversations With Mind Readers interviews. To a man, all the pro's favor simplicity and practicality of method over almost anything else. When they are in the heat of performing, the last thing you want to be using is technique that, unconsciously, you know *** well looks suspect or is prone to mistake.

That is why I love Dr. Bill Cushman's Center Tear. It meets all the criteria of the working pro mentalist: It is easy. Practical. Looks natural, since the peek is done in the tearing "action." And, it's something you will have confidence doing, therefore you reduce the chance of wreaking with "magician's guilt" when performing it. I've been using Bill's center tear since the first day he shared it with me. I am pretty sure that YOU will be using it immediately too, once you are exposed to it's method. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

For what it's worth -
Ben Cummings
Conversations With Mind Readers - Crawl inside the minds of 32 of the greatest<br> mentalists on the planet. After a decades absence, it's available again on a limited basis:

http://conversationswithmindreaders.com
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10630 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I'm curious if the "tear-ers" like to burn their torn pieces... or what is the preferred way of disposing of them?

I know that our pal *Jan* eats the pieces, but that is just the perfectionist in him Smile

Or maybe they taste delicious?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12336 Posts

Profile of John C
I thought r2 d2 was pretty darn good. How much better does it get?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Just sent the money .......im very excited about this
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
I always love a good tear. Not that I feel like its necessary but I am wondering if their is good justification for the tear. I guess I will know soon.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
This is good. Nice large peek area, easy, unobtrusive tear.

Burning? Sometimes. Harry Lynn of Glasgow burned things in his "pyromatic" (a large brass goblet), and I have a small cauldron I use in the same way.

R2-D2 certainly influenced this tear. I can't say it's better per se, though it is...simpler, shall we say, slightly more direct.

Justification? There's a very nice ritual using the tear that justifies the destruction of the paper, but don't over think the matter. As Richard Osterlind notes, no one knows how mindreading works, so if you need to touch a paper, which you then tear up because it's no longer needed, then do it. I sometimes try to genuinely psychometrise the paper. If I get hits, great. If not, I just mutter "this isn't doing me any good" as I shred the paper, and try a different approach.
kannon
View Profile
Inner circle
BCN
1026 Posts

Profile of kannon
Just placing my review here as well.

I recently fell in love with a recently re-released billet tear, I was sooo happy with it .... it was becoming a love affair.

THEN

Dr Bill's tear came along and stole my heart from my beloved and I have to say the new affair has ended my relationship with my previous love.

The tear is simple to learn and can be performed FAST or SLOW ... the angles are great, you get a nice big peek, no stingy little centre. It's over before it begins.

that's enough for me .... the additional benefit of the gorgeous illustrations and video will have you loving the work and ripping your way to mentalist heaven in moments.

Great work! Smile
My work and the Mtangulizi here http://kannonsworks.weebly.com featuring work on drawing duplications, a fiddle-free billet tear, bar mentalism, pendulums
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Dr's Billet Tear (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL