The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mac King (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
The Great Zucchini
View Profile
Inner circle
1347 Posts

Profile of The Great Zucchini
Al, I have to admit, I've never been a rope trick kind of guy, as far as, it's not my favorite magic to observe, but his rope stuff is off the charts. He did tell me how he did it, but I have to keep it on the down low. Kidding, of course, I have no idea.
LMLipman
View Profile
Elite user
Falls Church, Va.
443 Posts

Profile of LMLipman
I'm going to Vegas next month. I'll try to go to his show. Thanks for the post, Eric.
Larry Lipman
Lorenzo the Great
www.lorenzomagic.com
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I've been to Vegas twice. I've seen Mac's show twice. He's been the favorite part of both trips and will be only show I'll go see again when I return to Vegas. I just hope I'm able to take someone who hasn't seen his show before.
Bill Scott
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
119 Posts

Profile of Bill Scott
I've lived in Las Vegas for over 30+ years... Mac is highly underrated, but as he says he's happy and best of all he gets to go home every night at a reasonable hour and that's saying a lot.... we should all be that successful! On top of it, He's a nice guy!
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Al
can you shars with us what the rope trick is. Im curious but will be there in Vegas and plan to go see him.
Mr. Pitts
View Profile
Inner circle
David Pitts
1058 Posts

Profile of Mr. Pitts
It seems like that would be the double edged sword of the afternoon parlor show Bill Scott. It makes it more sustainable over the long run, but may sort of fly under the radar in comparison to the big theater shows. If I had a choice, I would choose what Mac has, no doubt about it.
David Pitts
The Astonishing Mr. Pitts
Comedy Magician and Ventriloquist
http://www.mrpitts.com
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
TWO BEST SHOWS in Vegas...

Mac and P&T! Nobody else comes close!
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Joe
I have never seen his rope trick, but I've been told that it is a kinda cut and restore/pop knot effect with a big surprise ending that will fool a magician, and I want it in the worst way.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Quote:
On 2013-03-25 00:19, Christopher Lyle wrote:
I loved the Shadow Tent with the bear. Scared the living crap of out me! Awesome!

Me too!!! His entire act is the best. I truly feel it's the best on Vegas.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Just saw Mac this past Tuesday. Kudos, Kudos, can't say enough good things about Mac. Even if he weren't from Louisville and wasn't a member of our magic club, I would still think he's the best!

Jim
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
We got to see his show in summer of 2011. We loved it too. He just comes across as a humble genuine, aaahhh shucks kinda guy. He deserves all of the success he's gained, and more.
psychod
View Profile
Loyal user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
247 Posts

Profile of psychod
I saw his show with my wife and daughter a couple of years back. We were in the front row and I wound up getting pulled on stage. I couldn't tell you what kind of a person he is in 'real life' but he certainly comes across as extremely likeable. The three of us loved the show...it seemed to have the right mix of humor and magic. It's also a great priced show compared to what others charge in Las Vegas. I would strongly suggest that all magicians see Mac King to see how well his character enhances all of his effects. He could do the simplest trick in the world and you'll wind up loving the overall effect because of the way he presents it.
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I saw Mac's show a few days ago, one of the best shows I have ever seen. The shadow tent was so good, and his rope routine fooled me. I really want to watch the rope routine again! He is such a nice guy, and has a very funny and entertaining show.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Every time I go to Vegas I see Mac's show. I've seen it 4 - 5 times the past 10 years. The last time he added a live animal, which was the first time I had seen that particular trick.

I talked with him after every show, and I can confidently say he's the real deal. Very friendly, very caring guy who doesn't take himself too seriously, yet is one of the best performing magicians in the world.

Just my 2 cents.

jim
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2013-03-25 00:19, Christopher Lyle wrote:
I loved the Shadow Tent with the ****. **** the ******* **** of out me! Awesome!

Very accurate post but I think it should be removed for spoiler alert reasons.
I've alerted the post. No offense.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The last time that I saw Mac perform was about two years ago. Awesome show! I make it a point to see his show when he comes to GR. I've been coming to his shows for the past 20 years or so. It gave me a chance to see how a pro's act evolves.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Mac King (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL