The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What The ____Ever Happened To Spring?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
As I look out the window, we are in blizzard conditions, but as I look at the calender spring was supposed to have already sprung several days ago.

A couple weeks ago the weatherman was predicting a warm up. Wow. Sure left egg on his face. Or rather, snow.

So anyways folks, Merry frickin' Christmas everybody
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Where are you Daff? I'm on the Delmarva peninsula and we only got a little bit, but I gotta tell ya I was fearing the worst myself. Dare we take on global warming in this thread? Merry Christmas back at ya. Aw geeze, now the atheists will chime in. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4620 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
Can't help but wonder if the scientists have got it right. The icecaps are melting, due to global warming, and the billions of gallons of icy waters mean colder weather and sea temperatures.

They say it might reverse, or even stop, the Gulf Stream, which would plunge the UK into very wintry conditions.

Guess what? It snowed last week, and again yesterday. The longest winter we've had in the UK for decades.

Whatever the cause, it's a fact that the icecaps are melting - Polar Bears have less and less ice to live on.

I guess the questions we should worry about are whether or not Mankind is directly responsible, and if we can now do much about it?
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Southern Californa and much of the Southwest are going to have severe drought this summer, so say the scientists.

Some say we are going into a mini ice age soon and some say we are going into global warming. As for me, all I want is to learn to do a good Elmsley Count before I die.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4426 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I believe Monty Python already covered it.......

A year passed. Winter changed into Spring. Spring changed into Summer. Summer changed back into Winter. And Winter gave Spring and Summer a miss and went straight on into Autumn.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4930 Posts

Profile of landmark
NYC: they're forecasting 1-3 inches of snow today. And I was hoping because today is Passover, that we would be passed over. (A little Jewish holiday humor; very little.)
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Misery loves company. Two weeks ago, it looked like spring was slowly going to arrive, then we had two huge snowstorms, with last Thursday dumping more than a foot of snow on us. It looks like the middle of a particularly harsh January outside right now. The good news is that it will be very green this spring. The bad news is that we're likely to have some flooding when all this melts over the next couple of weeks.

Sorry to feel better about not being alone Smile
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm in Indiana. We got 6 to 8 inches since I posted this, abd it's still coming down. All I really want is to see the tres bud and hear a bird sing.
Maybe I'll have to watch it on a DVD somewhere so I can have a digital spring. And mean, why not? Everything else is digital these days. Why not spring time?
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
And yet here in the Seattle area, the entire winter went by with no snow on the ground at all.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16031 Posts

Profile of tommy
Still cold and snowing in England today but it seems to be getting warmer.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2013-03-25 11:39, mastermindreader wrote:
And yet here in the Seattle area, the entire winter went by with no snow on the ground at all.

Last Friday we got a little more than a dusting of snow here in Snohomish and Everett got even more. Most of it melted by 2:00pm and all is wet. Sunday was blue sky's and white clouds Smile .
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
It's Bush's fault. Smile
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I just heard that the latest we have ever had snow here in Indiana was May 8, way back in 1923.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4930 Posts

Profile of landmark
Hey, yesterday, it was 54 degrees and crocuses and daffodils are coming up!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16031 Posts

Profile of tommy
I just read “Now that a good part of our our 2-3 feet of snow from the 2 February blizzards is melting, walking in the backyard with a plastic bag is a necessity. When you have two dogs, and a heavy blanket of snow melts -you're bound to find "surprises." Because I'm currently reading a paperback adventure of Indiana Jones, I've dubbed this "treasure-finding" experience "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Poo." Smile Always good to be "armed" with plastic bags in case you run into any hostile "poo-people!" Smile

http://rob-tom-dolly-franklin.blogspot.c......and.html
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1113 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
It's not just in England then ... mother Earth is not well ...
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

We're up to seasonal norms, but the accumulation from the late snowfall has a fair bit of melting to do still.
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
571 Posts

Profile of Circusman
TTF I'm off to Majorca in a couple of weeks. Hopefully the weather's better there than here in england.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5957 Posts

Profile of motown
Since moving down to Atlanta, this has been the coldest by far March I've experienced.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Is it just my imagination, or is the entire North American continent suffering from a lack of spring?

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What The ____Ever Happened To Spring?? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL