The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Cameron Francis Three Fly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2956 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Hi. I just saw Cameron Francis perform his Three Fly routine which is available to see for those on his mailing list. It's a great routine, magically and entertaining from beginning to end. I would post the link here but I don't know if I'm allowed to.
I j
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8841 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hiya fonda, my friend...Hope all is well.Smile

Didn't know Cam did coins, thought he mostly just cards? I would love to see his work with coins, if you can post the link. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2956 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I j
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7006 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Thanks for posting this, Fonda57!

I know, most people think I only do card stuff. But I actually do all different kinds of magic. I find myself creating more card tricks than anything else, though.

The beginning of this routine was loosely inspired by Jay Sankey's "No Jacket Required". The second part, the 3 Fly, is a little Kenner, a little Daryl, a little Gary Jones and, of course, inspired by Jonathan Townsend.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8841 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks man. Smile He did a good job presenting to his audience, they seemed to really enjoy it and that's what it's all about. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7006 Posts

Thanks, MB.

Yeah, I hope people aren't expecting revolutionary, knuckle busting moves, here. This routine was designed for lay people, not to fool magicians. Smile

You can't really hear it on the video but when I made the first coin appear, a little girl to my left audibly gasped. Sometimes we forget how powerful a simple coin production can be to laymen.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2956 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Looks like magic, and that's what counts.
I j
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7006 Posts

(Finger on nose) Exactly! Smile
mindpirate
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
186 Posts

Profile of mindpirate
Thanks for making magic Cameron! I'm a fan of your card stuff, and would really like to see your other work too.
~MindPirate~
www.magicianschoice.net
www.magicofben.com

It can not be...and yet...it can
- Tommy Wonder
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2956 Posts

Profile of fonda57
He has a dern good coin in bottle in one of the notes and in one of the recent issues of Genii, my mind is drawing blanks as to specifics, which is not unusual for my mind. And it is not the standard coin in bottle. Has a one word title.
I j
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2956 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Okay, it's called Discipline and it's in the Aberations notes available on the website. Just got Let's Get Small, really good packet card magic.
I j
RamonT
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of RamonT
Quote:
On 2013-03-25 20:17, fonda57 wrote:

I could not agree more.
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Quote:
On 2013-03-26 12:26, RamonT wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-25 20:17, fonda57 wrote:

I could not agree more.

+1 for me. Cameron, do you have this routine published? (Sorry in advance if I missed mention of that). Thanks!
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7006 Posts

Hey, Romano. No, the routine is not published. The 3 Fly isn't mine. And I'm sure the first phase has been done before. I don't know by whom as I'm not super well versed in coin routines. But it seems like something that must have been out there before. Sankey's 'No Jacket Required" was certainly an inspiration but it's actually a bit different than the Sankey routine.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys!
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
I remember the description of T. Downs going to his pocket. It came at a certain point.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Cameron Francis Three Fly (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL