The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dr's Billet Tear!. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Being somewhat of a "tear" aficionado I asked my friend Bill to please send me his latest work to look at. He had told me for a few months that he was working on the tear and I was looking forward to seeing it.

The Dr.'s Billet tear is a wonderful addition to the genre and unique on several layers.

I like it a lot Smile

Well done Doc!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Please,do share a little on Dr Bill's CT.
What are some advantages to using it?
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2013-03-26 15:48, Godzilla wrote:

It will help you get girls Zilla.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3920 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Quote:
On 2013-03-26 16:14, Roth wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-26 15:48, Godzilla wrote:

No. It won't.

David

:)
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
You can have a fancy car with airco and traction control, and heated seats and sat nav, and, and, and.....
Or you can have 4 wheels, an engine and a steering wheel.

TDBT is as stripped down and focussed as you could hope to get.
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1970 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I received this today and think it's great. I have my own tear which received great reviews - including a personal message from Bob Cassidy stating he thought it excellent. This has not stopped me searching for the ultimate tear. I think I might have found it.

Since products are hyped without explanation and that seems a problem with some on here I will explain further my point.

Al Mann once said that as soon as a billet is torn, the audience loses interest in it and relaxes. This is true to an extent. I do think that repeated tearing with a degree of precision is likely to draw attention back to the billet. Dr Bill's allows a peek of the writing after one tear at a point when one can be totally relaxed and that means all subsequent tears can be casual, open and honest.

This is now my tear of choice.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It is as simple as it needs to be, straight forward, big p**k area - easy to learn, you get embedded vid clips from front and back, as well as nicely illustrated diagrams and step by step descriptions... learn it well, re-visit 13 steps and annemann, and off you go! up and running in an afternoon...

I do genuinely love it - I got mine as a gift from Bill to be open about it - and I am a lucky chap for being allowed to have used it for the past few weeks because of it... there is something I am doing that this fits in perfectly with...and its thanks to bill that its made my life easier because of it...

I said elsewhere, that I think the ultimate compliment of any billet work is it looking/feeling mundane. that it is boring to witness from a punter's perspective - therefore to be ignored, and treated as an everyday thing...
I've asked to be banned
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
[quote]On 2013-03-26 16:14, Roth wrote:
Quote:

I am 110% in,for a Simple/Bigger P@@K Area!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
I paid for mine and find it to be a great peek - simple, large viewing area, explanation clearly written (and the embedded videos very helpful). The illustrations are very clear, too.

I often question why we should have the spec write something down and tear it up. Bruce Bernstein offered a great reason in Unreal. I like the routine that Dr Bill provides even more. It completely justifies tearing up the billet (and has a nice little mnemonic, too). His treatise on when to peek is well thought out, as well. Money well spent for a great billet tear.

Shad Schroeder
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
STYLE: A+ clear instructions, beautiful pictures, concise videos. Clear text and layout. The videos are an excellent touch.

SUBSTANCE: A+ a new (yes!) CT instant access that is bloody simple to do once you get the hang of it. Psychological principles thrown in as a bonus on when to peek. I have collected and tried many tears - this is te easiest and quickest I've found so far - a true innovation.

Yes, I actually paid for it too, and am vety happy with this purchase.

(Already sang praises to Dr Bill in the Emperor's thread and this just adds more confirmation to my opinion - he is modest how he came up with this but I believe his vast background in the field allowed him to spot something no one noticed before...).

I have tried it with real people over the last two days... Ripping good fun!!! No fuss no muss!!!

Thanks Bill!!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
gypsyfish
View Profile
Veteran user
377 Posts

Profile of gypsyfish
Quote:
On 2013-03-26 22:19, Dr Spektor wrote:
... Ripping good fun!!! ...

Hee, hee, hee.
Jonathan100
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of Jonathan100
In a different thread people were praising T-rex as the last word on the center tear. those in the know how of the two methods can they offer a comparison?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Did t-Rex come out? I've been waiting as I collect ct methods.....
Jonathan100
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of Jonathan100
Not yet, that's why I asked those in the know how. Based on the T-rex thread some people were privy to the method prior publication.
According to the thread it should be coming out anytime now.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I know via Bill, that he and Ran have been sharing/swopping their own work to make sure they do not "cross streams" as it were...(in a ghostbusters sense)...
I've asked to be banned
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
To avoid totally protonic reversal? Cool! But it might be good to have both techniques then in case Gozer shows up.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12324 Posts

Profile of John C
It all sounds tear-if-ic!!

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2851 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks all, it's good to be back in a safe and happy place! I don't know the status of T-Rex either. Must admit I'm a bit curious.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
From what I understand, t-Rex is something rather different from anything that's appeared before, and, if my information is accurate, I can't imagine it being either as easy or direct as the good Doctor's method, but I will buy it anyway.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-03-27 20:15, JohnWells wrote:
From what I understand, t-Rex is something rather different from anything that's appeared before, and, if my information is accurate, I can't imagine it being either as easy or direct as the good Doctor's method, but I will buy it anyway.

Will T-Rex help you get girls,like Dr Bill's tear ? Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dr's Billet Tear!. (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL