The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dr's Billet Tear!. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
I use GoodReader on my iPad.
Brilliant app for reading pdfs etc.

steve
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On 2013-04-15 11:30, Stephen Young wrote:
I use GoodReader on my iPad.
Brilliant app for reading pdfs etc.

True, but it doesn't help on Jan's iPad. Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3970 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Smile ..... Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2852 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks for all the kinds words since I last peeked in! And I'm glad to see people helping one another in terms of video issues.

We've been able to resolve virtually every problem with watching the embedded videos, most with the above advice. There was a thread pulled in Pennies where someone was having trouble using Windows 8 that I'm not sure was resolved though David Thiel posted that is exactly what he was using, without any troubles.

I know that Mauricio used a mac to convert the doc to pdf and embed the videos and checked them out on his Ipad and Iphone! The only excpetion seems to be tablets and phones using the Jellybean OS since Adobe doesn't have a compatible version of Flash yet.

So I can't watch them on my Samsung Galaxay Tablet, except as separate files, unless I want to go through a real round about fix. Which is why I maintain my standard offer to send the video files on their own to anyone who still can't view them.

Which I sent you, Jan, correct? If anyone else needs them, just let me know.
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
926 Posts

Profile of muse
I bought this, and although I haven't even tried looking at the video segments yet - what a gorgeously simple and deceptive little thing this is. Very simple to get the procedure down, and helping save the planet as it gives me a use for all the reject paper I keep beside my printer, and am now tearing into ever smaller pieces. I don't use tears often enough to need an arsenal of them, so I try to practise the one that I will use. It used to be Barrie Richardson's one, then the one by John Wells that built very nicely on BR's one, but this one is now 'my' tear. Very good.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3970 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2013-04-17 21:48, Bill Cushman wrote:
Thanks for all the kinds words since I last peeked in! And I'm glad to see people helping one another in terms of video issues.

We've been able to resolve virtually every problem with watching the embedded videos, most with the above advice. There was a thread pulled in Pennies where someone was having trouble using Windows 8 that I'm not sure was resolved though David Thiel posted that is exactly what he was using, without any troubles.

I know that Mauricio used a mac to convert the doc to pdf and embed the videos and checked them out on his Ipad and Iphone! The only excpetion seems to be tablets and phones using the Jellybean OS since Adobe doesn't have a compatible version of Flash yet.

So I can't watch them on my Samsung Galaxay Tablet, except as separate files, unless I want to go through a real round about fix. Which is why I maintain my standard offer to send the video files on their own to anyone who still can't view them.

Which I sent you, Jan, correct? If anyone else needs them, just let me know.

Hi Bill, I think I was the first getting your script, but did not get the movies. Not a big point, I could see the embedded videos on my laptop, not on my iPad, but I could still read it. Thanks for your attention which I do appreciate a lot, Bill! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
887 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
As far as Jelly Bean devices, Flash will not be available, as Adobe has dropped support for Flash. You can download the last version from the Adobe archives, I will find a link and post later, that will work for most Flash enabled websites, but I have not tried it with this document. At lunch I will give it a whirl and see.

Come to think of it, I may hate Adobe now. One advantage of Android v. IOS was direct Flash support...
Grumble, Grumble...
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I came a little late to the party...didn't want to order it before TaxTime as it would have been too much a distraction for me. And it would have been!

I'm amazed that the CT has evolved as it has, getting slimmer, leaner, getting reduced to the very minimal necessities of the process. No fat, no extra moves or folds, no finger-flinging or fiddling, how much cleaner and easier can the CT get?

For those performers who want to blow by the tearing up process (and reading process) as quickly as possible, to get through it smoothly, this tear will make you giddy. You needn't worry about when to open or read, it's all 'imbedded' in the super-simple moves.

This is clean and brilliant. Thank you, Dr., wish I'd thought of it!
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Scott Fridinger
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester Pt, VA
887 Posts

Profile of Scott Fridinger
Tried to watch the videos through Adobe Reader and Polaris Office on my Note 10.1 Jelly Bean device. Had the most updated apps, and they didn't play through the embedded document. However, that is ok, because Penguin (which I bought from) has the videos that you can download direct when you download the .pdf, so I can watch them through my movie player fine. Nice thing is, they really are supplemental, with a good view, but the directions are completely workable without them. I love embeded pdf's, works fine on my laptop with the most up-to-date flash and reader.
www.JustGreatMagic.com
Sleight of Hand, Sleight of Mind
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Just pressed the buy button on this, now the wait .......
SShawUK
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of SShawUK
With several tearing techniques under my belt, I doubted as to whether I would be able to find a home for TDBT, but was keen to see what all the excitement was about. Not only have I found a home for TDBT, but it has made the other techniques I used homeless. Shame on you Bill, for making so many well-loved tearing techniques redundant Smile

I like TDBT for it's simplicity and well motivated moves. Nothing too glam or glitzy, everything a billet tear should be, natural, smooth, effortless. For me, a huge benefit was that it works significantly better with my business cards. As they are of a significantly thicker card stock, there are some tearing techniques that I have struggled with, leaving me looking like a strongman trying to tear a phone book in half. TDBT, a highly recommended purchase for anyone looking to peek a piece of information, right under their spectators' nose, in a natural and efficient manner.

I really could not have been much happier with this purchase.
Top marks Bill!
Warmest Regards,
Steve Shaw
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

www.magicblog.org
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
I like this a lot. Excelant purchase.
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
All of Dr Bill's releases have contained wonderful surprises.
Goldfield
View Profile
Veteran user
Traveller
336 Posts

Profile of Goldfield
Fantastic product, may I ask others from your experience, do you find it better to guide the spectator as to how to fold the billet/card back up after writing on it or take it yourself with your head turned and fold it up?
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? Vincent V.G
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1971 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I'd generally have them refold - in fact it's possible to hand out a crease-free un-prefolded billet. If you're dealing with someone unable to follow the concept of refolding then mental miracles may not be for them!
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3403 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I abandoned CT's many years ago, but the reviews for Dr Bill's persuaded me to have another look. And I am so glad I did. This is a thing of real beauty. I actually think this could be the final word in CT's. How could it get any cleaner? It is as close to perfection as a CT can get.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2852 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks everyone! I'm really glad so many people are getting so much use out of TDBT. Nothing I've done has ever generated this kind of personal response in terms of email from folks unknown just writing to say thank you for creating and sharing. And letting me know they are using TDBT as their go to CT now.

Regarding the question above, I always pre-fold. I do it as I'm setting up my premise and since there are no special "steps" or anything of the kind with TDBT you don't have to worry about things being just right. Hope that helps.
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
So, thirty minutes ago I ordered the download and for the last twenty minutes I have been maniacally chuckling to myself in the Café where I have read the manuscript and watched the video clips. There is a small mountain of paper confetti on my table and I am one happy chappy!

What a beautiful and elegant solution to the CT - I love this approach and the bonuses in the PDF were great and unexpected - well done to all involved in this product! I came to this having purchased TPR a few days ago and think that these two combined create a killer range of possibilities for any performer with an ounce of imagination - can't wait to start playing with all of this. If you are on the fence about whether to invest in TDBT, I would unreservedly urge you to splash the cash - this is as good as it gets.
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
By the way Bill - post 11 more responses and then take the rest of the year off if you like - everyone will assume that '2013’ posts is a category rather than a rolling figure! Of course then you'd only be allowed one post a year thereafter to maintain the illusion and we'd miss you so scrap that - keep racking them up!
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1918 Posts

Profile of DT3
It's so versatile. Dr. BC gives some very nice applications in which to use the technique but seriously, you are up and running so quickly and the possibilities are endless.

I love this so much. All I need is a business card and a pen and I can perform miracles. And if I don't have a biz card? No problem, as long as I can find something to write on. Dynamic thinking. It's a thing of beauty. I LOVE IT.

D
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dr's Billet Tear!. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL