We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dr's Billet Tear!. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2855 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Ran just wrote me that T-Rex is out of his hands at the printer and he is patiently waiting. He said he hopes to have a substantial update soon.

When Ran and I exchanged work many, many months ago, we did so in part to make sure we hadn't reinvented the same wheel. I learned enough to be confident we hadn't and then put it away as I didn't want anything seeping into TDBT.

So I really can't say too much in comparision because there is a lot going on in T-Rex and only now can I really go back and refresh my memory and truly learn it and the several variants. Plus I don't want to risk exposure.

I will say in just now taking a look there is a variation unlike anything I've ever heard of but I'm not sure if it is going to be openly promoted so I must keep mum for now. I haven't tried it out but conceptually it looks off the chart!
Jonathan100
View Profile
Loyal user
292 Posts

Profile of Jonathan100
Could those who know the work address whether the Dr's Billet Tear is more appropriate for close up, stage, surrounded etc... or is it good for all venues?
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Everywhere except if someone rests their head on your shoulder while trying to do it
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
This is just terrific.
I love me my Barrie Richardson Tear... but Bill's tear (and John Well's Barfly routine... along with the new CT routine he's performing) might be enough to make me switch.

It was demonstrated for me earlier in the week, and I refused to believe that the peek had happened. I think it's the rhythm of it that makes this such a effective tool.
I love it unconditionally.

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
How does this compare to R2-D2? I never thought I'd need another tear but I know some top pro's are using this so I'm intrigued.

Thanks
Sean
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3997 Posts

Profile of JanForster
There are similarities in the beginning, both are very very clean, I personal favor R2-D2 a bit as I find it more convincing. But this is my personal opinion. Please no fights again. And: I use the second version of R2-D2. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Thanks for sharing your opinion Jan, I use the 2nd version too.

Don't know about any fighting that's been going, but if that's the case then I'll ask for anyone to answer my question by PM.

Thanks guys. Smile
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
@Sean,
Check out the demo. You can see the tear in action.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3429
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Cheers Randy,

I've never seen a video demo for a tear before!
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Nice video!
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Whew! Talk about eagle-eyeing a CT and their not being anything to see! That video demo is a gem, a real sales tool. It would impress anyone.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 07:54, JanForster wrote:
There are similarities in the beginning, both are very very clean, I personal favor R2-D2 a bit as I find it more convincing. But this is my personal opinion. Please no fights again. And: I use the second version of R2-D2. Jan

If you don't want a fight you can't use 'fightin' words', Jan! Smile

I think Al Baker was right when he suggested just find one you like and stick with it... but I haven't been able to settle down yet. But I think Bill's might keep my eyes from wandering.

For me as Dick Christiansen was to the book test, Tom Jorgenson is to CT. Whenever Tom has gotten his hands on anything I'm always interested to see what he's done or is doing with it.
I don't know though. Tom would you describe yourself as polygamous with your CTs or Serially Monogamous?

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
ADD might be closer to it. If it's in front of my face, it's got my attention.

And deep thanks for the uneserved compliments.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Hi guys,

From the perspective of a entry-level hobbiest who HATES WITH A PASSION!!! having to read instructions and would much much rather watch a video that I can rewind as many times as my slow-to-grasp-anything-new mind needs me to rewind:

I LOVE Dr. Billet's tear. Smile Smile I am still reeling from the realization that I not only could follow the very well written and illustrated instructions, I also deeply appreciated the heart of the magician: Dr. Bill, showing through the written presentation. It was actually fun to read!! I Almost felt as though I was in the presence of this great gentleman even though I was just reading words on a page. I've often thought that who we really are inside can be be sensed or felt by others even through written words.

It is fun to be able to feel a connection with someone when learning a new idea (if the presenter or teacher has a good heart) because that "good part" of them warms your heart each time your remember or utilize the idea they passed onto you. In a way, I suppose, Dr. Bill sort of performs through us because he taught us...good company to have inside us, or have beside us Smile Many of the great magicians have a way of making you feel that way.

I guess it's like the Lord Jesus said: "My Father not only taught me what to say, but how to say it"--Gospel of John

WOW! I don't know the history of tears or the history of much of any magic and, altough, I know it's important to credit the conceptual fathers of the methods, part of me just says: credits are interesting and nostalgic but, regardless of how Dr. Bill got to where he got on this I'M JUST GLAD HE GOT THERE!! and made if fun for me to get there too! Smile

I think I have the concept and just need to practice but, you know what?, I'm going to read and re-read the PDF anyway just because...IT'S FUN!! Dr. Bill made it fun and somehow I think that spirit will be passed through whoever performs his method, onto the audience. That is golden.

I haven't had this much fun seeing a powerful concept taught, and actualy being able to grasp it quickly, since Loki's FAX which also was so fun to learn and, in a way, similar (but not the same) in concept. BUT THAT WAS A VIDEO LESSON and for me to love a written lesson just as much says these things loud and clear about Dr. Bills tear:

#1, Magic concept taught: AWESOME

#2, Method of teaching: AWESOME

#3, The teacher himself: AWESOME

#4, Extra insights and thoughts from the teacher: AWESOME

#5. Value received...just okay...(just teasing Smile) TREMENDOUS

I think a gentleman whose first name is Thomas created the layout of the lesson and to Thomas I say: "Masterful".

The professionals reviewing this brilliant work from a very gifted magician are, most all of them, stating it is a new bench mark for magic. I'm sure that must be so. But for fellow beginners like me let me reassure you that you, too, will be so very very glad you purchased this...adventure.

your friend,
Alex
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10635 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Outstanding review Alex!

Very helpful and some cool insights. Much appreciated.

I bought this last week and haven't yet had time to read/learn it sadly.

Can't wait
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
ParaLabs - Thomas
View Profile
Special user
909 Posts

Profile of ParaLabs - Thomas
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 22:43, trueinventor wrote:

I think a gentleman whose first name is Thomas created the layout of the lesson and to Thomas I say: "Masterful".

Thank you, Sir. But the layout was created by Mauricio Jaramillo and Dr. Bill - so honor to whom honor is due. Smile
My negligible contributions were just the quick sketches of the handling phases.

So your appreciation has to go to Mauricio rather then to me.

Glad that you enjoyed the book anyway (not that I expected anything else, ... Smile )

Cheers
Th.
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Brett, thankyou. You will absolutely love it. In your hands it really WILL be magic.

Thomas, I am honored to hear from you. The sketches were perfect.
Thankyou for mentioning Mauricio and crediting him for his
simple, elegant and so-easy-to-follow layout.

Dear Café members, it's easy to over-complement or flatter (which God warns not to do
because it can cause people to have a false confidence that might hurt them at times)
but that isn't the case here: If you are able to purchase Dr. Bill's Tear;
I just know most everyone will view it as I have and think the purchase was money very well spent.

I love great gimmicks because of their ability to embue beginners with the appearance of having Pro-level abilities they don't really possess. but Dr. Bill offers even better with his tear concept: A GREAT magic skill that even a beginner can master and that you don't have to worry about misplacing and repurchasing.

Great Gimmicks are like IRON MAN: they can allow you to do incredible things but, absent the suit you are toast.
Dr. Bill's method is like becoming SUPERMAN: the skill becomes an intrinsic part of who you are: any time, any where: Up Up and Away! Smile Accomplished magicians are SUPERMAN: Years of practice have given them second-nature abilities. Us gimmicky guys who are, at best: IRON MAN can live a few moments each day as the real thing with
the magical method taught by Dr. Bill. If you decide to purchase it:

You will feel like you
became friends with a great magician and also come from the planet Krypton Smile
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2855 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Hi trueinventor, my new best friend, lol! Smile Thank you, those are some mighty flattering comments.

As much as I appreciate kudos for my latest creation, it means a lot to me when someone praises my writing style in and of itself as you did in such detail. I am glad to hear that along with the wonderful help and contributions from Mauricio, Thomas and Greg, my words not only made TDBT easy to learn but enjoyable.
trueinventor
View Profile
Loyal user
Lynchburg Va
217 Posts

Profile of trueinventor
Oh my gosh!! Smile

Mr. Cushman, I am so honored to have heard from you!!

I meant every word from my heart.
A great pastor once said: "A message prepared in your mind can affect other minds, a message prepared in your heart can affect
hearts, but a message prepared in your life can affect lives." Jesus was the best example of this by becoming the lesson He taught:
"Love God with all of your heart and love one another as much as you would want them to love you". Our Lord became the lesson by laying down His life for us.

You chose to make magic a part of your life and that magic, presented through your life: through your gentleman's spirit and warm insightful nature, has affected and will continue to affect the lives of others. I know it has mine. To some professionals that might sound silly, but I know most every beginner of any age very much understands. So few of us will ever get the chance to be a Real Magician doing Real Magic absent a clever device (which I'm not against, it's just nice to be "Superman" rather than Batman or Ironman once in awhile Smile ). To simply pick up a coin or a card or pack of cards and nothing else, nothing hidden and then create Wonders is such a gift of wonder to the world. You make that same kind of moment possible with a piece of paper and nothing else and place that sill-set within the grasp of even a beginner with little time to practice. What an incredible gift you've given the world of magic.

The child inside most of us always feels lifted up inside because someone, we view as greater than us, recognized us or taught us with kindness. You have given me both of those gifts now.
Thank you Mr. Cushman! Smile

I am, at best, an entry-level novice but I'm not alone in the things I've stated: The comments I have read from Real Magicians about Bill Cushman note your kindness, warmth, honesty, ethics, and great great talent. It is almost always your warmth and genuineness of character they note first and most. That only adds to the grandeur of the magic your perform. The person you are makes, not just the magic you perform better magic, but lifts the field of magic as a whole. I know that anyone who has been graced by both you and your performances left with a good feeling about Magicians.

When I read your presentation, so beautifully crafted and fine tuned by Mauricio, Thomas and Greg, I thought: "I think I feel like the friends of Thurston, Houdini, and of other legends must have felt when engaging in conversation with them. It actually feels like Mr. Cushman is talking with me here in person at the breakfast table." Being able to achieve that in writing is rare, being able to achieve that in the presentation of a lesson is even more rare. But you did.

Maybe not all of us, but I think that perhaps so many of us, still feel the wonder and excitement today that we felt as children when we hear Circus Music or saw a gifted Magician perform on stage or in the street, or saw Carnival rides from a distance and knew Dad was taking us to the Midway.

Your simple elegant concept, presented with your spirit shining through, allows me to give moments like that to others.

Thank you so very much for making that possible. Life never allowed me to be a Real Magician which was my first and never-dying dream.
You have allowed me to be one, at least for a few moments, in the eyes of those I perform your gift to us for.

Thank you for being the gentleman you are and for your life and for sharing a part of it with us. I have a very strong feeling that those who know you best love you very very much. Your lesson of how to do the tear, just that glimpse into your nature and heart, was enough for me to know that those who are fortunate enough to be close to you have plenty of reason to respect and love you.

I can't express enough how much I will treasure your post. Many of the Café magicians are gifted as performers, a few are gifted as
creators of Magic. I think almost all of us: beginners and the "best-of-the-best" alike, hold you to be both a gifted performer and a gifted creator of new magic. From all that I read, your new teaching will be added to the list of "Legendary Methods for accomplishing Powerful Magic with Simple Elegant Methods."---in the world of magic that is my FAVORITE List! Smile

From now on Mr. Cushman, every time I present what you've allowed me to present as a Real Magician, I am going to say: "A truly great Magician, a Legend in the world of Magic, and someone who is my friend taught me this..."---because you did and your are.

I really am grateful for your method and for the wonder I get to see in the eyes of those I perform it for,
for your willingness to share it with us, and for a simple elegant presentation of it's secrets taught in
a way that places it even within the grasp of a beginner.

You and what you gave through your teaching are a blessing from the Lord in my life Mr. Cushman and I know many others
would echo that and will echo it in years to come.

From a trueinventor to a Great Inventor,

your friend--Alex
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Lol, Are you a stand-up comedian?
Very funny! I like it!
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dr's Billet Tear!. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL