We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dr's Billet Tear!. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10644 Posts

Profile of saysold1
OK si I have owned this since release but finally just started working it like a good boy. I'm getting better at it but was also wondering the kind of typical patter that some of you utilize while starting and working through the tear?

I realize that much may be routine dependent - I hope this doesn't come off as ignorent.

Thanks (and thanks to the good Dr. for sending the easier to watch videos!)
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3400 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
I don't know about anyone else but I feel CT's are only truly appropriate when the tearing of the billet has some relevance to the effect. I always think it seems off, psychologically, to tear up a billet with a happy memory, or the name of a loved one, or even neutral info like numbers. I have been using DBT to erase bad memories, or worries etc. I notice the Dr's own routine follows this approach. That being the case I ask them if they can visualise the problem just before I perform the peek. I find asking a question creates a nice off-beat to do the dirty work, as the specs focus shifts inward for a moment.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It is a wonderful bit of thinking, that has been a real blessing for me, since its release...came along at just the right time...

if you haven't picked this up - you should...
I've asked to be banned
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10644 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I'm getting the hang of it now. Lovely.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Regarding justification of the tear, either TPR (which is an excellent read and full of viable routines) or I do a 2 phase routine -

Pre show: imp a spec's first love

In show: have that person write down on a business card something they are allergic to, have a phobia of or just don't like. On a second card they just project their mental image of a first love (justified in pre show by instructions given). One of the two cards is easily differentiated from the other (choose your favourite method).

The folded cards are mixed and spec takes one in each hand - using muscle reading you are able to identify which hand holds the allergy/phobia card because of the weakness in that limb. You then tear it up, asking them to imagine the power that the allergen/ fear has dissipating.

You move on to reveal the name of the first love from the blank business card using any reveal that suits your style (for me it is psychological so I ask them to recite the alphabet aloud, then silently and finally via their hand on my shoulder willing me to write the correct name. Half way through is process I pause and
reveal the contents of the first card, almost as if this needs to be named and put away before we can fully concentrate on the positive associations of the loved one.

Because the reveal is an aside and has psychological distance from the tear, the impact seems strong and while it is early days, I am enjoying working with this framing. Feel free to work it if this is something you'd like to play with too Smile
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3400 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
That sounds terrific Andy. I used to do something similar with the name of a place from their past that they never want to return to, and the name of a place they hope to visit in future-then dress up the presentation with some cold reading.
sescarny
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of sescarny
I bought the download for this tear and was very happy with the purchase. I personally believe it was worth every penny and more! Just my two cents. Smile
John Jerde
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of John Jerde
So this is a great tear. I also just picked up T-Rex. You really need to buy both. They both are excellent and do the job.

You just can't buy one!
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
H E L P !!!

I have a laptop running Windows XP. I have both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. I have downloaded the most up-to-date version of Adobe Flash player. When I try to watch the embedded videos I get a prompt to download the required version of Flash ????

Can anyone advise?

Derek
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I'm not sure if the latest verson of Flash is supported by Windows XP.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On 2013-08-26 14:03, kinesis wrote:
H E L P !!!

I have a laptop running Windows XP. I have both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. I have downloaded the most up-to-date version of Adobe Flash player. When I try to watch the embedded videos I get a prompt to download the required version of Flash ????

Can anyone advise?

Derek

Hi Derek, you have the full version of Acrobat Reader? Maybe is that

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1642 Posts

Profile of Claudio
The latest version of Adobe Flash Player is supported on XP.
Here's a link that may help you sort out your problem: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/f......yer.html
It has been useful to me in the past.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2855 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I haven't heard of anyone having problems with XP, but if you PM me your email address, I will send you the videos as seseparate files.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
SORTED! Not entirely sure what I did but it works now. Thanks everyone Smile

FACEBOOK
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Okay, just watched the videos, they helped so much.

OMG! This is a thing of beauty. What an elegant and FLUID billet tear. WOW!!!!!

Thank you Dr Bill

Derek

FACEBOOK
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
When I first read this I was a little dubious about the angles.

But then I performed it for some friends and I could not believe that you get such a HUGE peek and yet it is invisible to the audience.

It was truly an astounding moment for me!

I am officially a TDBT devotee!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Danyel
View Profile
Loyal user
Italy
293 Posts

Profile of Danyel
Now using TDBT for some month. In no occasion somebody did even suspect there was the possibility for me to see anything.
But the most convincing proof came from a friend, a top creator and performer, who didn't know it, and who confirmed that even knowing that I was going to t*°r and p**k, he did not notice anything at all.
This happened in a bar, across a two-feet long table. (That is: under one's nose).
No better endorsement, Dr. Bill!
'People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition
end by starving the best part of the mind' -William Butler Yeats
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2855 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Thanks Ben and Danyel. I love getting reports from the trenches!

In the ad, when I wrote, "What should you look for in a Center Tear? As little as possible," I was being a bit cheeky but that is really what it is all about. Same with Iain Dunford's use of the word "Mundane" in his review as I feared that it might be misinterpreted but he couldn't have been more spot on when it comes to billet work and what I strove for with TDBT.

Hey, Danyel, feel free to send me a PM with the name of the performer! You have piqued my curiosity, lol.
deiricm
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of deiricm
Just adding my voice to the chorus: TDBT is a great investment (as is anything from the good doctor)- the step-by-step is first class, and the videos really help enormously. Excellent
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
First and foremost Dr. Bill is a gentleman. I ordered it yesterday morning on the Outlaw Magic site and received it a few hours later. I had some questions which Bill answere dpromptly and then sent the video file separately so I could voice them on my iPad.

Now on to the billet tear itself:

Amazing, easy, but not self working. I need to practice on a bit of finesse and timing needed to do this well. Is owed it to my 12 year old who is a budding mentalist. He can usually Spot when I do something, not this time. I showed it to him and just like in the video, I asked if he saw the peek. He said "No" I look forward to when I feel comfortable with this. The tearing of the business card is set up in such a way that it too is easy and doesn't need to be muscled. The rest of my thoughts are echoed in the previous accolades.

Highly recommended!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Dr's Billet Tear!. (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL