We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What was your first coin sleight? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Mine was the french drop.
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Fingerpalm
Click to visit:
Musashi
View Profile
Regular user
Oregon
132 Posts

Profile of Musashi
I started with a coin roll (not a sleight, I know, but that is what I learned first with coins!) The first slieght I learned was classic palm.

Josh
"Care for a Jelly Baby?"
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1806 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Mine was also french drop.
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
835 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Gotta go with the finger palm.

-Bill
CitinoMAGIC: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS eBook - AVAILABLE NOW!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4186 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
The Downs/Malini quadruple sliding changeover parsley aquitment.

OK, the French Drop.
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
French Drop, maybe finger palm. Nope was definitely French Drop.... I think... hmmm. Smile

By the way Michael, loved your Encyclopedia dvd's of Coin Sleights. Good material. Good teaching style.
Higly recommended for the serious coin worker.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
leefoley3
View Profile
Elite user
Texas
402 Posts

Profile of leefoley3
I think mine was the Down's Palm. French Drop was second. I think. Smile
In December of '06 I was diagnosed with a very rare cancer, Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans. One in a million people worldwide are diagnosed with this type of cancer annually. Sarcomas account for 1% of all cancers. Knowledge is power!
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
The French Drop.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24120 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
By the way Michael, loved your Encyclopedia dvd's of Coin Sleights. Good material. Good taeching style.
Higly recomended for the serious coin worker.

Peo

How can I purchase it?
bobdomeros
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of bobdomeros
Sliding the penny shell off a red block into a finger palm.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4186 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Thanks Peo! Dynamike, you can contact me at rubinsteindvm@aol.com, and I'll send you my price list (its cheaper than the dealers)
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Classic palm, then french drop.
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Finger Palm.

I even remember where I learned it: from the Paul Daniels TV Magic trick "Reflections" (Date:1981, Trick No. 23, Colour Code: Purple - Slightly Harder).

In fact, I still have the mirror and instructions for it, twenty-two years later. Looking at it now, "Reflections" was basically identical to "Twilight" (1979, Tayari Casel / Paul Harris). Daniels even refers to it in the instructions as "one of the greatest, classiest illusions - one that the world's top magicians perform."

Considering they were marketed for children, there were some real gems in the Paul Daniels range. I'd be interested to hear which specific trick other people learned their first sleights for...

Cheers,

Cy.
tommy ng
View Profile
Veteran user
USA,Oregon
385 Posts

Profile of tommy ng
I remember the Finger Palm is my first coin sleight, and second is French Drop
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17176 Posts

Profile of joseph
Finger Palm Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Started with Bobo, so the Bobo switch was my first. Dead easy and deceptive
Shanester
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
I remember doing the French Drop years ago before I ever became interested in all this stuff. Now I can give it name!!.
Then Classic Palm and literally just this week Back Thumb palm. Geesz was that difficult at first. Now, after only a week I do it more or less perfectly (though I do forget about the angles).
I know its been said before but to all beginners (like me) ,practice does really make Perfect. Don't be discouraged if you can't do a sleight, try another then return later.

Howard
Chris Thibault
View Profile
Elite user
Massachusetts
469 Posts

Profile of Chris Thibault
Mine was the french drop. Smile
-Chris
ollason
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ollason
French Drop too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » What was your first coin sleight? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL