The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Butterfly Legend ! have the video...interesting... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Hi fellows,

This is vry interesting...just to share with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQdJfTFDNc

what do you think??

Cheers,
CC
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Beautiful. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
NW Ont Canada
540 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
The cards at the beginning of the routine look like Card-Sharks Metamorphosis Pro Version.
http://www.card-shark.de/index.cfm?page=......ArtID=82

The cards are very well made antiqued Victorian Animal cards. Great addition for a bizarre parlour effect. Finale is a mild version of The Web.

Eric
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Very Nice! Beautiful routine!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
278 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
I wonder how much the equipment cost him for that 3D Butterfly equipment.
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
1955 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Quote:
On 2013-03-27 02:07, dorian_faust wrote:
I wonder how much the equipment cost him for that 3D Butterfly equipment.

just a cost of Tab or I pad.... ;o)
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
This is 3D holographic project, You might be able to do something similar with a ipad and mirrors, peppers ghost style.

BUt this you are able to put you hand into/through. I saw a similar thing at an amusement park years ago. I 'mystic talisman' was floating in the air, when you tried to grab it a jet of cold air blasted your hand. But you could put your hand into the image. We built up our courage to try again and found this!

The butterfly looks beautiful, I wonder if you could reprogram it for other images? I wonder how much you could mod the box?
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Looks like it is on sale. Was $250, now $59 plus shipping. The set up comes with 3D projector, files, and cards. You must supply tablet pc and real butterfly. Probably could create files for almost any small insects but not sure.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Mickturbo
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
78 Posts

Profile of Mickturbo
I'm also really intrigued by this prop. My mind is already racing with ways of making the 3D projector box a bit more bespoke, perhaps by framing it in aged wood or brass to better fit in with a bizarre presentation. At the very least, I'd want some way to disguise the tablet. Not having the props, I'm not sure if this is entirely possible, as I suppose it could affect the image of the butterfly. Also, if you could create your own files as others have suggested, it would be even more versatile. As lovely as the butterflies are, I would enjoy a version based on The Web where spectators believe that a spider had escaped from the card... and into the audience!
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
I like the effect, and the price is right. I'm sure the 3d projector has plenty of uses for magicians. The problem I have is that the merchant's products appear to be knock offs of other peoples property. Therefore, as much as this looks great, I cannot in good conscience purchase from this company.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Whee is this for sale ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
The shipping is a bit much. The weight being less than a pound and shipping at about $30.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Looks like a very suspicious site to me. Anyone have any experience of dealing with them ?
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
517 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
I agree; it looks suspicious. How is this different than Holho on KS?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ifu/......phone-an
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
YitzhakMoDice, it looks to be the same technology.

I say use you money to back the kick starter project. I think they are the original inventors. These days China copies tech and has it out before the original makers. This happened with Apple ad the iPhone 5. One chinese company manufactured and released/sold an exacte clone of and iPhone 5 (running an android skin of the new IOS) months before Apple debuted their product.

For $33+ you receive a HOLHO for various devices depending on your pledge. Cheaper than the knock off version....

Thanks Yitzhack for the info!

Regards Joe Piper
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Martyn35
View Profile
New user
UNEMPLOYMENT: 2500 people applied for
46 Posts

Profile of Martyn35
I have bought from 52magic, all goods recieved and of superb quality. We bought the Chinese Mask Change costume, it looks the genuine article, very nice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Butterfly Legend ! have the video...interesting... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL