The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Colin Mcleod LIVE: Sunday March 31st, @7:00pm Eastern (Penguin LIVE) (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
This should be a great lecture:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/3360
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1738 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
I'll be tuning in. You should too.
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1348 Posts

Profile of Colin
Also, before I fly out, if anyone wants anything specific discussed or performed ...

I'm going to be teaching stuff not on 'Opening Minds.' The stuff I do teach from the DVDs will be to explain (I think it's three things?!?) all the updates and improvements I've made in the last 3 years Smile .

Col
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
voh002
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of voh002
Is it much of the same as the lecture at mindvention? Great lecture by the way Smile But is it new stuff?
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1348 Posts

Profile of Colin
Gonna have a few things from MV, but not all.

It's going to have things not from MV too.

Trying to make it 'my best bits.' I want everyone to get as much out if it as possible Smile

Col
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
I would welcome any stage presentations (like the first 3 discs of Opening Minds) despite the venue/other lectures lending themselves well to close up/parlour

looking forward to this, it's one of the ones I had my eye on for the next 3 months
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
222 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
Nice! What a good way to spend what is a Monday morning when this lecture runs. Not staying home for easter Colin? You are dedicated my man!

Catch you all at the lecture =)

- Dave.
tgplano
View Profile
Special user
Ted Gillam
614 Posts

Profile of tgplano
Colin: I'd love to see the whole memory routine you did to open at the last MINDvention. I really liked it particularly the memorized deck.

Thanks, Ted
Mentalism for the Metroplex
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1348 Posts

Profile of Colin
With the exception of routines then, anything anyone wants me to discuss, or questions you'd like answered?

X
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Colin, you could talk about blocking techniques, rythm and interraction with the auciences.
Personnaly, I'll be not so glad to see routine I saw in mindvention ;-)
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1348 Posts

Profile of Colin
Lol. I'll have a balance. Obviously as MindVention had 100 people in the audience there will be more people who weren't there attending this.

But there will be old stuff (old to you Smile) and new stuff (to everyone).

But I am already planning to talk about how I structure my material and how it affects an audience. Lots to share here which I only briefly touched on in Blackpool.

X
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Great!:-)
I'm looking forward about the last part as I think is the most intersting part and not so often discuss.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Hi Colin

If you find the space in the event, I'd love to hear your thoughts on props in mentalism - much of the work I have seen from you to date is clean and direct because you rarely use anything other than a pen, slips of paper and mundane objects that are often borrowed from the spectators involved. I would also like to know what is the dream effect which still eludes you but that you would hope one at to perform (assuming such a creature exists).

I remember chatting to Bobby Bernard one weekend years ago now and he told me that he had a repeating dream that in the middle of Ron's convention, he just levitated above the crowds, surrounded and without any effort on his part! As far as I know, Bobby never quite pulled this off - what is your itch to be scratched?!
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
This is going to be an amazing lecture. Colin always delivers thought provoking out of the box ideas. And I for one am happy to review some of his Mindvention goodies and have them in my Penguin library.
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
Stevie Tricker
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Stevie Tricker
Hi Colin,

Really enjoyed opening minds and this will be my 1st penguin lecture so looking forward to it.

Know its a bit last minute for requests but recently I've been digging Bill Dekel MindCraft series and he gives kudos to you on his effect "Thought Dueling"

I'd really like to hear anything you have to say on the subject of psychological forcing, particularly framing / delivery and making it seem less like a process.

Thanks for your time,
Stevie
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1738 Posts

I'm looking forward to tomorrow myself. This is going to be great fun. See you all there!
dan the man
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of dan the man
Hey colin

I would love to hear your thoughts on "justifying your gaze"/ motivations for peeking information.
or mabe on how you overcame your anxiety on this topic when you started out in mentalism (if that was ever the case with you).

thank you and good luck on your lecture,
daniel
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1738 Posts

Not too long now...19 minutes.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
3 minutes and counting.....
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1765 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
If you are looking for an amazing lecture with a ton of unique, workable material with no filler this lecture is definitely for you. Colin was mind blowing to say the least and Patrick did an awesome job hosting, the lecture ran just over four hours with zero dead spots or "filler" pieces...plus you get to see my lovely mug once or twice which is worth the price of admission. It's kind of amazing to see the evolution of Colin's Bookless Test from Opening Minds to the variation he presented last night which had some brand new touches I really enjoyed and all the other material such as the memories Q&A sequence were equally strong. The moral of the story here is this, you need to go get this and if you don't like it...well...you're wrong. Smile Thanks again Colin, Patrick and Paper Crane/Penguin for a truly great lecture!

-Jakob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Colin Mcleod LIVE: Sunday March 31st, @7:00pm Eastern (Penguin LIVE) (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL