The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Colin Mcleod LIVE: Sunday March 31st, @7:00pm Eastern (Penguin LIVE) (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1347 Posts

Profile of Colin
Thanks buddy.

Glad you enjoyed it my friend.

I had a ball!!
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
Stevie Tricker
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Stevie Tricker
Very much enjoyed this, the term "embarrassment of riches" springs to mind, I fear that this set the bar very high for my expectations from a magic lecture. Though if I do any more of these penguin ones I'll need to accept the fact that I'm not watching it all live, this started at midnight in Scotland, was spectacularly late for the day job this morning but it was worth it.

I can just see Colin cringe at my current magical surname to quote the man himself "its OK to disagree with me as long as you understand why" which is a marvelous statement in any context.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1271 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
4 hours!? Nice, I will buy this soon and have my evening with Colin Smile
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1193 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
I've listened to the first hour and had to stop due to computer problems but can tell you this was worth every penny and every minute. Colin never fails to deliver. I already perform one of the effects and just getting the details and hearing his philosophy is worth so much. His thinking continues to evolve. For good practical material Colin's works are hard to beat. I can't wait to watch the next 3 hours.
Steve
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1347 Posts

Profile of Colin
Steve. When I was doing the lecture, I also got one hour in and switched off.

Thanks to everyone who's bought it.

Pretty happy with it.

It's rare I have time to share theory, normally people only want the routines, so it was nice to share that with everyone too!

X
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Well worth it for me.
Sometimes it's not just what is offered in the way of effects. But how it sparks ideas that you can run with.
After only half an hour it got my mind cogs going so much that I now have a new opener that involves the whole audience. And makes them part of the mind reading experience from the start.

And I still have about an hour to watch.

Great stuff Colin.

Steve
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
185 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
This is my first post, so first of all: Hi everyone!
I also thoroughly enjoyed the lecture, the routines as much as the theory. I know Colin already from two of his older releases and happily got new ideas to contemplate.
However, I have a question: about half way through the lecture, Colin performed his take on "Free Will". In the explanation he mentioned that in addition to the method with the you-know-what there also is a ungimmicked version the will be explained later. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find the second explanation in the rest of the lecture. I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that was simply due to the fact, that I'm not a native speaker, that the second explanation maybe just passed me by. Maybe anyone here can help? Did I miss it? If so, roughly where can it be found? Thanks in advance!

Patrick
Dave Nic
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
222 Posts

Profile of Dave Nic
The ungimmicked version I believe is called 'Remarkable Effect'. I think with all the material Colin talked about it may have slipped his mind. I do not remember seeing the ungimmicked version during the lecture. I'm sure he would be willing to share the ungimmicked version with you if you chucked him a message?..
Mister E.
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
185 Posts

Profile of Mister E.
Thanks Dave. I PM'd Colin. I'll wait and see.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1271 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Strange that there is a gimmicked and an ungimmicked free will.

"Mr. Do you believe in free will?"

"Yes..."

"And is this gimmicked or ungimmicked free will"

Just kidding Smile
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Well done Colin - a fantastic presentation which must've taken every ounce of focus and energy you had left after the flight! Nevertheless, a coherent, original and thought provoking way to spend the wee hours of the morning! I thought the idea behind the 'which hand' routine and the reworking of 'sneak thief' both offered a masterclass in how to take an effect and turn it into something that is uniquely your own- my notebooks are filling up with fresh ideas! As a secondary school teacher and coach of study skills and Personal development, I was particularly intrigued by the Tree of Knowledge concept and I will certainly look further into it- thanks again for your innovation, good humour and willingness to share with the rest of the community.
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1853 Posts

Profile of Prager
Fantastic!

:applause:
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Darby
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
236 Posts

Profile of Darby
This was a fabulous 4 hour lecture. Very well done Colin.

Colin gave great advice and structured his demonstration on how to structure an act, whether it be for stage, parlor, or impromptu close-up.

We got to see him perform his Facade version of the Bookless Book Test.

He gave a great close-up version of performing a Banachek style Q&A act. With some personalization for your own character, this is really packs small - plays huge.

I also loved his change in presentation approach of Sneak Thief. This made perfect sense and is more in line with his demonstrated powers.

At the end Colin demonstrates a variation of his Furtive Switch (that was on his Opening Minds DVD) routine. This was a thing of beauty. With a small group of people, 2 business cards and a pen (and no envelopes), Colin demonstrates how to send thoughts to 3 people, and then he reads the minds of those 3 people. There is justification for the writing and the peek. Because everyone was 'in on' the thoughts to be read, everyone is invested in the outcome. The business card handling looks so clean. There's no where for the spectator to go on how he does this.

There is much more in these 4 hours than that - but those were the biggest points I got out of it. Yes - I would have loved to hear his no-gimmick approach to Free Will as well. But this was a fantastic lecture!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3731 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
This was a fantastic lecture, those Scottish boys really know how to give a lecture. Colin and Looch have given 2 of the best lectures I've had the pleasure to view.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1347 Posts

Profile of Colin
We're proud to have Looch as a Scottish lad. :-P

I hope people realise the point of explaining a few of my actual original twists and presentations (mainly) is for inspiration for them to then make their own. I'm really big on people being original and creative towards how they present their material, as I discussed on there, and to stop blatantly ripping other people off. We should help each other and not hinder. Just my thoughts ... But I'm passionate about them.

Thanks again guys! And if you have two seconds to leave a quick review on penguin, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Col
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
May be the best penguin lecture so far
if not the best it's very close

could talk for a long time about what's inside but it's all great quality and worth getting

maybe it's to do with my personal styles (or where I come from) but I feel two of the best are Looch's and Colin's, it seems more real to me, sometimes I think the stuff taught in lectures is really basic and transparent (IMO to anyone, not just those in the know) the stuff here is great and all of a very high quality, it didn't feel like any of it was filler, great stuff.

Great value for money, and all well explained
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1683 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Anyone who has paid for this know wether you can stream it from Penguin to an iPad without downloading it and adding it to iTunes?

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3731 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I streamed it straight to my iPad.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 17:49, celebrity wrote:
Anyone who has paid for this know wether you can stream it from Penguin to an iPad without downloading it and adding it to iTunes?

Best Wishes Michael

yes, from the Penguin downloads site, don't forget to fullscreen it
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Yep I streamed it directly to the ipad too - just go to the 'my penguin magic' tab, then click on the 'learn' option next to the relevant product you have purchased - worked like a charm.
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Colin Mcleod LIVE: Sunday March 31st, @7:00pm Eastern (Penguin LIVE) (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL