The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Live DVDs for inspiration. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
What LIVE DVDs have inspired your acts?

I notice sometimes it's good to watch an act to see how one should flow and how effects should transition. Not everyone can just go and watch a magic show depending on where they live.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Etienne Pradier
David Williamson (live lectures, Magic farm)
Lots of RSVP stuff
Jeff Hobson (kills an audience of 200+ with hopping halves)
Busking DVDs (although I do not like the aggressive style of some)

I would be very clear in saying the acts should not be copied or cloned, but think that great performers with sometimes very different styles can be very educational.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Not strictly a live DVD but the performance sections of Tommy Wonder's L&L DVD set are inspirational. Also Tom Mullica's An Evening at the Tomfoolery is a lesson in how to entertain an audience. I think Doc Eason's L&L DVDs also deserve a mention. Wouldn't argue with the David Williamson recommendation above either. The performance sections on Michael Vincent's DVDs are great too. That's enough for now I think.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Stevens Greater Magic Videos now on dvd have one called "Sensational Magic Acts"..I think that's the title. You want inspiration, watch Jay Marshall or Shimada or Paul Daniels and a few more.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Watch the videos of the Derren Brown stage performances. Invaluable.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I agree with landmark, you can lear a lot fromm watching the Derren Brown DVDs.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Two of my first DVDs were
Born to Perform - Oz Pearlman
Front Row Sankey - Jay Sankey

They both excited me to see real audience/people on the streets and in a restaurant.

I truly enjoy seeing "live" dvds.

Actually, I would love to see a "live" on the streets magician online. As in truly "live" streaming....
baobow
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of baobow
Watching the casualness of Richard Osterlind has been a real treat. Other great live performances not mentioned already have been Greg Wilson,(Card Stunts and On the Spot are great), James Brown, Gary Jones, Lee Smith and most of the RSVP talent list.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Live DVDs for inspiration. (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL