The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Need help with a flower vanish (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
So, I need to vanish a flower at the end of my routine. The flower is too big for me to palm it. I can use silks, vase and others. Thanks.

RJH
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22868 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Need more information.

How long is the flower?
What is your clothing like?
Will you be standing or sitting?
Have you just produced the flower or has it been setting in a vase or has it been lying on a table?
Will this be at the end of the act also? Or is there some other actions or effects to continue with?
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
How about taking a silk and do a Flip Vanish with it? Is it too large to place against the arm?
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11159 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
In the book, "New Magic of Japan" there is a cool effect of instantly changing a flower into two silks. I used to use it in my own act. The book is apparently back in print again. Maybe worth a look.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7438 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Bill,
Has given you the parameters we need to properly advise you. I used to do a whole vanishing bouquet so one flower is not a problem. But a lot does depend on your act as it is now.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
The flower is The Real Color Changing flower by JL, just google and you'll see the lenght and others. The flower will be in the vase the hole time, at the end I will pick it up. I will have a suit, open one. It will be the end trick. I will be standing. It is too big to place against the arm, but maybe I will find a solution. I don't have time to buy anything, so if I can make something, it will be okay.

RJH
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
How about attaching it to a pull and have it go into your jacket?
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
How will I hook it up? It cant be hooked hole time.. I think

RJH
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You say you don't have time to buy anything. Do you have time to practice?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
You don't have hooked up the entire time. You have the pull or reel on a clip then, attach it as you pick up the flower. Then let go.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7438 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Well said Pete....I was thinking the same thing.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
mtpascoe
View Profile
Inner circle
1932 Posts

Profile of mtpascoe
Maybe he meant that he is not by a magic store and would have to wait for the order to be shipped and would be better if he made something. I hope he has the time to practice. And practice... and practice... and... well, you get the picture.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22868 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
A reel may be your answer, with a device to attach to the flower. Sorry, you do not have time, as it will take time to acquire the reel and proper attachment.

Last minute development will not work out when creating an act, so it is just best to leave it for another time, and do not change anything this late.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The dimisions to the flower are approximately 3.5 inches x 11 inches.

You might want to try the way magicians usually vanishes doves at the end of their acts.

Another idea is a toppit.

You can also try a well inside of a table. Cover the flower with a silk as you drop the flower. Most wells are not made that size. You will have to custom make it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Need help with a flower vanish (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL