The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Room Service (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2655 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On 2013-03-31 15:53, Roth wrote:
Coming in April from Outlaw/Gemini Artifacts & Dr. Todd Landman

Luna has a cousin, and it's the most haunted place in the United States...

Bed Wards
Beds
Private rooms
Nurse quarters
Actual patient names

If you know 1935 you will catch onto 1943 in a snap. This summer 1944 and 1945. R.S. is hardcover only. Please only refer to the book as RS or room service

For those of us who aren't familiar with Luna- what is the effect here?
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
588 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Ok, so 1935 it is. Final question, spiral bound or hard bound? which looks the most authentically 1935?
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2013-04-06 09:21, george1953 wrote:
My Lun@ arrived yesterday and I can tell you it is a wonderful prop, but do yourself a favour and get the So Dark manual as well, lots of ideas there.

Which one did you get ? There's a very helpful member here who has an app. for practicing this effect. He sent it to me last night. Another generous member sent me a ton of old Pictures to embellish this effect. I can't wait to start working on this effect! I know I have my work cut out for me.
This is my first attempt, at any kind of Mentalism. We'll not really if you count the old trick, "Crazy Cube". ;0)
hth
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2013-04-06 12:34, Darren James wrote:
I haven't used my L**a in quite sometime but it sits on a self all by itself and is the center piece in that area. Whenever someone pops over,they always seem to ask about it and must admit, I love telling the story on what it is and where I acquired it from. 1935 would be my recommendation as well but either way, you won't be let down.

Darren

How much time do you think it would take, for you to refresh your memory, and perform this effect again ?
Thanks
Ralph
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Not long at all. Maybe a week and I'd have all things remembered back and confident to perform. Partly because the background story is already with me so the hard part is technically done.

Darren
Twitter @darjames
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Mind Guerrilla, P.m sent.
James D. Miles
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Thank you Darren.
James D. Miles
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Is this thread about Lun@ or Room Service? LOL

After thinking about it, which of the two would have more impact?

We have Lun@ with crazy people, locked rooms and drugs to control the dangerous and insane.

On the other hand, we now have Room Service with it's bed pans, nurses quarters, private rooms, and bed wards.

Room Service sounds good but not as intense as Lun@ can be.

Am I wrong in thinking this way?

What are your thoughts?

Best
Ray
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2013-04-09 01:06, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Is this thread about Lun@ or Room Service? LOL

After thinking about it, which of the two would have more impact?

We have Lun@ with crazy people, locked rooms and drugs to control the dangerous and insane.

On the other hand, we now have Room Service with it's bed pans, nurses quarters, private rooms, and bed wards.

Room Service sounds good but not as intense as Lun@ can be.

Am I wrong in thinking this way?

What are your thoughts?

Best
Ray

Would you like my thoughts? Smile

First the bed pans are only in your mind, not the book.

There is a lot of empathy to be drawn from RS. There are survivors and there are those that will not survive. There are young patients that are scared, there are stage 3 patients that are resigned to a certain destiny.

There are patients that have lost hope and those that refuse to give up.

There are nurses that care very much, and some that don't.

I can't say which one Luna or RS can be played darker, I just know that for emotion, RS has it.

Of course you have a hospital that is now known as "The most h@unted place in the U.S." Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Rick,
That was a very good description of RS! You should put that on your web site, because what you just said (wrote) added so much to the overall feel.

Ray
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1452 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
I personally feel Lun* ( I have PG & L 36 ) would play a little darker as to the time frame & the way things were back then before "better" care was initiated....However, I have considered how to make RS play darker by combining this with other effects. An Outlaw's dark b0ard,SM or H0bbs b0x,etc could maybe be used to contact angry or upset spirits from RS......or how about connecting RS with a pic effect like Hampt0n Fall$ for a darker & extended performance......

Considering combining this as a start effect, then use it as a base to go into Hampt0n Fall$. RS closed in '62,HF is set at '69....so HF would play off RS very well IMO.... of course I would change HF name/location to accommodate were RS is.

Maybe even connect one of the kids to RS as his uncle was in there & passed back then and was considered a little demented with evil intentions as a patient ( which is why he was placed there by family ) & that it could have been that kids uncle's demonic ghost that they came in contact with that caused the tragic situation-haunting for HF's effect.......( of course this never happened in the real RS, but it could be a story that has been kept quiet from the general public due to not wanting bad publicity to RS as a tourist spot should anyone Google RS's history & real stories tied to it......?? )

( couldn't use HF's with Lun* series, pics seem too American,however they could have been transfer students, but CH was closed in '93 so not real down time around HF '69 to be able to use with Lun* )

Or how about Shu++erbug.....SB is in the 43 time frame & with a little imagination could connect SB & RS to create a darker & much longer performance ???!!

Just a thought to Darken RS & extend short or longer a cool performance......
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2013-04-09 09:52, Magical Dimensions wrote:
Rick,
That was a very good description of RS! You should put that on your web site, because what you just said (wrote) added so much to the overall feel.
Ray

I will ! Thanks Ray.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
PsychoHazard
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of PsychoHazard
RS sounds great. It's definitely going on my "to buy soon" list.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6718 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Yeah. This is a must-have. I'll be watching for this! Smile

Doug
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2071 Posts

Profile of gabelson
After working with Room Service for several months, I will say this book test is very underrated. Frankly, I'm shocked it is not discussed more here. Room Service has a tremendous back-story, all of which is absolutely true and can be researched on the Web. How much more could you want than a 100% authentic-looking book from an institution that's known and advertised as "the most haunted place in America"? IMHO, the apparent fairness of the spectator's selection is unmatched by any other book test. The sentence may be overused, but in my experience at least, this is as close to real mind reading as it gets.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Room Service...ROCKS !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2013-12-02 14:12, gabelson wrote:
After working with Room Service for several months, I will say this book test is very underrated. Frankly, I'm shocked it is not discussed more here. Room Service has a tremendous back-story, all of which is absolutely true and can be researched on the Web. How much more could you want than a 100% authentic-looking book from an institution that's known and advertised as "the most haunted place in America"? IMHO, the apparent fairness of the spectator's selection is unmatched by any other book test. The sentence may be overused, but in my experience at least, this is as close to real mind reading as it gets.

Thank you.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Room Service (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL