The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » BEST Self Working Card Trick with No Setup / Gimmicks (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Quote:
On 2014-01-23 23:29, Snidini wrote:
I just came across this one recently by Andrew Normansell called "High Five" and must say it is quite a fooler and looks impossible. The spectator does most of the work and gets surprising results. Easy to do but has the look and feel of real magic.

I agree it a nice one ! But there is a setup...
My proposition is Fifty-One Fat Chances by John Bannon, no setup and self-working and any incomplete trash deck will work.
The open prediction plot but presented like a game which keep the interest till the end. It uses a well-known sleight but so well hidden, I love it Smile

Best
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1255 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
Like 100 Harry Lorayne effects (just buy and read his books.)

3 Fav's:

Back In Time (Sankey)
Impromptu ACAAN (Barrie Richardson)
Timely Departure (John Bannon)
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
779 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Thanks Papa, I'll look into "Fat Chances". I love Bannons work. Can you steer me to which book or video it may be on? Thanks.
Jeremini
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Jeremini
Gemini Twins. It still rocks!
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16946 Posts

Profile of joseph
Quote:
On 2014-02-01 12:43, TheMag1cian wrote:
Like 100 Harry Lorayne effects (just buy and read his books.)

amen ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
cigmas
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of cigmas
51 Fat Chances is in Bannon's book Open and Notorious published in 2009
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
651 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Quote:
On 2014-02-02 17:48, cigmas wrote:
51 Fat Chances is in Bannon's book Open and Notorious published in 2009

And also his book "High Caliber" ;-)

best
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
122 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
John Scarne had a book in the 50's I think. It was chock full of tricks that were self-working. I think it was called Scarne on Cards.
Anybody familiar with it?
Mike the Magician
merlin2812
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
Concerning Con Cam Coincedincia...
a really good one! A real shuffled deck that can be borrowed... not difficult sleight or procedures... A real moment of magic if you can manage the people involved.
I just don't like the trailer that is in my opinion not so honnest... I understand you can't show the hole procedure to avoid backtracking, but the way it is shown is really (in a magician point of view) more magical than it is, so you could be disappointed.
However, a great trick!!!!

merlin
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
About the "Con Cam Coincedincia"'s trailer I can assure you that it´s not honnest at all!!!
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2531 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Quote:
On 2014-02-06 09:01, merlin2812 wrote:
Concerning Con Cam Coincedincia...
a really good one! A real shuffled deck that can be borrowed... not difficult sleight or procedures... A real moment of magic if you can manage the people involved.
I just don't like the trailer that is in my opinion not so honnest... I understand you can't show the hole procedure to avoid backtracking, but the way it is shown is really (in a magician point of view) more magical than it is, so you could be disappointed.
However, a great trick!!!!

merlin

You're right; the trailer is 'dishonest.' As it turns out, when I'm performing, I'm dishonest as well. It comes with the territory!

So, without tipping the method, how would you modify the trailer?
"I don't teach people stories about the coyote for them to tell. I AM the coyote. They tell stories about me."

-Pop Haydn
merlin2812
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of merlin2812
I like your point of view BarryFernelius! Of course we are not completely honnest when performing! ;-)
Concerning the trailer, the only point that didn't seem completely fair, is the cut between the dealing procedure and the revelation... You see in the video what you wish the spectator to remember after: dealind the cards, stopping anywhere, revealing the last card dealt. That's not exactly what happens. No complains here, now the question of how to modify the trailer... you could keep it the way it is, but just add a short text of warning. Like the one in the video when you buy it, saying that the hole procedure won't be shown.
An other example, the video doesn't show how the 4 packages are made for each spectator, that doesn't botter me since they don't show it at all. If the video would show some spectator dividing the packet in 4 himself, then a cut (where the magician could touch the cards) then you see each spectator dealing the cards, I wouldn't be happy about that! That's the kind of feeling I have about the end of the video.

merlin

P.S For those afraid of the dealing procedures that was cut, nothing complicated at all!
WilburrUK
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of WilburrUK
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 19:11, virtualwizard wrote:
John Scarne had a book in the 50's I think. It was chock full of tricks that were self-working. I think it was called Scarne on Cards.
Anybody familiar with it?

That's Scarne on Card TRICKS. And yes, I have it - some good stuff in there. Including what was (for me) my first encounter with the 10 card poker deal. I think it's called The Dean's Poker Deal, or something similar.

Scarne on cards is a different book, about rules of games and cheating at cards.
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
255 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
Gemini Twins
Karl Fulves books

Will have to check out Con Cam Coincedincia!
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
Quote:
On 2014-02-07 22:28, ablanathanalba wrote:

Will have to check out Con Cam Coincedincia!

It's a waste of time!!!!
gcrash
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of gcrash
I bought Con Cam Coincedincia several weeks ago- great effect.
If the entire effect was shown on the trailer it would be obvious- to magicians.
This is a terrific effect for layman. They don't stand a chance. I do nothing and stuff happens, is what they remember.
Obvious to you and me, but not them.
Gary
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
258 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
I read/followed along to 'Your Other Half' in Woody Aragon's book, and I felt like the book was possessed by evil, supernatural powers...

And then I saw a video of Eric Jones performing it with a group at a convention and my suspicions were confirmed.

Really, really strong piece of impromptu, self-working magic.

RS.
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
Raymond Singson where can we see this presentation???
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
474 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
RSchlutz, thanks for your help!!! Good effect indeed!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » BEST Self Working Card Trick with No Setup / Gimmicks (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL