The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » BEST Self Working Card Trick with No Setup / Gimmicks (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
balic2003
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of balic2003
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2014, KokoB wrote:
Los Angeles by Howard Hamburg, so much fun & no set up needed.

hi KokoB,

where can this effect be found (book/dvd)?
thanks!
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Three for Two in Simply Simon by Aronson. Hands off, three almost-free choices. The part that's fun as a magician fooler is a Balducci force with no second cut deeper. Drives 'em crazy.
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Stolen Cards
Overkill
4 Times A Charm (Martini's Magic)
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
Sorry, I guess there's somewhat of a setup for the 3 I just mentioned. Also, the Mastermind deck (I know- gimmicks) is such a killer self worker and the spectator never wants to see the cards because they look at the entire deck the whole time.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
"Impossible divination 2" by Larry Jennings ! Any deck and test condition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ4NwpDXyEg

Nicolas
David Martin
View Profile
Regular user
East Lyme, CT
118 Posts

Profile of David Martin
A go to for me that has been pure gold is Simon Aronson's "Self Control" concept and the effect "Self Control Lie Speller" from the Aronson Approach. It's utterly fair and they do everything from a shuffled deck. A lot of impossible mentalism with cards is possible just with that one concept.

David
nwanstall
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of nwanstall
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2013, a brown 1968 wrote:
Hello everyone ,

I have often been told that self working card tricks with no gimmicks are dull, repetitive and only for hobbyists or newbies and not real workers.

Personally I have never prescribed to this general point of view . However the proof is in the pudding as they say and so I put together am effect which met the following criteria .

Borrowed shuffled deck
No gimmicks
No manipulation to the cards I.e nail nicks , cri*ps etc
Another vote for The Crusade. It really is an amazing effect. Totally worth the money. Also, U. F. Grant's Nu Way Out Of This World is a great, sleight free, completely impromptu version o
No stooging or duality
No set up
No memorisation
Spectators can burn your hands
Pretty much impossible to back track

The above are the standard criteria met but I wanted to set a higher bar

That leaves a long lasting impression on the audience
When asked for a repeat performance it can be done with no fear of the audience becoming any the wiser as to how the impossible is done
An effect good enough for a pro to put in their working repertoire

The effect in question is "The Crusade " and already has a 7 page thread in the latest and greatest with numerous reviews and testimonials which show an ungimmcked self worker can stand equal to a sleight of hand effect

What I did no expect was for the effect to be doing so well on the best magic release of 2013 .

Long live the self worker !!!

Andrew

Another vote for The Crusade. It really is an amazing effect. Totally worth the money. Also, U. F. Grant's Nu Way Out Of This World is a great, sleight free, completely impromptu out of this world. Again, totally worth the money (only $3.00!!!).
LesL
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of LesL
I've recently been intrigued with some of the work of the mathemagician Colm Mulcahy. "Three Scoops Ice Cream" uses his Low Down Triple Dealing shuffle. Restore a deck to NDO with four of these shuffles using two numbers called out by specs (Low Down Double Dealing). Google "Card Colm" to see the methods and discussion ala Martin Gardiner style.
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
471 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Thank you for the vote of confidence in Crusade

Atlas and I greatly appreciate it

Andrew
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Quote:
On May 17, 2013, magicfish wrote:
Not telling

Good one, Magicfish!

As for myself, I can perform a pretty mind-boggling OOTW with someone else's shuffled deck.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
E.E.
View Profile
Inner circle
Look mom, I have
1534 Posts

Profile of E.E.
A do as I do effect
Professional mentalist and digital artist for mystery performers. check out my work at www.facebook.com/EverElizaldeArtStudio
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Paul Wilson's "Con Cam Coincidencia" has been recommended numerous times in this thread.

Shin Lim performed this routine on the final episode of America's Got Talent last year, and he also performed it shortly afterwards on Ellen.

Here are clips of both his "Con Cam Coincidencia" performances:

Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
750 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Quote:
On May 5, 2013, Bulla wrote:
Just a plea for future posters, Can you please stop posting asking about the "BEST" etc...
It doesn't exist. Everyone has a different opinion and therefore it comes down to personal taste.
A better way to word it is to ask about Good or Practical methods/tricks regarding something.

Seconded.
Use the FORCE Luke.
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I like Paul Gordon's Eight of Diamonds trick.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Just scanned through this thread. Nice to see at least a few (not newbies) read the "good stuff" - and even recommend them, like...

"100 Harry Lorayne effects (just buy and read his books.)"
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
MaXiMoN
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
125 Posts

Profile of MaXiMoN
Hello,

John Bannon's Move Zero DVDs are pure genius, it's what I've been waiting for.
I'm obsessing over "Sort of psychic" after seeing the explanation, and I heard there is a new version in his Fire when ready.
Can anyone confirm that?

Max.
Silversleights04
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, Texas
184 Posts

Profile of Silversleights04
Pre-pre-figuration, I learned it from Mark Elsdon's Penguin Live Lecture. Great impromptu predicted spell-to-card four of a kind production.
-Magic sees Magic-

-Marco V-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » BEST Self Working Card Trick with No Setup / Gimmicks (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL