We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Bermuda Medallion by Steve Cook, Magic Wagon & Tony Curtis Magic (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3222 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
This is a wonderful piece!I look forward to get this asap and coming from Steve I know is very clever!
My mind is already spinning of presentation ideas Smile
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 14:41, Christopher Williams wrote:
Order in!

+ 1 for me too!

CHRIS
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3958 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
How many customed made envelopes and authenticity slips does it comes with? After the envelopes are used up, do you have to order re-fills or can you use ready made envelopes?
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1624 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 22:00, magicinsight wrote:
How many customed made envelopes and authenticity slips does it comes with? After the envelopes are used up, do you have to order re-fills or can you use ready made envelopes?

The Bermuda Medallion comes with 20 custom made envelopes but the flaps tuck inside so don’t need any glue and can be reused. We will also be making some more for people to order at a later date.

Tony.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
958 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 06:30, caigy wrote:
I have had the honour of watching Steve develop his superb variation of Koran's Medallion over the last 12 months or so, and more recently, seen the beautiful production quality of the props from Tony Curtis and Magic Wagon.
Instead of stating that the chosen three digit number is 'engraved' on the reverse of the medallion, Steve Cook's version openly shows the number was predicted in the form of the 'limited edition number', printed on a folded 'authenticity slip'. This unique prediction is removed by a spectator from a sealed mini-envelope, which has been in full view within the Bermuda Triangle Medallion presentation box throughout and can be kept by them as a momento of the unexplainable experience they were witness to.
There are some very nice subtleties and nuances (look closely at the advertising image above), which I will not go into at this pre-launch stage but suffice to say, this modern day twist of a classic effect, is a practical, interesting and baffling effect, which is ideal for close-up, cabaret or stage presentation.
There will only be a limited number of these produced...so get one..you will use it!!

Paul Mc.

Thank you for the info Paul, this does sound very nice.

Is this accurate though "...printed on a folded 'authenticity slip'?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12354 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 13:02, IAIN wrote:
I am sorely tempted...will try and talk myself out of it over the next fortnight, then if there's any left - I may give in...

I'm with you on this one. I think I'll go back to bed and think about it. I wish I didn't have kids, I'd push submit right away. I love this kind of stuff.

J

PS: No, I'm glad I have kids.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Steve Cook
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Steve Cook
Just to clarify things further regarding 'The Bermuda Medallion'. The box is opened and shown to contain a medallion and a small sealed envelope, both of which can be openly displayed. They are left inside the box, which itself, is then left in full view. A randomly chosen spectator chooses any number between 1-1,000 (or you can mentally 'send' him say a three-digit number). After some intriguing patter(without getting bogged-down in procedure), the box is opened and the envelope is again shown back and front and then opened. The spectator removes a printed 'authenticity slip' from inside the envelope. The spectator reads aloud what is printed on the slip. The slip confirms the medallion as being a limited edition, and the number of this particular medallion (on the slip) matches the number freely chosen by the spectator(s)! The spectator can keep the slip as a small souvenir. There is no force of the number(s), the chosen number(s) can be different every time, there are no stooges, no cues, no electronics, no nail writers and no carbons. There is also a 'special something' included which adds enormously to the impact of the effect, but you'll have to purchase the effect to find out! I honestly believe the effect to be: novel, intriguing, very entertaining and totally baffling! It is an expensive effect to produce, hence the retail price, but then again, quality never comes cheap! I hope the above answers any questions that prospective purchasers may have, as I don't think it fair (or justified) to commit myself further. I'm sure that any discerning performer will appreciate that point. Remember, that this effect, is itself, produced in a very limited edition... when they've gone, they've GONE!!! THERE WILL BE NO MORE!!! Many thanks to all those who have shown initial interest in 'The Bermuda Medallion', it is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
caigy
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1147 Posts

Profile of caigy
Thank you for the info Paul, this does sound very nice.

Is this accurate though "...printed on a folded 'authenticity slip'?
[/quote]

Hi David,
at the risk of partial exposure, my description is totally accurate, especially when comparing the word 'printed', to the word 'engraved'. The authenticity slip is folded and inside an envelope, sealed, or with the flap tucked in, whichever you prefer.
Again, I would encourage you to look closely at the advertising image, for a very convincing subtlety.

Paul Mc.
Exclusive Worldwide Supplier of the Grismer Lock.

Top Class, Individually Crafted Performance Pieces, For The Discerning Psychological Entertainer

www.psychicmentality.com
https://virya-uk.com/
BatsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1052 Posts

Profile of BatsMagic
I don't know if this question can be answered here, but I am interested in this and need to know before I purchase.

How easy is it to get the spectators chosen number on the authenticity slip? It certainly doesn't happen on it's own (or does it?), so does the work that needs to be done happen smoothly or not?

It looks like this comes with something else that is a new product of Tony's that is needed to do the dirty work. I don't want to say any more, but it's got to be.

:bat:
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1624 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 19:42, BatsMagic wrote:
I don't know if this question can be answered here, but I am interested in this and need to know before I purchase.

How easy is it to get the spectators chosen number on the authenticity slip? It certainly doesn't happen on it's own (or does it?), so does the work that needs to be done happen smoothly or not?

It looks like this comes with something else that is a new product of Tony's that is needed to do the dirty work. I don't want to say any more, but it's got to be.

:bat:

If you study the image closely it will reveal the answer to your question. By that I mean all of the items that are shown play a part in presenting the effect.

Tony
dking66
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of dking66
Got it! Very, very nice! Props are masterful and first-class, as is the routine!
Tony Curtis
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1624 Posts

Profile of Tony Curtis
Quote:
On 2013-04-11 18:47, dking66 wrote:
Got it! Very, very nice! Props are masterful and first-class, as is the routine!

Many thanks for your kind comments.

Tony
erichoudini
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of erichoudini
I was just fortunate enough to purchase a Bermuda Medallion effect by Magic Wagon, on the secondary market. As I await it, I am wondering if there is anywhere that I might see a performance of the Bermuda Medallion? I know that Tony Curtis indicated in a post from quite some time ago that refill envelopes would be available and I am also wondering if these exist. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Eric.
erichoudini
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of erichoudini
My Bermuda Medallion effect has arrived, complete and in beautiful condition. My initial reading of the three pages of instructions, especially concerning the preparation of the Authenticity Slips leaves me somewhat unsure of my ability to properly set up the effect. I have just P.M.’d Mr. Curtis and Mr. Brooks asking if there are any video tutorials on setting up or preparing the effect and or any videos of performances and hopefully they will be able to help me. In the meantime, I thought I would ask any owners and performers of the Bermuda Medallion if they could please P.M. me with instructions/guidelines to preparing the effect and performing it? I have photocopied the page of Authenticity slips so that if I mess up on the original preparation, I have spares. I am hoping that someone might have done a video tutorial on the Bermuda Medallion. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Eric.
erichoudini
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of erichoudini
Sorry, I meant to say I P.M.’d Mr. Cook rather than Mr. Brooks re the Bermuda Medallion effect.
Eric.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Bermuda Medallion by Steve Cook, Magic Wagon & Tony Curtis Magic (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL