The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » TV Shows That Float Around In "Never Never Land" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 00:29, Destiny wrote:
The Guns of Will Sonnett - just to hear Walter Brennon's voice.

Believe it or not, that has been on recently. May still be.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
F-Troop - never cared for it - too young when it was on, and never was big on re-runs on my stations.

McMillan and Wife - one of those shows my mom liked, but I never saw much of

Kojak
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Kojak is another older series that is rerun nightly on MeTV. (12:30 AM here in Seattle)
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-04-04 00:14, Bob1Dog wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 19:33, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 18:02, Bob1Dog wrote:
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
The Rat Patrol
The Honeymooners
The Fugitive

I could go on and on.....

You can watch The Fugitive and The Honeymooners on MeTV. "Sunday Night Noir" on the station starts at 11PM and includes two episodes of the Twilight Zone, The Fugitive, Naked City, Peter Gunn and Mr. Lucky.

Thanks for that Bob, though I don't have MeTV on our satellite selection. Will have to look for/ask for it though. Naked City was great too. If I remember correctly there was an NBC series that followed it called Thriller, hosted by Boris Karloff at 9pm EST which were strange mysterious stories.

Believe it or not, Thriller is still on in reruns- not sure which station, but I just saw a classic episode a few weeks ago titled "The Blue Room." Excellent ghost story. Other nightly reruns on MeTV include Rod Serling's Night Gallery, Mission Impossible, Combat and 12 o'Clock High. They show them, as they do the Twilight Zone and Perry Mason, in the same order that they were originally telecast.

Another great series they show at about six in the morning on Sunday is Dobie Gillis, which starred Dwayne Hickman as Dobie and Bob Denver, in the pre-Gilligan role that made him famous, hapless beatnik Maynard G. Krebs. (Those who remember the show will recall that the middle initial "G" stood for "Walter.")
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I can't believe what I'm missing! I have to look for this stuff. I remember Maynard D. Krebbs but I'd forgotten his middle name was Walter. Th-a-a-a-t's funny! Remember the Rodin sculpture of The Thinker? And wasn't Dwayne's brother Darryl the star of the western Sugarfoot?
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

I think Darryl Hickman is primarily know for his work in movies, mainly for films he did as a child actor. But he did appear occasionally on Dobie Gillis as Dobie's older brother Davey.

The star of Sugarfoot was Will Hutchins. I remember that the show alternated with another of my favorite westerns, Cheyenne (Clint Walker) and, later, with Bronco Lane (Ty Hardin).
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
When I was in Birmingham, I got Retro-TV. It played 1950's shows like Sea Hunt, Highway Patrol, Laredo, Peter Gunn, Wagon Train, etc. I also remember shows from early 1960's during the era of cold war, James Bond, etc., with shows like The Avengers, and Honey West.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 17:54, mastermindreader wrote:
ME TV reruns quite a few of the old classics, among them "Car 54 Where Are You?" and "The Phil Silvers Show" (aka "Sgt. Bilko"), two classics by Nate Hiken that pretty much created the mold for ensemble style sitcoms.

I wish they'd show "Have Gun, Will Travel."

I use my DVR to record some of "The Phil Silvers Show" and all of "Have Gun, Will Travel". I'm not sure what channel "Have Gun, Will Travel" is on, maybe the Western Channel on Direct-TV.

Even though I own the entire series of "Dennis The Menace" (on bootleg DVD's), I wish it would come back on TV, as well as "Leave It To Beaver".

I would like to see "Amos & Andy" come back to TV (I have 78 episodes on DVD's)as well as "Sky King" and "Rin Tin Tin".
Others are:
"The Magician"
"The Magic Land Of Alakazam" (I have one DVD)
"Magic Circus" (never got to see a single show)
"My Mother The Car"
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Sky King.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
Roger. Over. Songbird out.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
"Sky King to Penny, Sky King to Penny. Come in Penny".

Almost forgot "Chuck Jones the Magic Man". Chuck Jones hosted "The Felix the Cat Show", doing fantastic Magic between cartoons.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Who can forget Froggy's magic twanger, on Andy Devine's show?
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 03:24, mastermindreader wrote:
I think Darryl Hickman is primarily know for his work in movies, mainly for films he did as a child actor. But he did appear occasionally on Dobie Gillis as Dobie's older brother Davey.

The star of Sugarfoot was Will Hutchins. I remember that the show alternated with another of my favorite westerns, Cheyenne (Clint Walker) and, later, with Bronco Lane (Ty Hardin).

Wow, my memory fades; I could have sworn Daryl Hickman was in Sugarfoot. But Will Hutchins is the guy now that you mention it.

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5957 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 00:48, Bob1Dog wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 00:29, Destiny wrote:
The Guns of Will Sonnett - just to hear Walter Brennon's voice.

Speaking of Walter Brennan, how about The Real McCoys.........
A lot of people don't know it, bot Walter won 3 Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actor
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-04-04 12:44, Woland wrote:

"Hiya kids! Hiya, hiya, hija!"

"Pluck your magic twanger, Froggy!!"

And not to forget Midnight the Cat!

It's Andy's Gang! (One of the most distorted kiddie shows every produced and an all-time favorite.)
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Garrison's Guerillas
The Patty Duke Show
The Real McCoys
McKeever & the Colonel
Superman (Reeves)
Zorro (Disney)
Law Man
Laredo
Peter Gunn
Route 66
H.G. Wells' The Invisible Man (British series)
The Soupy Sales Show
MCHales's Navy
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3987 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
"When Things Were Rotten"

I believe it was a Mel Brooks show, set in Robin Hood days, it was about the worst TV show I have ever seen, and that's saying a lot from someone you watched it as a young teenager.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11161 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
COMBAT!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 18:59, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 12:44, Woland wrote:

"Hiya kids! Hiya, hiya, hija!"

"Pluck your magic twanger, Froggy!!"

And not to forget Midnight the Cat!

It's Andy's Gang! (One of the most distorted kiddie shows every produced and an all-time favorite.)

Froggy was one of the funniest characters on TV at the time.

And since we're talking about Andy Devine, how about him as Guy Madison's sidekick, "Hey Wild Bill, wait for me!" in Wild Bill Hickock? Then there was Annie Oakley, Hoppalong Cassidy and the Cisco Kid, yikes!

motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5957 Posts

Profile of motown
The Avengers
Then Came Bronson
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » TV Shows That Float Around In "Never Never Land" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL