The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » TV Shows That Float Around In "Never Never Land" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Frazier Thomas as the host of "Family Classics".
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
841 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Going back a ways: Your Show of Shows (Sid Caesar and Imogene Coca); Ernie Kovacs; Texaco Star Theater (Milton Berle), Kukla Fran and Ollie, Captain Video, and of course Howdy Doody. And I was alive when all these shows were new; in fact I was alive when TV was new and only one family in our neighborhood had one. One channel. I would love to see reruns of the first three; they would have to be converted from kinescope, if they exist at all. Oh and I remember falling asleep watching John Cameron Swayze read the nightly news, which I believe was right after Captain Video.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Thanks, Bob. I was hoping someone would mention that virtuosic violinist, Midnight!

Not to mention the great serials Andy showed, many of them set in India.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4930 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 21:16, Steve_Mollett wrote:

The Soupy Sales Show

One of my heroes:

Hey, do de Mouse, yeh
Hey, you can do it in your house, yeh.

Here's a bit of trivia--what was the name of the genius who did the voices of all the offstage characters including White Fang and Black Tooth?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP1_F9zEF7o
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Couple I remember wrere "The Fugitive" with David Jansen, and "Secret Agent Man"

Great old shows , never to see the light of day again, along with "Voyage to The Bottom Of The Sea" and "The Time Tunnel"
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4930 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 02:13, Bob1Dog wrote:
I remember Maynard D. Krebbs but I'd forgotten his middle name was Walter. Th-a-a-a-t's funny! Remember the Rodin sculpture of The Thinker?

You rang?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4930 Posts

Profile of landmark
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
MacGyver... Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 23:21, Bob1Dog wrote:

And since we're talking about Andy Devine, how about him as Guy Madison's sidekick, "Hey Wild Bill, wait for me!" in Wild Bill Hickock? Then there was Annie Oakley, Hoppalong Cassidy and the Cisco Kid, yikes!

And the Sheriff in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" running up a huge tab for all the Steak dinner's he was most likely never to pay for.

Don't remember him in Hoppalong Cassidy. I do remember Hoppy's sidekick California who in one episode tried to figure out how the vanished coin ended up in a little bag in a nest of boxes (penny in the matchbox). I got the chance to meet William Boyd once in Palm Springs when I was about 10 years old. It was a truly magical moment for me.

Another show I would like to see come back is "Sea Hunt" starring Lloyd Bridges.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-04-05 07:25, daffydoug wrote:
Couple I remember wrere "The Fugitive" with David Jansen, and "Secret Agent Man"

Great old shows , never to see the light of day again, along with "Voyage to The Bottom Of The Sea" and "The Time Tunnel"

"Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" is on MeTV every Saturday night at midnight, right after "Svengoolie." "The Fugitive" is shown on Sunday nights.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5957 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2013-04-05 17:15, irossall wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-04 23:21, Bob1Dog wrote:

And since we're talking about Andy Devine, how about him as Guy Madison's sidekick, "Hey Wild Bill, wait for me!" in Wild Bill Hickock? Then there was Annie Oakley, Hoppalong Cassidy and the Cisco Kid, yikes!

And the Sheriff in "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" running up a huge tab for all the Steak dinner's he was most likely never to pay for.

Don't remember him in Hoppalong Cassidy. I do remember Hoppy's sidekick California who in one episode tried to figure out how the vanished coin ended up in a little bag in a nest of boxes (penny in the matchbox). I got the chance to meet William Boyd once in Palm Springs when I was about 10 years old. It was a truly magical moment for me.

Another show I would like to see come back is "Sea Hunt" starring Lloyd Bridges.
Iven Smile
One steak, on the cuff.

Don't forget Andy was in Stagecoach. Ford hired him because he knew how to handle a 6 horse rig.
Great character actor.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
"Hey wild Bill, wait for me!!"

Man, that takes me waaaaaaay back! I was just a little boy, but I remember that so vividly!

I also remember my folks takkng me to a park to see Chuck Comnors, the "Rifleman" I got to stand next to him, and I craned my neck to look up to see his face, and I swear I was looking up at a tall ponderosa pine.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
536 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Quote:
On 2013-04-03 22:42, daffydoug wrote:
Nobody has mentioned "Hawaii Five O" yet. I can just hear the theme music now.

And "Mission Impossible" & "Get Smart"

*sigh*

MeTV also airs Hawaii Five-O every day at noon. Mission Impossible is on late at night, and so is Get Smart. You fellows have got to get MeTV. http://metvnetwork.com/schedule.php
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2013-04-05 16:14, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
MacGyver... Smile

Sometimes I forget that this isn't facebook and I can't "like" posts.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Speaking of Richard Dean Anderson, I used to love that sci fi show he was on called "Stargate" I don't see that around anymore.
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
571 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Quote :
Here's a bit of trivia--what was the name of the genius who did the voices of all the offstage characters including White Fang and Black Tooth?

Bluetooth ?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4930 Posts

Profile of landmark
Hee-hee.
Well, due to the overwhelming curiosity, here it is: Frank Nastasi.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
I was thinking it was Clyde Adler.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Man, Woman, Birth, Death, Infiniity.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » TV Shows That Float Around In "Never Never Land" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL