The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Looking for a partner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Entertainer artist
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of Entertainer artist
Hello

Some of you might know me as the person who does creative design for magicians. I have done work for those in North America, the UK and Australia, but apart from the occasional couple of people I have done work for outside of those areas, I have not done much work for those in mainland Europe, Asia, South America or Africa. Those of you who do know me, know that I already work all day and night, so what I was wondering, is if anyone would like to work with me, like an agent I suppose, helping me expand into new countries. If so, drop me a PM

Scott
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Great work Scott!!!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
If you mean you are looking to do more artwork for other parts of the world, you would then have to look into advertising your product. The language barrier comes into play at this point. If you are not fluent these other languages, how could you design something without knowing the language and culture.

In increasing business in any field the answer is exposure, and lots of it. Having a reputation and letting others know of your reputation.

If it is for your artwork, then why are you posting in a magician forum, when you should be posting in an artist forum, that is where people look for artist that do promotional designs.

In my opinion, most people that would be adapt at promoting, usually promotes themselves first, and others get the leftovers, or work that the agent cannot fulfill.
Entertainer artist
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Thanks Magic Joe

Hello Bill. I do a lot of work for Magicians in the US, UK and Australia but I would like to expand into non-english speaking countries and yes, the language is a barrier. I can certainly get around that, things like Google translate works rather well. However, if there were magicians on this site from European, south American and Asian countries that would like to work with me, to help me expand into those areas, that would be great. I imagine we could work together like an illustration agency represents an artist. A partner would find people who would like to use my services and then they take a % or add on top their fee. Here are some examples of the work that I do for people

Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7514 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Here's a question that occurred to me when I saw Mike Norden's (new) website home page.

First off, I should mention that it looks fantastic.

However, why did you spell "humor" without the "u", and spell "behaviour" with the "u", for Mike? Why aren't they consistent? One is the Canadian / British way, and the other is the American way. It looked odd to me at first glance.

I guess what I'm asking is, was it intentional or an accidental oversight?

(For those who don't know, Mike is a fellow Canadian, so I was expecting the Canadian / British spelling. Or if he used the American spelling, I was expecting them to be the same for both words.)

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Entertainer artist
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Hello Donald

Thanks. In regards to the text, I'm not sure of all the ways that words are spelt differently in North America, so I posted what I was asked to post up, all the text was supplied
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Donald
Scott is from England which is where the English language came from. Scott should be asking us what the hell have we do with his language.

Scott Evans designed my LOGO, my 2012 Christmas card, and my new web sight http://www.juggleral.com I highly recommend his excellent work, and fantastic prompt service.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
John Martin
View Profile
Inner circle
1016 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Donald should get Scott to do his site, as he's spelled favourite several times without the U. LOL. God Bless the Queen.

John
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7514 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Thanks for the clarification, Scott.

Also, thanks for the help, John. I'll try to get those fixed soon.

It's good to know that websites still work to bring in the shows, despite the occassional international spelling differences. Like I said, Scott, you did a great job on Mike's artwork, as well as your work for other entertainers.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Robin4Kids
View Profile
Veteran user
Lower Alabama
396 Posts

Profile of Robin4Kids
Hey Scott! If you are looking for someone to market your design services in the U.S., I would certainly be interested. I have owned an advertising & marketing firm for the past 24 years (The Image Agency) and have several designers with unique skills not available from my staff that I use for projects. Just let me know if you would be interested. Robin Rainer
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Your work is outstanding Scot. I love the logo you made for me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Looking for a partner (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL