The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cold reading applied to sales and business negotiation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
7th_Son
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
437 Posts

Profile of 7th_Son
Patrick,

You said:

"So here is my advice: Do not try to manipulate your customers (I bet you do not want to be manipulated yourself)."

I prefer to use the terms "persuasion" & "influence", rather than "manipulation".

While similar, manipulation has a very negative connotation, while persuation and influence is something everyone does almost every day.

However, your points are taken.
"Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet!" - Groucho Marx
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
The Webster and Dewey stuff is real hard to get a hold of
The only webster stuff I managed to get was two CD's of him talking about cold reading
I'm looking and can't find anything
Dr.Morton
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Dr.Morton
Peter,
since English is not my native tongue, I may appear a little blunt at times, sorry for that.
Patrick
It is not enough to be without thoughts,
one should also be unable to express them.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Business sales is more to do with empathy than anything - you're trying to match the buyer so he thinks you're like him a lot of the time, therefore what you say is valid

Cold reading in the psychic reading sense isn't that at all. It's more to do with creating a sense of percieved value in what you're saying even though initially you may have been off track
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
The NLP book that would fill the order here is called:

Persuasion Engineering by Richard Bandler

This book is not a teach in. It is designed to give you a sales edge and some tips and lines, while it programs 'you'

It might give you a freaky dream sequence the night you finish reading it. Don't complain to me.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
hkwiles
View Profile
Special user
Howard Wiles
797 Posts

Profile of hkwiles
Having spent 30 years in sales (Electronic Equipment)I second the advice given earlier. Remember Clients are buying a product becuase it solves a problem or satisfies a need.Find out the problem(need)..just ASK them if its not apparent!!. Then show/explain how your product/service satisfies these needs and what benefits it gives them.
A good exercise to practice is...
when giving and answer or feature say to your self "so what?".. you must always give a reason why the feature is of use/benefit to the customer.
Back to the main question..forget CR ....PEOPLE buy from PEOPLE.. its all about RAPPORT . I highly recommend

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie its and OLDIE but GOLDIE.

Howard
AlexWong
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of AlexWong
Rex, I misinterpreted to mean that you hold wonder readings on your site because you are a partner to its development. And... due to the "And" linkage... <grin>.... Great to see you here Smile

Oh yes, do let me have more informaiton on those product that you have, it sounds wonderful, would be great if you could PM more more information.

Bandler's Persuasion Engineering did cause any weird dreams for me.... hmm, he has this neuro-sonics or neuro-synergy tapes.... ah... those were weird....
xersekis
View Profile
Special user
591 Posts

Profile of xersekis
I agree -bottom line is rapport. You show a genuine interest and respect for them first and they are likely to return it. You listen intently and they are likely to. You match and mirror, verbally pace - and they are likely to get in sync. You match and meet their criteria, their values, their beliefs, their rules, their internal processing strategies and their abitlity to make sense and understanding - you use their preferences and they are likely to count you as someone they trust, maybe like, and understand. You will seem as an old dear friend. Rapport first - and there are many means to creat rapport but it first and foremost starts with a genuine respectful interest.

CR and pacing language can assist in the process or powerfully enhance the process when already initiated.
But when they turly know you have their best interests in your heart - they are likely to follow you anywhere. So realize that when someone is in your influence they are in your care.

Enjoy!
Rex
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Cold reading applied to sales and business negotiation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL