The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your children belong to the State (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-04-07 21:45, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-07 21:28, Woland wrote:
He didn't say they were the State's children, now, did he?

If the State can have dominion over a fetus in the womb of a woman, why not her child?
yea
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I am so-o-o-o glad that my wife and I decided early on not to have children. Just my wife and me. The rest of the folks who would place demands upon us on how we should live our lives be d*m*ed
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Quote:
If the State can have dominion over a fetus in the womb of a woman, why not her child?

The eggs of the loggerhead sea turtle are protected by Federal law. Why not Homo sapiens?
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Woland never said he believed the story. It would be much more productive to show evidence proving one wrong in their opinions rather than poking fun at the person.

I enjoy topics such as U.F.O's, Bigfoot etc... Doesn't mean I buy into the stories (doesn't mean I don't either) just makes for fun conversations.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 06:48, Woland wrote:
Quote:

The eggs of the loggerhead sea turtle are protected by Federal law. Why not Homo sapiens?

I can make neither tails nor heads of this reply.

Best I can tell you mean either:

1) Sea turtle eggs are not human, and therefore may be subject to govt law. In this case, I would then ask, if you believe in the govt's right to make laws about human fetuses, then do you consider a human fetus in the same category as a sea turtle egg?

or

2) Embryos of any species are inherently subject to governance, while once born they are not. In that case, do you believe that sea turtle children and adults should be free of any government regulation?

or

3) Human embryos should be subject to govt. regulation, but children and adults should not be. In which case there was no need for the sea turtles to be invoked at all.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-04-07 23:42, Bob1Dog wrote:
I am so-o-o-o glad that my wife and I decided early on not to have children. Just my wife and me. The rest of the folks who would place demands upon us on how we should live our lives be d*m*ed

Agree 100% with you there, Bob1Dog. There are some folks who think you're evil if you're married but not procreating.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
If the "State" wants to....you're dead.
Dennis Michael
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 08:53, landmark wrote:
Quote:

Agree 100% with you there, Bob1Dog. There are some folks who think you're evil if you're married but not procreating.

And of course, there are some who think you're evil if you ARE procreating.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well my wife and I are only having 3 kids that is for certain.

I read an article where 1 out of every 4 babies born is Chinese. We don't even speak the language or nothin. Cant take that kind of chance. Not fair to the kid.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 10:30, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who would that be? I can't think of any organized group that thinks so.

Edit: I apologize. There are many conservatives who think that people who are poor should not be procreating. There are Neo-Nazis and the like who think that non-whites should not be procreating. Sorry, I didn't think it through.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 12:57, landmark wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 10:30, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Who would that be? I can't think of any organized group that thinks so.

Edit: I apologize. There are many conservatives who think that people who are poor should not be procreating. There are Neo-Nazis and the like who think that non-whites should not be procreating. Sorry, I didn't think it through.

Well, my mother never said we were evil, but being her first born, she did hound my wife and I for years about not making her a grandmother. It got old real quick. Then my sister and brother obliged her.

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 12:42, Dannydoyle wrote:
Well my wife and I are only having 3 kids that is for certain.

I read an article where 1 out of every 4 babies born is Chinese. We don't even speak the language or nothin. Cant take that kind of chance. Not fair to the kid.

Yeah but one of the three could still be Chinese; where was it written that it has to be the fourth? Smile

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea but at 3 kids arrent the odds like 100%?

Yea guys I am making REALLY bad jokes, not mathematical points out of my total respect for the subject.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 12:57, landmark wrote:
There are many conservatives who think that people who are poor should not be procreating.

Like this one?

"You want an overpopulated earth?” the fuming, pro-abortion woman asks. “You want to keep paying taxes for babies that are born to crackheads?”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/04/06/watch-......Pu0Ij8Xf

Oh wait, my guess is she doesn't consider herself a conservative. (I realize she probably voted for Obama so YOU consider her a conservative, but that opinion would certainly be in the small, small, minority.)
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 15:38, rockwall wrote:

Oh wait, my guess is she doesn't consider herself a conservative.

Well, what we do know is that she has some anti-tax leanings.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Rockwall wrote:
Quote:
I realize she probably voted for Obama so YOU consider her a conservative...

Thank you for understanding my politics Smile

I'm sure there are individuals who might make the argument you've quoted above--I was specifically speaking of organized groups. I don't know of any that make the same argument as the woman quoted.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2013-04-08 16:48, landmark wrote:
Rockwall wrote:
Quote:
I realize she probably voted for Obama so YOU consider her a conservative...

Thank you for understanding my politics Smile

I'm sure there are individuals who might make the argument you've quoted above--I was specifically speaking of organized groups. I don't know of any that make the same argument as the woman quoted.

Well, first you said, "There are some folks who think you're evil if you're married but not procreating."

And then you said, "There are many conservatives who think that people who are poor should not be procreating."

Neither claim seems to be specifically speaking of organized groups. And as to the 2nd claim, I could have easily replied, "Sure, all those pro-abortion conservatives are always trying to stop the poor from having babies."

But, if you want to backtrack now, that's fine. Maybe you can point me to some organized groups platform that states that you're evil if you're married but not procreating. I'm not sure I've seen any of those. And while I doubt it's on the Green Party's platform, I wouldn't be surprised that a large part of them agree with Potty Pirates views that the world would be so much better if people would quit having babies and half the population would just die off.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Rockwall, I'm sure you are aware that there are many organized religions that hold that the purpose of marriage is to procreate. That was what I was referring to.
And no, your fantasies about the views of the Green Party about procreation are just that.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Don't worry landmark. Your views of other political parties are just as much fantasy.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your children belong to the State (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL