The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Going too far? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
My main table (pictured here with the Mak magic clown design) is a mechanical marvel. It has four foot petals to operate various effects, allowing my hands to be free. The middle petals flips my Zombie Dream gimmick into place which is hanging from my servante, the other slides back a panel and triggers a small 'elevator' to lift up flush with the table top. It can be loaded with something the size of a half gallon of milk and up to five pounds and it is very quiet (Way overkill) lol. The right petal opens and closes a black art trap door on the table top leading to a felt bag below. The left petal is the most versatile which simply pushes a small rod upwards through a small hole near the back of the table-top. I have modified my cheap Indian 'TV Frame' and designed my own 'Forgetful Freddie' and a few other effects to be triggered by this rod. The table has three different design panels for when I'm doing an evening parlor show too. Every single thing in this picture I built, some are totally original, one-of-a-kind effects. Shewww! I'm tuckered! Is this going too far, am I being a busy woodworker and a lazy magician? LOL

Click here to view attached image.
Even less known as David Kidd

Baltimore, Md. Curator of

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
David, I'm impressed! If doing all this brings you a sense of satisfaction, and you have fun performing with it, and your audiences enjoy your shows, it cannot be going too far. Lazy magicians would not make half this effort.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
Michael, you made my day! You're like my magic trick building hero n' stuff! LOL! Thanks for the compliment. I have much to post. This is my favorite section of the Café.

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
Sorry about the spelling error, I'm trying to cut back on the coffee.

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Maybe you can set up an account with something like Photobucket. The Café attachments usually end up too small to see good. I'm sure all the guys here would love to see your work. I know I would.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
Thank's for the photobucket advice Mr. Baker. Here I am a master of pro-tools and AVID and don't know how to use the darn internet! LOL. here it is larger.
http://s1286.photobucket.com/user/David_......rt=3&o=5

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
That's quite an amazing collection of magic!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Magic is great
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Magic is great
Quote:
On 2013-04-07 13:30, Michael Baker wrote:
That's quite an amazing collection of magic!

Yes it is! Very, very nice sir! Smile
RyanDicharry
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of RyanDicharry
Very nice work. How long did it take to learn to finish your props like that?
Ryan
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
Thanks Ryan, I'm not sure what you mean by finish. Do you mean paint? It's much easier to paint than to figure out how to build them! lol

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Agreed

So are these modified base-drum pedals? I use one of those for a piston that pushes a rabbit out of a top hat. Typical effect where you don't see the rabbit and it drives the kids crazy. Then the "works" drops through a T and you have an empty hat. The rabbit is found in a bucket then turns into a real rabbit.
KIDDMAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of KIDDMAGIC
Metal kick drum petals are too heavy, noisy and cumbersome with the metal chain and all. What am I? Neil Peart over here? lol. My petals are designed similarly out of wood and leather and plastic, all four are connected by a base strip and painted flat black. The whole unit fits into a cloth bag. It then attaches to the table and I make the linkages. Plus, the leverage required to lift my "elevator" and flip over my Zombie Dream gimmick forced me to come up with a very responsive type of petal. Which of course can backfire you if you are not careful! Great idea about the rabbit by the way Jay! Too bad my dog hates rabbits!

THE MAGIC OF BALTIMORE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Going too far? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL