The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peter Turner Rocks The House. Penguin Live (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Ulises Galeano
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
132 Posts

Profile of Ulises Galeano
Quote:
On 2013-04-18 23:43, Dave Nic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-18 22:15, Ulises Galeano wrote:
I also loved the P**ek, and I'm reading the Isabella Star pdf as we speak, this thing is awsome!!! Absolutley worth the price of the lecture, hell probabably triple of the lecture.

Has the pdf been sent out already?

yea if you go to your penguin downloads thing and click on learn there will be three objects, two videos and a pdf, the pdf is isabellas star.
123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
That Isabella's Star is great but I wish he showed us his handling that he used on the lecture!
Mike Ince
View Profile
Inner circle
2014 Posts

Profile of Mike Ince
I read complaints at the Penguin site that the lecture was too heavy on theory without enough effects, but theory is exactly what I need. Without it mentalism becomes too much like modern magic: a proliferation of means and a confusion of ends. I'm excited to be home long enough to watch the lecture. Sounds like it'll be good eatin'.
The secret of deception is in making the truth seem ridiculous.
Ulises Galeano
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
132 Posts

Profile of Ulises Galeano
Funny how all of the bad comments where made by anonymous..., and even with some people giving it bad reviews the average is still 5 stars after 28 reviews!
Mike if you haven't got it, get it, it was a wonderful lecture, they are correct there were only maybe 6(?) effects done, but you will walk away with so much more,
as a performing mentalist I have grown after watching this, truthfully, it has changed the way I look at how I do my effects, you can tell Peter is very passionate about our art
and it shows, its also very contagious, I learned that as we learn to be better performers our performance gets better and truly impacts whoever we are performing for, Peter hit a home run with this
lecture, I'm glad I got it. And the effect at the end is WOW, that is all I can say.
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
@123Crampt

If you watch the Portugal video, (sorry don't have a link handy) you will see the handling.
That should help you piece things together

Steve
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 23:57, Mike Ince wrote:
I read complaints at the Penguin site that the lecture was too heavy on theory without enough effects, but theory is exactly what I need. Without it mentalism becomes too much like modern magic: a proliferation of means and a confusion of ends. I'm excited to be home long enough to watch the lecture. Sounds like it'll be good eatin'.

funny you say that, because I sometimes am concerned about theory sides (because people can talk and talk but don't actually show what they mean), but the theory here was explained, not just some pipe dreams

like the mirror thing, ok it wasn't shown but we could all go and perform that no problem from the description, in fact, not seeing everything about it probably makes us think more, if you can't take a description like that and count it as an effect I don't know what to say

this is one of the reasons Penguin Live is great, Peter has great material and they produce it and make it so easy to see
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3767 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Personally I don't think it's possible to be too heavy on theory provided the theory is sound. Given enough theory you can create an infinite number of effects yourself and massively improve the effects that you already do.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Harpacrown Too is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=harpacrown-too
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
northernwarrior
View Profile
Regular user
Croatia
101 Posts

Profile of northernwarrior
I have more than one reason to absolutely love this lecture. First, of all, it's amazing lecture. Best one I ever watched, and the second reason is that I really enjoy being fooled, and Pete constantly fooled me throughout the lecture, especially when he revealed the number I only sent to Patrick. I was very skeptical, and wanted to see him sweat trying to get it right, and then he fuc***g nailed it, I was blown away and every trace of skepticism is erased. Peter is a living legend of mentalism! I also found this lecture very inspirational, especially the part about emotional relevance, and it really gave me a lot food for thought. I know I'll have to re-watch it again and again to pick all of the little subtleties Peter shares and I'm really looking forward to see more from him.

all the best,
Marko
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1258 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2013-04-20 07:41, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Personally I don't think it's possible to be too heavy on theory provided the theory is sound. Given enough theory you can create an infinite number of effects yourself and massively improve the effects that you already do.

Mark

I agree Mark but I just like to have something tangible, to show that the theory actually IS sound and workable, otherwise it might all just be an unreachable ideal,
thankfully Peter shows us exactly what he means and falls into both mine and your categories!
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
granterg
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of granterg
Peter's lecture was about much more than effects and theory.

It was about life.

granterg
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Thanks for tuning in everyone, I was nervous with this one as it left an imprint Smile glad you guys understood the message I was trying to put out there.

Much love,

Pete x
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1776 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Everyone's feeling the holy ghost of Theo Annemann from Reverend Peter Turner's amazing gospel! ;D There are some really rare tools that you will miss if you don't go back to listen for them in the lecture, each time I go back and watch I discover another little nugget I missed. You can easily listen to this lecture, apply the principles and ideas to boost your performances as well as your speaking well above the competition.

-Jakob
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
1957 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Peter Turner's Penguin lecture was wonderful and amazing. I'm so glad I got it. As others have already written, here and in review's on the Penguin site, the effects Peter taught are very strong, but the mindset he wants you to embrace: be bold, take risks, that's the only way to create miracles, is the real value. At least it was for me. But there's a lot more than that. The very clever psychology, the carefully worded phrases that create linguistic and psychological illusion, the well-thought-out subtleties - and the combining and layering of all of this into masterful presentation is so worth watching, then watching again and again to begin absorbing all of the content.

I discovered Peter Turner only a few months ago on this forum. Someone wrote that Peter would be the next big thing in mentalism. After getting two of his ebooks and watching his Penguin lecture twice, I think that's a prediction very likely to come true.
STARE, AN4QVU, Mr. Chumley Takes a Peek, The Elvis Peek, Micro Billet Q&A, Instant Psychic Readings or Just for the Hull of It (Q&A 1-2-3 + Hull of a Peek) are sold separately and are available for $20 each. To order send Paypal for $20 to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com and specify which title you are ordering.

Videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews can be found by doing a cafe search
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Peter, that was great mate! Smile
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1240 Posts

Profile of magicman29
"Psychological bullying" eh?......I'll give you psychological bullying next time I met ya Turner!!! Smile

Only got to seee the first half as my laptop just crashed! Smile
So far it is a Quality lecture Pete, everytime we chat I wish I had something to record our conversations and now I have the lecture download I can listen to it over and over again!

Kieran
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
I was curious about Mr. Turner, so I downloaded the Penguin Live lecture, and was absolutely blown away.

I am an absolute cynic about magic and mentalism. There is a lot of unworkable crap churned out, but I have one word after watching Pete Turner's lecture: In-(add expletive)-Spired.

I watched the first half a few weeks ago, and was amazed by the effects he demonstrated. They fooled me more than anything I have seen in a long time. That is nothing in and of itself. Lots of things fool me. The eureka-moments came later.

Tonight I watched the second half, that had almost no effects. It was the greatest magic/mentalism presentation I have ever seen. It was an extremely inspired, articulate and cogent articulation about evoking wonder, magic and beautiful experiences for audiences. It was like watching a heavily tattooed (occasionally foul-mouthed) west-Yorkshire Russell Crowe-looking Aristotle of Mentalism... with the soul of a poet. Truly inspiring stuff. I took waaaay more away from listening to him talk than I did the effects he explained.

I'll never have the brazen balls to do what he does, but the nuggets I mined from the lecture will enrich my performances for a long time!
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Quote:
On 2013-04-19 21:14, 123crampt wrote:
That Isabella's Star is great but I wish he showed us his handling that he used on the lecture!

Peter was so right when he said Isabella's Star is very dificult to perform. How can he go mentally through the process while he continues talking...

Maybe it's just me that can't do it. BUT what a wonderful efect, I will continue trying!
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On 2013-05-10 07:03, OnTiltSoon wrote:
Quote:

Peter was so right when he said Isabella's Star is very dificult to perform. How can he go mentally through the process while he continues talking...

Maybe it's just me that can't do it. BUT what a wonderful efect, I will continue trying!

yep, its hard, practice, practice,practice!
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On 2013-05-10 07:03, OnTiltSoon wrote:
Quote:

It just takes time Smile when I first started I used a pen and added it up under the guise of talking to them about the significance of numbers. I still sometimes use a pad if I'm feeling uncomfortable and I just make little notes.

The effect is so worth learning though Smile

Hope all is well x
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
I don't think it's hard, it's just works but nowadays everything must be easy and be ready to perform immediatly.
Works is not enough, to be perfect, experiences make the things perfect, so it means many years to refine it and practice! Oh Gosh!
With luck promystic will release a product can knows the astrological sign and date of birth of the spec.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peter Turner Rocks The House. Penguin Live (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL