The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Favorite $1 to $5 Switch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wcb39
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of wcb39
Referring to the effect using the two bills where magic happens in spectators hands. Is there a thread on this? Looked through a dozen or so pages and couldn't find it. Thanks, Bill
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Michael Ammar discusses this effect pretty thoroughly in his book The Magic of Michael Ammar. One thing he doesn't tell you though is how you get the bill prefolded. He simply refers to the patter in Encore 3. Does anyone have this patter to share as it seems strange to have to buy a different book in order to complete the effect.
Thanks
Shanester
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Re: $5 to $1 switch: one version is Beswitched which Ammar credits to George Hemphill I believe on the ETMMM series
wcb39
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of wcb39
Thanks guys. I have dusted of the ETMMM and BeSwitched is on tape 2. I plan to review it tonight.
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
I have found people really like this effect. I don't use Ammar's Million Dollar Mystery patter however. I have a plot about my wife borrowing lunch money for the kids and it goes through the transposition effect - have fun!
Dave Schutt
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of Dave Schutt
I love Michael Ammar's stuff and have over 10 of his videos, but I must say patter has never been the strong suit in his presentation. It may have worked in the 1970's or 80's but most of it sounds pretty corny these days. And yes I know he's 10x the magician I'll ever be but some of the presentations are downright excruciating to listen to.
Dave Schutt
Charlotte, NC
wcb39
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of wcb39
Just worked out a handling built on Bob Solari's Metamorphosis Bills where you can hand out your bill at the end. It will also allow to do it if you use Beswitched. PM me and I will share it with you.

Bill
Jason Wethington
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, Fl
615 Posts

Profile of Jason Wethington
Roger Klause has a great handling of this type of effect as does Burger and David Parr.
Jason
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Ammar's video in the "Classic Renditions" series is excellent. Definitely worth the money to get a clear demonstration of this great effect.
MagicAndBlackjack
View Profile
Elite user
442 Posts

Profile of MagicAndBlackjack
Sankey has a nice one which happens in spectator's hands. It's called "Foreign Exchange" and is a bonus trick with "Public Transit".

And Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
TJ
benrl
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of benrl
Al Cohen marketed an 'in the spectator's hand' bill switch that I use all the time. It allows the spectator to examine the bill left in their hand. Easy handling, no sleights.

Don't remember the name of it though.
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
My favorite is the Galli Galli bill switch. Any bills
and two specs. Doesn't get any better than that.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
wcb39
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of wcb39
KingStardog,

Sounds cool. Where is it written up?

Thanks,

Bill
Steve Oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Churchville,MD.
155 Posts

Profile of Steve Oxford
Personally I like David Parr's version in his book "Brain Food" Hard to beat this one. It is far better than the new Burger release.IMO
S.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Favorite $1 to $5 Switch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL