The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Edge Grip question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
Quote:
On 2003-11-28 00:03, CoolMAgic4U wrote:
PLUS like I said earlier and James also...I do not know of a routine that you would need to go into EG with 5 coins right off the top of my head. Smile

You might consider doing Roth's Coins Across (with the gimmick that's often spelled like a naughty word) with the chinese surprise holdout all (or often) in edge grip. That way you do all the steals and productions into and out of eg very cleanly and still have the ability to conceal the other four coins.

You can also avoid this concern by managing the stack in different locations....4 (or 5) in eg as well as another stack in Nowhere palm (I only say this because I'm working out a 4 coin handling of Bejing Trio, since I use 4 coins most of the time anyway).
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
787 Posts

Profile of tedski
Thank you for your input everyone. I guess part of my point was how practical people find to use this tecnique for dollars in the real world. I can hide the coins as you did in your video Ed, but to get there without revealing the technique live will take me a lot more practice.

BTW -my Barber halves are so much quieter than my Morgans. My Morgans are from 1872, and although not worth much to my dealer ($6 a coin) they have a lot of surface detail. To make this technique quieter I will be using a combination of wet emory cloth and jewelers rouge to sand the surface down. Anyone else do this? I hate to change the appearance, but they are just too noisy. Opinions requested. Smile
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Sorry, Jim, but I'm supposed to call Kainoa first any time I'm tempted to plug my upcoming video projects. Just one of the 13 steps to recovery, you know.

Strangely, the phone call had no effect, so, to answer your question, yes, there will be EG work on the next PoS discs, because the EG is now all over my material. A coins across using EG is likely, but if what you're looking for is a tableless coins across for three, I reccomend the sequence from "Beijing Coins across" on PoS2. Just leave out the three Chinese coins, and you've got a perfectly good standup/strolling coins across. In fact, I have taught just this sequence to magicians looking for an across for tablehopping work.

If you want the latest additions to that routine, I cover an improved second coin sequence, and the advanced psychology on the third, in my lecture notes from the Magic Castle and LVMI lectures, "COINS:Howtowhattowheretowhyto" which will be available soon (I'm told) at Kainoaland.

Okay, end of plug. Gotta stay one step ahead of the guys with the tranquilizer gun.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Edge Grip question (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL