The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Jared Kopf as Dai Vernon on AMA? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mikelsc
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of mikelsc
Rumors been around that Jared Kopf did an incredible impersonation of Dai Vernon on the AMA just yesterday. Not having the chance to see it, I was just wondering how it went?

Of course I realize it would be a bit unfair for those who were there to "describe vividly" to me... But I couldn't help it, just curious.

Anyone seen it?
R.E. Byrnes
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of R.E. Byrnes
Sounded & looked like vernon; did linking rings; irascible, etc.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
5863 Posts

Profile of motown
Was he a young Vernon?
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
mikelsc
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of mikelsc
Byrnes: Thank you very much. I guess that's enough. It's a bit foolish of me asking. Should've gone see it live. Magic is always the best when seen live.

motown: I guess he wore make-up to be an older version of Vernon.

Cheers,
M
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
He wore make up and had Vernon's voice pretty close. Did the rings only. MC didn't set it up wall, and laymen around me in audience didn't know why some old guys was just doing the linking rings.

Yes, there are lots of laymen as "Associate Members" of the Magic Castle.

IMHO the show was weak, had no star quality and very little magic. A mime, who nobody I talked to could figure out what he was doing, an excellent hand shadow act (but not magic) Caveney did a juggling bit (not magic) a juggler (again, not magic) Berry and Stuart did an illusion that didn't fool anyong and did a card in stomach that was original, Tamariz did a great 3 card monte, but went on too long with a cell phone trick.

Lots of people walked out and hung out in the lobby about 2/3rds into the show.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Jared Kopf as Dai Vernon on AMA? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL