The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Top of the Props - Kids Tricks Countdown (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shouksmiths
View Profile
Regular user
York, England
108 Posts

Profile of shouksmiths
Mark and Paul at Mission Magic have recorded a new video podcast with a Top 10 Countdown of favourite tricks for entertaining children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eicp7l1FLC0

Anyone who has seen the UK TV program Top of the Pops will recognise the inspiration behind the format.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Thankfully I have none of the props on this countdown.

It should also be pointed out that this is a gospel magic presentation rather than a kids magic presentation, so it is in the wrong section.
The Mighty Fool
View Profile
Inner circle
I feel like a big-top tent having
2114 Posts

Profile of The Mighty Fool
Quote:
On 2013-04-09 23:24, TonyB2009 wrote:

It should also be pointed out that this is a gospel magic presentation rather than a kids magic presentation, so it is in the wrong section.

The PRESENTERS were gospel magicians but the tricks themselves werent. Even the coloring book was the same effect, simply a religious theme, which as these guys showed, can be given to almost any prop / routine.

Having said that.....

This has got to be the WORST top 10 lineup of props I;ve ever witnessed!! The only one I ever SOMEtimes use is the coloring book. The props here were lame lame LAME!!

Lets see if I cant spiffen this list up a bit:

10) Popsytopsy wand
It's unreal how much milleage you can get out of this thing. Just ask the great zuchini.
9) Change bag
Easily the most versatile prop ever. No room to list all the possible routines & uses
8) Ridiculous Ravioli
It's the 'peanut butter & jelly' effect---on steroids! Way magical, and way hilarious!
7) A puppet
Dosent necesarily have to be a vent dummy...nor do you have to throw your voice. Kids just love puppets!
6) Off-the-meter (Okay, I KNOW I'm gonna catch some flack on this one!)
Gets everyone involved, gets everyone excited, gets everyone LAUGHING. Whats not to like?
5) A card fountain (preferrably remote-controlled)
Kids love to watch things explode!
4) Giant appearing object from impossibly small container
The oo's and Aah's are SOoooworth it!
3) There is no #3. Sorry.
2) The comedey chair
Getting a bit hard to find, but theyre pretty easy to make. And they give at least 6 minutes of solid glee.
Aaaaand the #1 PRRRUMPAPAPAPUMPAPAPAPRRUMPTA---TATATATUMTATATATUMTATATATUMPAAAA---BRAPATABRAPATABRAPATA.....excuse me.
#1 is the rabbit production box
Produce a rabbit, and you job is done.
Everybody wants to beleive.....we just help them along.
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1138 Posts

Profile of danfreed
Yeah, that line up of tricks was very bad for a top 10 list, I didn't bother watching the whole thing. I know to a large extent it's not the trick, it's how you present it, etc., but still...I think they just wanted to promote certain tricks they have in stock or like to demo and sell.
Bill Knight
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
318 Posts

Profile of Bill Knight
You can't have a top ten without the Measle Teasle wand from Tommy James so can I offer that as your missing number 3
Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional
www.magicbill.co.uk
MichaelCGM
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma City
2258 Posts

Profile of MichaelCGM
Curious, how different entertainers view different effects. Smile I use the Egg Nest occasionally, and it has a really great impact. I also use the "Royal Magic" version of the Flower Box Production (Mini Dream Bag). I use it as the "Grand Finale" for all of my kid's shows. I bought a Jumbo Dream Bag several years ago, but couldn't find a reason to have an empty bag producing flowers - so I sold it, dirt cheap. About a year later, I was looking for a finale. While trying to figure out what might be really impressive, the Dream Bag popped back into my head. This time with a good, solid reason for having the bag, a great kernel of an idea for the script, and a super-finale to the finale, I struck gold. I picked up the Royal, started working on it, scripted and re-scripted, and now it blows audiences away. A superb finale!

That being said, I also liked the Rabbit Silk from a Hat Silk. I’m just not sure if I’d want to change out what I’m currently using.

The presentation of the Top 10 Props left a lot to be desired. It was rather flat and boring. But, some great props, nonetheless. Which comes back to the idea that perspective is everything. Smile
Magically Yours,

Magical Michael

MagicalMichael.com Smile Laus Deo!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Top of the Props - Kids Tricks Countdown (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL