The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Not very magical still is extremely menotness (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Why is everyone here so cool with Woland calling all the tunes. I for one would like a new DJ.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16031 Posts

Profile of tommy
Menotness?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2013-04-09 18:11, tommy wrote:
Menotness?


Pretty sure he means monotonous.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Whoops
Thanks Marlin Tommy was just playing dumb. MONOTONOUS is the word that I was trying to spell.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Figuring out "monotonous" was pretty easy. Figuring out what else it is you are trying to say isn't quite as easy. This place isn't like a single radio station, it's like the whole AM and FM dial. If you don't like a certain "DJ" don't listen to him. Change the station, or even make some music of your own. You wanna start ten threads a day? Go ahead.

Maybe you can tells us how many songs you have on your ipod again, Lord knows that never gets monotonous.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16031 Posts

Profile of tommy
I am not sure what Al has against Woland apart from Woland being right.

:)
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
psychod
View Profile
Regular user
I may not be a millionaire but at least I have
182 Posts

Profile of psychod
I'm also not quite sure what this forum is really about. If there is concern that someone is being inappropriate, that could be reported to Steve Brooks. However, if it's a case of someone posting things that you don't agree with or don't find worth your time, why bother reading it? I found a couple of things here that I vehemently disagree with so now I know what not to bother reading. Given the vast amount of information that is here, it's not at all surprising that there will be at least some that is of no value to somebody.

Just my 3 cents,

Dave


PS-I know 3 cents has no meaning but everyone always puts their 2 cents in!
Just adding my 3 cents worth because anybody can add their 2 cents worth...
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Relax and dance a little, Al.

Woland gives and takes. He's polite and pretty cool in my books. I happen to disagree with him quite frequently and let it be known, as do others.

But I am convinced that Woland is a good egg.

I think you are too, Al. So have a beer and dance along to the tune.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
This place has become as dry as matzo without jelly, or anything to wash it down with, and it appears that I'm the only one who has noticed.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-04-09 21:08, tommy wrote:
I am not sure what Al has against Woland apart from Woland being right.

:)


Far right.

:eek:
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-04-09 21:20, psychod wrote:
I'm also not quite sure what this forum is really about.


That's because you're new here. It takes at least a year or two at least to understand the dynamics of NVMS. Don't assume that because we are arguing all the time that we don't like each other.

It's kind of like therapy.

:eek:
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
No Bob
It's having the sense of humor of William F Buckley Jr is what I'm talking about.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-04-09 22:17, Al Angello wrote:
No Bob
It's having the sense of humor of William F Buckley Jr is what I'm talking about.


I'm pretty sure that Buckley would disassociate himself from most of today's conservatives.

(Just like you are probably the only Italian I know who would know what dry matzoh tastes like! Smile)
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6614 Posts

Profile of magicfish
....and it begins. See how it works, psychod?
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
Here's a little somethin' for ya Al, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUVGXSM4pVU
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Dr. Van Van Mijo
Now that's the kind of change up I was looken for. You know I have always been a sucker for 1950's New Orleans rock and roll music, and Jessie Hill was one of my favorites.

Thanks My Friend

Bob
I googled the spelling of that word you know? I grew up in an equal opportunity low income row house neighborhood with many Jewish, Polish, Black, and Irish neighbors, so I'm familiar with Jewish, Polish, Irish, and Soul food.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-04-09 22:13, mastermindreader wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-09 21:20, psychod wrote:
I'm also not quite sure what this forum is really about.


That's because you're new here. It takes at least a year or two at least to understand the dynamics of NVMS. Don't assume that because we are arguing all the time that we don't like each other.

It's kind of like therapy.

:eek:

Psychod, what Bob says here is very true. I came here a little over a year ago kicking and fighting and then I learned that it was an ego trip on my part. It does indeed take time to understand the characters in here and what we are about. And it's ok to agree or disagree. But the key is to keep it all in perspective and know when to say something and when not. There are a lot of smart folks in here who will catch you every time you say something stupid or irrelevant. Trust me, I've been there. Smile

And this, by by the way is my apology to any of you I may have offended in my first year with some of the things I have said.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Personally, I'm surprised the mods have allowed a topic to stand who's only purpose was to attack another member here.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-04-10 02:17, rockwall wrote:
Personally, I'm surprised the mods have allowed a topic to stand who's only purpose was to attack another member here.


Have you ever read the rules about no politics or religion to be discussed? lol.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Bob1Dog-

Alrighty then. (I say that because you once said you like that phrase.)

My apologies to you as well.

Good thoughts,

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Not very magical still is extremely menotness (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL