The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » From a homeless prisoner to a contributing member of society (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
A great story for a couple of reasons. Ginger is now working in Billngs, Montana, while not one of my favorite places on the planet, it's only about 6o or so miles from the Custer Battlefield and a very worthwhile visit if you have the time on a long layover, and about twice that number of miles to some of the best fly fishing for trout in the world, the Madison River in and about Ennis, Montana.

But here's another good reason for loving Ginger, though a different breed......no ads, but it takes a bit to load, so give it time before playing......

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2010/06/br......nds.html
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Hi Bob1Dog,

I love Billings, which is one reason the story piqued my interest. We spent part of the last two summers visiting the Custer Battlefield and National Monument, the lovely towns of Buffalo, Cody, Red Lodge, and driving through the mountains. Unfortunately, we didn't have the right vehicle to get to the Hole In The Wall, so we'll be making another trip this summer or next.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Hey Woland, if you want a real treat, visit Ennis, Montana and hire a guide to take you and another person on a Mackensie river boat float fly fishing trip on the Madison River. You don't have to know the art, your guide will help you and you and your other person will have the time of your life catching wonderful wild trout. You can eat 'em or put 'em back, your choice, but it's pure fun. It's not inexpensive, but worth every dollar. If you're interested in knowing more, PM me.

As for Custer Battlefield, I've visited it several times and have read several books about the battle, but being there gives us a better perspective of what really happened there, despite all opinons. And the small museum is an intersting look too. The National Park Service does a good job here, and the T-shirts are great gifts!

PS...actually, Billings IS one of my favorite places to check in on every now and again. My wife is from Montana and her sister and their family still live there. We get back there every couple of years or so, but always with the caveat that I get at least one fly fishing trip. At the time of Custer, Billings was just a little outpost of pioneers and other sorts. But the Yellowstone River put Billings on the map. Custer and Sitting Bull may have had something to do with that too. Smile
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » From a homeless prisoner to a contributing member of society (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL