The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » I am thinking Spooky and Bizarre on this. Check this out... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Is this another 37 thread?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Loads of good spooky little routines with this, murder victims for one, as has been mentioned ,there card ,i hold it on to a tatoo on my arm revealing the tattoo and there card pip. Imagination all that's's needed but yes the environment can be an issue at times,sll the best.
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
I considered re releasing Death in the Family using this method. In the end it looked too gimmicky and magicky - the audience are taken away from their own internal imagery and focus on 'how it was done'. Hurrah for suggestion!
Having said that.... well... y'know...
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Quote:
On 2013-04-14 08:12, Christopher Gould wrote:
I considered re releasing Death in the Family using this method. In the end it looked too gimmicky and magicky - the audience are taken away from their own internal imagery and focus on 'how it was done'. Hurrah for suggestion!

great food for thought Chris. I always wondered how much visual magick so to speak in a bizarre routine is too much or too little? Im sure everyone has their own opinion on that.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
There is no problem in justifying its existence with a good presentation

Time travel for example would be a snap and you can add a couple of simple pack flat carry items to male sure it works
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Christopher Gould
View Profile
Inner circle
in special pants.
1029 Posts

Profile of Christopher Gould
Quote:
On 2013-04-14 09:51, Mind illusionist wrote:
Quote:

great food for thought Chris. I always wondered how much visual magick so to speak in a bizarre routine is too much or too little? Im sure everyone has their own opinion on that.

My own opinion, which is not dogmatic, is that the more you can make happen in the mind of the participants, the stronger the effect will be.
Death in the Family is a good case in point. The effect is similar to this, but it happens in the mind of the participants (not that they think that!). This means that it resonates deeper and is perceived as a genuine event rather than a clever artifice. This is not putting down the item under discussion. It does look like it has a lot of potential uses,and Andrew is a great creative brain. So even though this may find its way into my wallet, Iwould want to work a way of making it a little more subtle - a little more 'did I really see that?'.
The Moon is now to be found in the constellation of Gemini:
https://www.geminiartifacts.com
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Quote:
On 2013-04-14 19:32, Christopher Gould wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-04-14 09:51, Mind illusionist wrote:
Quote:

My own opinion, which is not dogmatic, is that the more you can make happen in the mind of the participants, the stronger the effect will be.
Death in the Family is a good case in point. The effect is similar to this, but it happens in the mind of the participants (not that they think that!). This means that it resonates deeper and is perceived as a genuine event rather than a clever artifice. This is not putting down the item under discussion. It does look like it has a lot of potential uses,and Andrew is a great creative brain. So even though this may find its way into my wallet, Iwould want to work a way of making it a little more subtle - a little more 'did I really see that?'.

Good thoughts Chris. So true that it is stronger, the more the effect happens in their mind. And for the record I didn't think you were being dogmatic!

I have never purchased any of Andrew's work, but if I need a good photo effect for a bizarre routine, Il probably be picking this up then.

kindly,
M.I.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I have just purchased DITF second hand and am just reading the instructions. I am loving what I am reading, I too like the things that happen more in the mind, cant wait to try it out.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » I am thinking Spooky and Bizarre on this. Check this out... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL