The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Best rising card from deck? check out Martinismagic rising card deck (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Nobody will ever be able to compete with the care and customer service of Marty Grams at http://www.martinismagic.com/
. This guy really cares about you and loves to serve with all types of card gimmicks as well. A class act.
SaltyDog
View Profile
New user
Australia
25 Posts

Profile of SaltyDog
Just wanted to second what people are saying about Marty from Martini's Magic. I too ordered the Rising Deck from him and I am extremely pleased with the operation of the deck. Marty is generous to a fault and his customer service is above and beyond what is the norm these days!
Cheers
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
More to add... George Richbark finally fulfilled my latest order... I have seen an older deck of his that a friend of mine uses... his quality has declined... The deck works just fine. It uses a pin method similar to the Devano and laces the cards together like the Arne/AMY deck. Also, you will have to handle it slightly differently than an Arne/AMY deck.

Marty's deck is superior to Galdini's. I also now have a real Devano deck in my possession, and I can attest that if you want to do Don Alan's handling as outlined by Ron Bauer, you really need an actual Devano deck. Richbark's deck and the Arne/Amy type /will/ work but you will have to modify your handling for a certain part.

If you want to handle the deck as Pop Haydn does, it is better, perhaps even necesary to use an Arne/AMY deck.

I have also since found out that Lonnie Galdini was making decks for Loftus/Empire at one time, and may still be if he is still around... His deck is very much like Martini's but with a significant difference that makes the gimmick packet less deceptive. Also Marty uses toupee tape and Galdini uses some kind of little dot of adhesive that you used to have send off to him to get... Masking tape will work fine with either deck as they work the same way.

Any questions PM me.
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3691 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Here is a little video on the handling of an Arne/Amy style deck:

https://www.popsmagic.com/store/p111/Pop......deo.html

https://youtu.be/OfgLXPpZSvM
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
I have been studying your instructional video on the rising cards, Pop, and I have found it extremely valuable. Thank you for making this available to us. Anyone who is using a rising card deck should watch Pop's video. It's only $10, years ago this would have been a $40 or $50 video tape!

The way in which the deck is handled makes all the difference. You must be very natural and handle the deck as if it is regular deck of cards. You must present the trick as if you really believe it is real magic... Pop's character even gets a little hint of fear in his eye! (care to elaborate on that little bit of subtext, Pop?)
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
Brad Ballew
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, TN
105 Posts

Profile of Brad Ballew
Just recently ordered one of Marty's Rising Cards and I can vouch for his excellent customer service. I actually had one of his rising cards years ago, but it sadly got lost when we moved towns. I look forward to playing with it again once it arrives.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2393 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Can anyone comment on the quality of this set of rising cards?

https://www.missionmagic.co.uk/new-execu......es-risen
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2016, Bogbadger wrote:
Had my standard rising deck for over a year now as well as a bespoke antique deck that Marty created for me from an early 1900's deck that was ridiculously cheap in an antique shop. Combined with one of Marc Charrise's fantastic Thurston boxes and a decent back story it's an absolute killer. I've had people step back from the deck with their mouths open looking really worried and with some good crowd control had a card rise whilst the deck was in the specs friends hand...lots of swearing and and freaking out. And yes when I practice with the deck I still find myself chuckling with glee like I did when I posted here more than a year ago. Marty is a gem,

As you can see from my previous post I've had three of Marty's rising decks for over seven years now. They all still work perfectly every time, they still fool every spectator 100% of the time and I still chuckle out loud every time I practice with them. I got in touch with Bridget this week (She took over the business from her Dad earlier this year)
And the customer service is still second to none!
http://www.martinismagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Best rising card from deck? check out Martinismagic rising card deck (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL