The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » What rope trick is the greatest rope miracle you do? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On 2013-06-13 08:52, Caféinst wrote:
I link a red rope and a white rope together (the first Dean's Box routine without the box). I do both of these only once.

best penetration routines with ropes.

If I remember, the red/white link was a Paul Curry thing. Jack Hart showed it to me in Ontario, CA about 20 years ago--and it knocked my socks off!!!

I use it regularly, too. (Around the neck, it's not angle proof, but I only do it when....)
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
cafeinst
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of cafeinst
I do the red/white link it in my hand in plain view, not behind the neck. The spectator can see everything except what is in my closed hand. I performed it for my local Society of American Magicians meeting and they liked it. I've fooled many people with it. It can be angle-proof too if one is careful.

I developed it after I saw Dean's Box and realized that I couldn't afford the box. I also can do the 2nd routine with Dean's Box with only a magic wand and the two ropes but without the box.

Dean's Box is great, as the box adds mystery to the effect, but the box is not necessary to produce the red/white link effect.
Sébastien
View Profile
New user
Marseille (France)
18 Posts

Profile of Sébastien
One of the best routine for me is the walking not of Doug Henning.
The spectator cut the rope, the spectato do the knot, the knot is moving from the left to the right, and the spectator open the knot !! Crazy !!

And I like two effects in my rope act, rope thru the body (new and personnal version) and the walking knot...but with a knot moving alone on the rope...

A very good comercial routine is Fiber Optic by Richard Sanders !!
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Well, I guess that this thread simply points out that doing a Magic Trick with ropes is the "Near-Perfect" Magician's performance piece, with a HUGE pallet of time-tested audience pleasers to choose from!~

You can do rope magic ANYWHERE, up-close, strolling, on-stage, with no language or patter misunderstanding..........regardless of the language spoken, and everyone understands that you're doing a rope trick.

Rope Magic can be played BIG or small, and you can develop so many different tricks and routines, short and cute, up-close and personal, or big, huge, dramatic and mysterious stage Mini-Illlusions.

For me, personally, carrying around a "plain old piece of rope" in my left front pants pocket along with two Fifty-Cent pieces in my right front pocket means I'm ALWAYS ready to go at a moment's notice...
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2013-07-14 07:28, Sébastien wrote:
One of the best routine for me is the walking not of Doug Henning.
The spectator cut the rope, the spectato do the knot, the knot is moving from the left to the right, and the spectator open the knot !! Crazy !!

Yes! When I first learned the method for this, I was just as amazed. Very clever!
~michael baker
The Magic Company
dykstraj99
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of dykstraj99
Is the Bill Neff rope trick on video someplace. I done the typical YouTube and google searches and not found any videos of that specific rope trick .
john Graybeal
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of john Graybeal
I would like to see a video of the Bill Neff rope trick but I have not had any luck yet either.

John
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
As Dennis Loomis mentioned at the beginning of this thread, the Neff Miracle Rope was performed by Bill Cosby in one of Doug Henning's TV Specials. (His 7th Special, back in 1981.), but I don't see it online anywhere either ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 19:39, dykstraj99 wrote:
Is the Bill Neff rope trick on video someplace. I done the typical YouTube and Google searches and not found any videos of that specific rope trick .

Quote:
On 2013-09-18 01:18, john Graybeal wrote:
I would like to see a video of the Bill Neff rope trick but I have not had any luck yet either.

John

The Bill Neff Miracle (Cut and Restored Visual) Rope trick may not play well on television, due to the handling. I would say it fools the eyes of any audience, but the camera is totally different. Thus it would most likely have to be edited for viewing, then you would feel you were being duped but you are not, but most would feel that are.

If all you want to do is see it, then forget it, if you want to perform it, then buy it and perform it for other. It is not that expensive.

http://www.abbottmagic.com/Miracle-Rope-......oryId=-1
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
The Neff Rope was a running gag with Cosby in the first Henning Special: 1975.
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I really love Darryl's Acrobatic knot.
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Here are my current favourtie rope routines:
1)Pavel's 'Super Walking Knot'
2)Scott Alexander's 'Slashed'
3)Richard Sanders 'Fibre Optics'
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
As a lot of you know I’ve been posting videos recently of my 7 year old son performing magic. Partially because I am very proud of him and partly because it’s frustrating for him not being able to perform for real people at the moment and he gets a buzz reading other magicians comments.

Over the last few weeks I put up videos of him doing coin manipulation, card magic, cups and balls and sponge balls. However the fibre optics routine is something very new to him - rope magic. He’s worked on this routine for a long time.

A lot of you will know Richard Sanders Fibre Optics routine. It’s very tricky and lots of phases and when Ryland started he hadn’t done rope magic before.

I think he’s done an amazing job and wanted to share this. Let me know what you think as he reads everyone’s comments. And if you like it please subscribe to his channel. It would mean the world to him.

Thanks everyone.

https://youtu.be/NKT64wX9E18
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Thanks to everyone. One of my favorite threads. Some of these comments were written by dear magicians who have passed on. Ian--dances with ropes, Pete Biro, Dennis Loomis. And some of these posts include mention of Pavel and Daryl who have passed on. Oh how I wish I could have known them to discuss things and to enjoy them.

But we must carry on with magic. Before we join the ones who are in the place we will go to. See some have devoted part of their lives to great magic ..... Wow. Sorry for being sentimental. But it just hits me hard.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I like:
The Awakening by Dan Harlan
and
The Rope Circle by Jeki Yoo

KJ
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I take a two foot piece of clothesline, plainly cut it in half and immediately throw it out to the audience restored. End clean. Learned it in 1976.

Doug
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Dec 20, 2020, Dougini wrote:
I take a two foot piece of clothesline, plainly cut it in half and immediately throw it out to the audience restored. End clean. Learned it in 1976.

Doug

Sounds great, Doug. I hate cutting rope during performances, but I'm guessing you aren't going through a lot of rope in your performance. I like the idea, and I'm pretty sure I know exactly how you do it.

KJ
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
A one-time set up for a very special occasion. Not for walk-around! LOL!

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » What rope trick is the greatest rope miracle you do? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL